Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2001 8:54:28 PM EDT
The Beretta 96 fs is an awesome hand gun! I worked perfectly and was very accurate.  Even rapped fire was right on. The .40 cal. has just the right amount of kick to feel good without getting too far off target. I would recommend it to anyone that is looking for a good hard hitting self defense weapon. I would like some feedback about ammo selection from others that have shot this type of gun.  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#1]
For a carry gun, I'd use Winchester 155-grain Silvertip or Federal 155-grain non-hydrashok.  Good balance between expansion and penetration.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:24:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:46:33 AM EDT
[#3]
"Rapped fire?"  Is that what the homies in the 'hood use during a driveby?  
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 6:35:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm glad to hear you like your Model 96.  I just picked one up based solely on the recomendation of my dealer.  I'm going to try to get to the range Friday afternoon.  

Did you notice much muzzle flip?  I'm replacing my G23 and hoping the extra weight of the 96 will make a difference.

Link Posted: 12/13/2001 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Neither one of my 96's is super accurate with 155's or 165's.
I've used both in Federal and my Berettas do NOT like Federal ammo.  One is a Centurion and the other a plain vanilla 96.
I've shot the Remington 155 JHP and was satisfied with the groups and the function of the ammo; besides the fact that INS uses Beretta .40's and this paricular ammunition...
The Remingtn Golden Saber in 165 was OK and a better street choice.
Then I bought some Speer Gold Dot 180's (the weight the caliber was designed to shoot) and the groups shrunk to "gunwriter" level.
It was satisfying to get that group sized down, even though the bullet weight is frowned upon by experts.
Oh, well.  Try the 180-gr. for fun and see what happens.
The Beretta 96 is a great handgun.  Have a blast!
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:33:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#7]
rapped fire is a term used to discribe the controlled fire at a rapid rate I am not part of nor do I support getto punk candy asses shooting while driving in a car as far as I am concerned we should be able to use them as moving targets for fun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top