Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/4/2001 12:00:29 PM EDT
Anyone know about pistols made by EA Witness? I was looking at getting one. It was 10mm 8rnd semiauto for $340.That seemed cheap. Can they hold up to a couple thousand rounds or do they fall apart?
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 12:22:41 PM EDT
EAA is the name of the importer.
Witness is the name of the line of pistols.
Tanfoglio is the name of the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 12:32:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/5/2001 12:24:53 PM EDT by slapshot]
My cousin And I both have a witness. His is the comp-carry in .45, and I have p-s in .40 both have had over 1,000 rounds through them with no problems.

try this www.eaacorp.com
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 1:34:48 PM EDT
Seem to be decent guns for the money. Have noticed a number of IDPA shooters using them in these parts. May require a bit of tinkering to get best functioning but everyone I've talked to seems happy with them.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:12:53 AM EDT
I had a steel-framed 9mm Witness, and I loved it! The grip made it the most comfortable pistol I've ever held. I don't know about the polymer-framed ones, but the steel frame gave mine enough weight to make recoil almost non-existant. It would also feed just about anything, even HPs. You do have to make sure the rails between the frame and slide are lubed, though. The steel-framed guns are a little on the heavy side, but the up-side is that if you have to, you can beat the unholy hell out of whover breaks in, should you run dry. CDNN also has factory hi-cap mags fairly cheap for them, too (for the 9mm, I mean).
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:33:00 AM EDT
I've got a stainless one in 9mm. I love it; as with Zardoz, I've got to say its one of the most comfortable pistols I've ever held; it just seems to fit my hand perfectly. Its based off the CZ75 which is one of the all time great pistol designs. I don't know about the 10mm model though. Unless its been upgraded and built up a bit to handle the increased pressures of the 10mm, I think I'd stick with the 9mm.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:02:13 AM EDT
I don't know at al about the 10mm. But I had a 45 which I used in IPSC. After I got it broke in the first 500 rounds or so never had a peoblem. The first 500 or so it stovepiped every couple of mags or so. Then I put about 5000-6000 rounds through it, never had a burp, a hickup, nothing, it just shot. All in all I was pleased with it. I would still have this gun, but my brother wanted to take a look at it so he bought it from me. I'll get it back some day.
Top Top