Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2001 3:07:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 3:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Dont knw about the Merger mags,But the 3 factory Highcaps I have, have 3 or 4 holes on the sides of the mags on the bottem half of the mag. And none of them are marked in any way. I know they are factory because I opened the packages they came in from the factory.
SCAR
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 9:27:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The mags that came with my P89 had a metal/plastic or completely plastic floor plate with the Ruger emblem molded into them.  I can't remember if there were any holes in them since I have not had the gun for several years.

Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, my P89 mags that came with it were Ruger marked on the baseplate, and I know all factory packaged mags I've seen in the stores (pre- and post-ban) had the same marking on the baseplate. The aftermarket mags I bought early on, have no markings... hell they could be USA brand.

No_Expert
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#5]
All the unmarked ones that I had for mine were aftermarket mags. I sold the gun and mags so I cant do any comparisons at the moment. I wish I had some more info for you. I will say that the SS ones that I had were all USA mags.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 7:21:59 PM EDT
[#6]

the 2 i have that came with my gun have 4 holes down each side and no markings anywhere.  they're 15 rounders.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:53:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Kevin,my friend,I know your my friend because you contacted me with a deal before you went to market/boards with it.AnyHoo, you know more about mags than I,however, I do know that EARLY ruger factory HI-CAP(15)mags have a unmarked metal baseplate and are hard to distinguish from aftermarket.All P-series mags I've seen as "RugerFactory" have had 'grey' followers though, even the older ones....O' and I do not know about the "older" ones and the witness holes question.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 7:13:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 7:19:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Kevin,

Try here

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/rugershootersclub
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Below is a pic of a factory P89.  The second picture is blurry, but it does show the Ruger emblem outline.  Come to think of it, I have never seen a Ruger mag without the emblem molded into the floor plate.

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top