Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2001 7:07:28 AM EDT
it looks like i have dealt with a thief at subguns.  i paid him with a postal MO .  is there a way to recover it just in case?  Does anybody knows about the procedure?  Pls let me know and thanks in advance.  the person i dealt with is in New Hampshire.  Thanks in advance

jaguar
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 7:30:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 7:40:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 7:45:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Go to the Board of Information on subguns and post all facts about the problem. Be sure to post names, emails, and any other info you have. This has helped a lot of buyers as well as sellers in the past get problems cleared up. Post the name of the indiviual or company here so we all can know who it is and avoid them in the future.

Tony G
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys for all the response.  Thats why i liked it here at AR 15.com bec. it's like a family that help each other.  I finally receive the gun that i purchased.  i was really pissed off and will NEVER deal with this guy again.  What happened is that i express mail a copy of my FFL and postal MO to him last week.  he promised that he will send the gun using UPS 2 day service.  Since he receive the money, he never e mail back and did not even confirmed that he receive the PMO and FFL.  I just trrack it down using the tracking no.  He gave me a home phone no. that nobody answers except an ans. machine.  He gave me a work phone no. that you can only leave a voice mail.  i had left numerous messages on his work and home phone no. without any respone and again i e mailed him many times asking him if he already mailed the gun but without any response.  he has my home and work no. so he has no reason not to contact me if he likes to.  Finally he called last wednesday and promised me that he will ship it next day and the delay was that bec. he had a flu.  Yeahhh right!  i accepted the alibi and did not say anything bad to him. Although i know that you only need your fingers to dial a phone and tell me that he might not ship it bec he's sick which to me is ok and acceptable but all i want is to let me know whats going on. He promised me that he will e mail me the tracking no. but again no tracking no, no call, and no gun. I again call his work no and finally talked to an operator and was told that he no longer works ther since last month thats why my blood pressure shoots up and ask you guys re: steps on a possible claim.   with all the horror stories re: thiefs in Dallas, i got scared.  I'm sorry it's false alarm but his business ethics sucks.  I have bought and sold items here ar AR 15 and never had this kind of ( stress )problems.  Do you think i should call or e mail him that i already receive the gun?  Or should i give him a dose of his own medicine?  Sorry it's long i'm just pissed off!  I think we should also have bad guys and not only good guys on the forum list.

Thanks again for all the response.

Jagaur
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 2:30:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top