Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2001 5:04:26 PM EDT
I'm looking for a good quality bipod for my Bushmaster AR-15 and a easy to use bracket that doesn't require modification to install the bipod. I'd prefer something that is easily put on and removed when needed. The harris bipod appears to be the best from what I've read.
If you have time please post what you all think and give me parts numbers if you are able.

Thank you very much !

TBW
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 8:24:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I gotta harris ultra light on my 24" VMatch upper. I had to mount a bipod stud (sling swivel stud) on my handguard for it, but with the ribbed plastic handguard's you don't have to drill. You just have to take off the handguard to mount the bipod stud, then it's easy to take on and off with the hand tightened screw. I like mine, it's easy & quick to adjust the height of it too.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:14:56 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're serious about wanting a bipod, then the Harris is the most serious you can get, IMHO.  Well worth the $.  The model # is dependant on which leg length you think you'll most be benefitted by, & be sure to get the swivel model - a nice feature.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:32:44 AM EDT
[#3]
If you'll be shooting from the bench or prone, get the 6-9" bipod, and you'll need the #5 adapter.  No mods or tools required, although moving the slip ring to remove the handguards takes a bit of "elbow grease".
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Harris Bipod BR model. You will also need the number 5 adaptor.

Try the swivel model first. I didn't like it.

Av.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top