Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/8/2001 12:11:08 PM EDT
In the movie Predator, one of the guys (the Indian, I believe) had a shotgun mounted underneath his M-16 rifle. I remember seeing an ad in SGN or one of those magazines a long time ago for a mount to attach a 12 gauge to an AR-15.
1. Is this legal?
2. Is the mounting hardware available? i.e. field quality stuff that won't fall apart on you.
3. Is it practical? i.e. weight of shotgun and ammo justified by usefulness of a scattergun in tactical situation. I suppose coolness factor might go under here too.
I don't know much about the "specialty" 12ga ammo from places like firequest but maybe that stuff would be useful as well (maybe not).
TIA
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 12:18:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/8/2001 12:12:00 PM EDT by big_guy]
What you are speaking of is known as the "master key".
1. Is this legal? Yes, but it I think it is considered an AOW?
2. Is the mounting hardware available? i.e. field quality stuff that won't fall apart on you. yes, 40mm.simplenet.com/page5.html
3. Is it practical? i.e. weight of shotgun and ammo justified by usefulness of a scattergun in tactical situation. NO
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 12:21:42 PM EDT
Legal: with the proper paperwork and registered weapon it would be. not sure of the specifics
Mounting, yes here, 40mm.simplenet.com/page5.html
Pratical I doubt it, is it cool? OH YEAH!

also TNT armoury makes one, tntarmoury.homestead.com/TNT1.html
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 9:43:43 PM EDT
I see them on subguns.com occasionally.. they are called masterkeys..hehe the are cool but that has to be pretty heavy.. I would mind getting one though.. but it would probably end up like my flare laucher.. in the closet after picture time is over
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 8:32:47 PM EDT
Would it still be considered an AOW if it had an 18" barrel? i.e. if you just took the stock off an 870 or a mossberg and mounted it under your AR-15? Why wouldn't it just be like any other over-under firearm in 2 calibers? What law covers this i.e. AW ban?
Top Top