Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2001 5:54:55 PM EDT
ok what is the real story behind the movie i have heard or read a few so just wondering if anyone has the for almost 100% true story cant be 100% you were not there
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 5:57:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The reality is that the story was probably made up by the propaganda ministry looking to raise morale during the war.  It is doubtful that there was ever an actual sniper battle.  There is no actual evidence from the period to substantiate it.

-Troy

Seen tons of stuff on that and is true. History channel stuff. Wasnt a battle though, just one shot.
GG
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#3]
According to Maj. John Plaster it did in fact occur. He makes note of it in his book, The Ultimate Sniper, as well as having commented on it for a sniper program on the history channel I believe. It was a battle between the two, although the duration of it was greatly exaggerated for the move.  Also the shot the killed Koenig was approximately 450 yards as opposed to up close in the movie. Many people think it is controversial but I think it is pretty well accepted that it did occur. To what extent it went on I don't think anyone is really sure.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 7:20:14 PM EDT
[#4]
And according to what I read,Bill Clinton DID NOT HAVE SEX with ML.
Now find some facts and then bring them here.
JP is a pompous verbacious person who has not had to shoot his "Ultimate Sniper Stock" more than three times with a 5.56.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#5]

pompous verbacious person

WOW!! Talk about a grammatical bitch slap!!!
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:54:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Bullseye JD.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 7:03:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Have you read "Enemy at the gates"?  Kind of dry in some spots, but good history about the Battle for Stalingrad.  

I'm not saying that everything in the book is 100% true, I have no idea, but, the final shot was very similar to the second to last scene, where the political officer stands up to get shot, but in the book he thinks Vasilli(sp?) shot the major. The major shoots political officer giving Vasilli an indication of  the major under a metal sheet.  Zeitsev then puts a bullet though the sheet into the major, battle over.

Also, the girlfriend in the movie did exist.  She was a heck of a sniper also, but unlike in the movie.  She was severely wounded when a "cow"(her words) that was on her team set off a booby trapped mine.  Zeitsev, in real life, thought she was dead, went on with his life and other women, never to know that she survived.  She supposably was horribly heartbroken and lived out her life alone.  So goes the story....?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top