Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2001 2:02:21 PM EDT
A guy at work wants to trade my Taurus model 445 44spl SS conceled hammer 2inch ported barrel with 400 rounds through it. He has a S&W model 625 45acp SS 3inch barrel with 15 rounds through it we put them through it today. IT is marked 1989 model if that matters. I love my little Taurus and hated the moon clips tht the S&W used. I know the S&W is worht more and I would trade and sell it and get another taurus but I cantfind anymore like it for sale online. All of them have an exposed hammer. Just want your input because the taurus sells for around $325 online
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I'd trade, The blue book I have,19th ed.(1998) values the Smith you describe at $495.00(3" bbl disc. in 1991) and $265.00(used) for the Taurus,(if it's 100%,like new)I'd give the Smith a chance, I'd bet if you shot it more you just might like it, (you could always keep your eyes peeled for .45 auto rim brass, (basically rimmed acp brass)and elimitate the moon clips, I'd go with the Smith, Higher quality, better handgun.Figure the Smith MAY be worth about another $100.00 by now,So yes, trade you can't really lose.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:54:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Do the deal!  You can turn around and resell that 625 in a heartbeat for a NICE profit.

625s have a rabid following.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top