Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2001 5:21:11 PM EDT
How fast can you put 2 round's in a plate sized target at 50 yards with your semi-automatic (Whatever cal.)? I can't seem to get a quick enough target acquisition, "with the Iron Sight's" on the 1st round, and the 2nd round ussually misses, with my AR15. Anyone know some good technique's for practicing this.

Cause I wanna' bee' a Cowboy Baby!

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#1]
At 50 yards!!!  If you can't put two rapid fire shots in 1" circle then you just aren't trying hard enough boy!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:36:03 PM EDT
[#2]
At 200 yards a good dcm shooter should put all 10 rnds in a 6 inch circle starting standing (Clock starts while standing) going to sitting with a mag change in 60 seconds. and at 300 yards standing to prone in 70 seconds clock starts while standing with a mag change after 2 rounds. I know this is slow compared to a practicle shooter but the ranges are much farther.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Can you help me? What am I doing wrong? Am I letting the muzzle rise to much holding the gun to gently when firing, do I need to man handle it more? I guess I'll get better with practice.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#4]
It's unclear exactly what you're trying to do.  Are you trying to fire two quick shots, offhand, from a ready position?

Use a firm grip on the pistol grip but don't try to "muscle" the rifle with the other hand.  

Think "trigger control".
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Practice!
Then practice some more, and more, and more, you get the point.

You want to shoot at least 100 rounds per outing, preferably more.  I find it easier to use the smaller aperture on the A2 sight.

You may want to start off my using a sand bag in order to get familiar with the sight.  Once you figure it out, it becomes second nature.

I have included pictures of some of my favorite targets.

I have an almost unlimited supply of old computer hardware.  Hard drives are a favorite as well.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#6]
lol damn dude
practice, practice, practice, hell yea that's what I thought.

Use a firm grip on the pistol grip but don't try to "muscle" the rifle with the other hand.

Think "trigger control".
good idea thank's renamed

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:23:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Dry fire practice!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:30:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Jander - I work on the following most everytime I go out to shoot:

Set an IDPA/IPSC shiloutte at each of the following distances -

25 yrd, 50 yrds, 75 yrds, 100 yrds and 200 yrds I generally stagger the targets across the width of the range such that I have a 50 yrd or so swing accross to the next target.

All work is done off hand. I shoot with both eyes open. The weapon is zeroed for 50 yrds. I start at the low ready.

A whole lot of the practice is related to getting a consistant mount and rapid target aquistion. (without firing)

Out to 40 yrd - I can shoot true double taps: BangBang.

50 to 60 yrd Bang_Bang

75 to 100 yrd Bang___Bang

200 Bang______Bang

Even at 200 yrd I am within a 5" circle.

Like they all say - practice is the key
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#9]
My opinion - and as usual it's worth what you paid for it.

I get the impression (from many of the questions you've asked recently) that you are farily new to shooting (at least the AR) - sorry if I'm wrong - no offense intended.

I think you are going about this wrong.

Learn how to shoot accurately, THEN worry about doing it quickly.  Trying to learn how to shoot quickly and accurately will only teach you bad habits.

Spend time first becoming a very accurate shooter, and then slowly increase the speed of your follow-up shot and work your way up. I believe that if you do it that way, it'll be pretty easy to accomplish (but it'll take quite a while, and a lot of effort).

A good example of a similar concept - Biathletes don't learn how to shoot while tired and breathing hard - they learn how to shoot under perfect conditions, and then gradually add the additional challenges of biatlon.

Good luck.

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:51:30 PM EDT
[#10]
cool thanks six
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 5:35:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Jander - I work on the following most everytime I go out to shoot:

Set an IDPA/IPSC shiloutte at each of the following distances -

25 yrd, 50 yrds, 75 yrds, 100 yrds and 200 yrds I generally stagger the targets across the width of the range such that I have a 50 yrd or so swing accross to the next target.

All work is done off hand. I shoot with both eyes open. The weapon is zeroed for 50 yrds. I start at the low ready.

A whole lot of the practice is related to getting a consistant mount and rapid target aquistion. (without firing)

Out to 40 yrd - I can shoot true double taps: BangBang.

50 to 60 yrd Bang_Bang

75 to 100 yrd Bang___Bang

200 Bang______Bang

Even at 200 yrd I am within a 5" circle.

Like they all say - practice is the key

What he said.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 6:05:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Can you help me? What am I doing wrong?...

you need to spend more time on the range and less time posting stupid ass crap.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 7:49:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How fast can you put 2 round's in a plate sized target at 50 yards with your semi-automatic (Whatever cal)

About half a second with my Bushmaster with AK muzzle brake. I know alot of people don't like muzzle brakes but they certainly are useful for rapid firing and staying on target.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top