Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2001 3:40:02 AM EDT
I can not find a 22 magnum semi auto pistol. What's with the manufactures?
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 3:56:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Why the fvck would you want one?
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 5:01:46 AM EDT
[#2]
AMT used to make one.  I think they called it the AutoMagIII or IV.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 5:08:59 AM EDT
[#3]
amt makes one,the automag III I believe is .30 cal carbine and the IV is 10 mm .I have one and like it they come in 3 sizes 3 3/8,4 1/2, 6 inch barrel .they have a big muzzle flash greenish orange and about foot long.the gun won't function with cci bullets but functions flawless with winchester ammo.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 11:29:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Maybe he has money to piss off in the wind, like me. When you have money to piss off like that, you will understand.
GG
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 2:06:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Gun Guru: So true it's only money. I am a "DINK" (double income no kids)

Troy: Thanks for the photo..
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Grendel also used to make a garbine that took the 30rounders based also on the same pistol. I had one, it kept breaking firing pins and I hated making new ones all the time. It was a really neat little gun though had a stock like a that retracted like a HK91 retractable. Anyone have a picture of this. I never took one of it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I like my .22 mag High Standard D101 derringer. It was an authorized backup weapon for the Louisiana State police and my daddy carried one for 20+ years on the job. You can't see it in my pocket and it's a good last resort weapon. Only 2 shots but that ought to take the sass out of a BG. When someone comes begging  for an extra asshole it will do the job.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Grendel made the P-30 from 1990-1994, mag capacity of 30 rounds.
The P-30L as above but with an 8" barrel instead of the 5".
P-30M with a removable muzzle brake
P-31 muzzle brake and 11" barrel

They also made one extremely accurate .308 rifle with an under-folding stock and finned match grade barrel.  Saw this puppy once used as an "operator's" weapon - slings very neatly under a raincoat and still has .308 firepower.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:14:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Gun of the month club members understand!

or should I say gun A month
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 12:48:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:21:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Your question is stupid and people like you ruin this board. My 2 cents.
P.S. sorry to be honest.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 9:05:31 AM EDT
[#13]
I used to have a AMT 22 magnum pistol, I say used to because it was an unreliable POS that could never get through a mag without jamming. Too bad as it was nice but I won't own an unreliable gun. I also heard of other people that had reliability problems with the AMT 22 magnum.

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 2:20:39 PM EDT
[#14]
The 22 automag by amt will jam every time with cci ammo but if you stick with winchester it will shoot  flawlessly .the winchester seems to be hotter load than the cci .the are a few other ammo manufactures that work fine but i don't remember which one they are right now.I'm very happy with mine with the right ammo.They tell you right in the paperwork  to use winchester ammo.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Actually if you're using CCI MaxiMag +V that's about the hottest load you can get.  I believe it has more to do with the size of the casing than how hot the load is.  I have one of those R31 carbines that Cummins4x4 was referring too.  I, like him, had problems with it when I first purchased it.  I had to send it back to the factory twice for repair.  Fortunately I was able to do this before they went deep-six.  It works fine now and shoots fairly reliably.  It's a hoot to fire.  I get all sorts of cock-eyed looks at the range when I break that thing out.

I would like to post a picture of it, but for some reason all that shows up is the old "broken window" when I try to post.  I was always able to post pics on the old site, but for some reason I can't on the new one.  Anyone have any idea why?

MG
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The 22 automag by amt will jam every time with cci ammo but if you stick with winchester it will shoot  flawlessly .the winchester seems to be hotter load than the cci .the are a few other ammo manufactures that work fine but i don't remember which one they are right now.I'm very happy with mine with the right ammo.They tell you right in the paperwork  to use winchester ammo.

I used every type of 22 magnum ammo under the sun, nothing could make it go through a mag without jamming, also have read countless claims of the same. If yours works then yours is the exception, not the rule.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top