Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2001 11:44:16 AM EDT
Can someone who has one possibly take a picture of or tell me how to install the tension spring that sits inside the trigger and puts tension on to the arm that rotates the cylinder?

I can't figure out how the spring sits in the trigger and my cylinder isn't turning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Libertas an Mortis!
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 12:01:09 PM EDT
[#1]
My scanner is down so I can't post a pic, but I'll try to explain the procedure.

The spring is mounted in the trigger on a pin that passes through the hammer. The hand(arm that moves cylinder) mounts on the trigger with a pin that protrudes from the lower left side of the hand. The hand has a smaller pin that the spring is supposed bear against, and there is a cutout in the side of the trigger for this smaller pin to move in.
The free end of the spring in the trigger must be pushed up past the cutout and held while the hand is installed on the trigger. When you release the spring it should bear on the smaller pin and thus put tension on the hand.
Hope you can make sense of that

Don in Ohio

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:51:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Don, but I can't figure out how the spring FITS into the rear of the trigger.  I have the AGI S&W video but it is of no use because it doesn't show the actual spring placement.  I belive I'll order the Kuhnhausen book and hope that it shows a picture of the spring in position.

If anyone else has that book & could post a photo I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Libertas an Mortis!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#3]
This is for an older K-frame.  I think it’s the same, though.  

Link Posted: 12/7/2001 12:52:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, that's right! Good illustration!

Don in Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top