Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2001 8:45:36 AM EDT
I am looking at buying a NEF handi-rifle in the survial version. It has a synthetic stock, heavy barrel and scope mount. I want the .308. Does anyone have experience with these. Are they as good as the arcticles i've read about them. Any comments, or your experiences is appreciated since i'll be buying it if I don't hear anything bad at 5:00 today.

Thanks.

Guncrazy223
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:12:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an upscale version of the same gun, sold under the Wesson & Harrington brand, and chambered in .45-70. I've been pleased, as it flings a big chunk of lead WAY out there with excellent accuracy. I bought mine new for under $200, and find that to be an unbeatable deal.

Be aware that the trigger guard and the spacer between barrel and frame are both plastic.  These can be replaced at the factory with steel for around $80 bucks, as I recall.

While the gun is at the factory shop, order extra barrels (.223? .270? 7mm-08? 12 ga.?) and have them fitted.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Can you provide an internet link to info on this rifle?  Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top