Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2001 12:00:29 PM EDT
Anyone know about pistols made by EA Witness? I was looking at getting one. It was 10mm 8rnd semiauto for $340.That seemed cheap. Can they hold up to a couple thousand rounds or do they fall apart?
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#1]
EAA is the name of the importer.
Witness is the name of the line of pistols.
Tanfoglio is the name of the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 12:32:13 PM EDT
[#2]
My cousin And I both have a witness. His is the comp-carry in .45, and I have p-s in .40  both have had over 1,000 rounds through them with no problems.

try this www.eaacorp.com
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Seem to be decent guns for the money.  Have noticed a number of IDPA shooters using them in these parts.  May require a bit of tinkering to get best functioning but everyone I've talked to seems happy with them.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:12:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a steel-framed 9mm Witness, and I loved it! The grip made it the most comfortable pistol I've ever held. I don't know about the polymer-framed ones, but the steel frame gave mine enough weight to make recoil almost non-existant. It would also feed just about anything, even HPs. You do have to make sure the rails between the frame and slide are lubed, though. The steel-framed guns are a little on the heavy side, but the up-side is that if you have to, you can beat the unholy hell out of whover breaks in, should you run dry. CDNN also has factory hi-cap mags fairly cheap for them, too (for the 9mm, I mean).
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:33:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got a stainless one in 9mm.  I love it; as with Zardoz, I've got to say its one of the most comfortable pistols I've ever held; it just seems to fit my hand perfectly.  Its based off the CZ75 which is one of the all time great pistol designs.  I don't know about the 10mm model though.  Unless its been upgraded and built up a bit to handle the increased pressures of the 10mm, I think I'd stick with the 9mm.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:02:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know at al about the 10mm.  But I had a 45 which I used in IPSC. After I got it broke in the first 500 rounds or so never had a peoblem.  The first 500 or so it stovepiped every couple of mags or so.  Then I  put about 5000-6000 rounds through it, never had a burp, a hickup, nothing, it just shot.  All in all I was pleased with it.  I would still have this gun, but my brother wanted to take a look at it so he bought it from me.  I'll get it back some day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top