Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2001 3:19:20 PM EDT
just got a colt 16" flattop with c/handle and cant get it to hit paper at 100yds ran out of adjustment on the frontsite it still hits high.
is this common?
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#1]
My Olympic did that too. Turns out the muzzle brake was loose. Check yours if you have one. If it aint loose it might be crooked. Run a cleaning rod down the barrel and see if it touches the hole in the end of your brake.I took it off and it did fine. It just made too much noise and punished other shooters at the range anyway.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#2]
no that's not it. i was just wondering if may be the c/handle is at a different height than an A2 or if the frontsight is different cos it's on a flattop.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#3]
need to find out the scoop cos i have a couple of a2 upper that i'd swap the the flat out for. or maybe a different rear sight.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#5]
would it have marking on it so i can be sure cos i'll sell the carry handle if it's not the right one
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top