Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2001 2:35:52 PM EDT
Is it legal to put one of these on a post ban Bushmaster?

I know it's OK to use the RAS/RIS on a post ban, but I seem to remember something about not using a forward grip if it mounts to the barrel?

Link Posted: 12/8/2001 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you're thinking of a pistol.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanx. Just wanted to double-check since I suffer from C.R.S. heheh.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 10:11:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 7:29:48 AM EDT
[#4]
That sounds like the way to go. The Knights rail is too pricey for me at the moment.

Do need a quad rail to low mount my red dot scope. Could I cheat and use the Cavalry Arms OK mount with a Tasco red dot?
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 11:29:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Although I normally respect and abide by Troy's advice,  I have to dissent on this one....

Once the mount is on the barrel, it locks up nice and tight.  I have had no issues of flimsiness or looseness on mine.

The only thing that should be of concern about these units is that you have to mount them in front of the front sight.  This can be an uncomfortable reach for some (Hence the adjustability on the RIS/RAS units).  On my rifle however, I modified my handguards and mounted the unit sight-unseen under the handguards, closer to the receiver. Very clean looking.

The raked-forward grip is basically no different than the Thompson submachine guns of days earlier; so if you don't mind the feel of those, you should have no problem with the BM  one.  

If your own personal ergonomics dictate that your forward wrist is perpendicular to the barrel, then maybe a more "conventional" grip is for you.  But for the price, you can't beat the BM grip!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top