Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2001 6:50:53 PM EDT
I've got an M4 with a preban Olympic Arms lower rec. I've got probably 20 thirty round USGI mags.

The problem I'm having is that some go into the mag well and "catch" when fully loaded, and some don't. My problem is that I haven't been smart enough to keep track and mark each mag, and they all seem to fit and "catch" just fine when empty. So......

1. Would loading ten rounds in each mag be sufficient to test which ones fit best, since the mag would probably swell at the top anyway? I'd hate to load all 20 mags, and then have fully loaded mags I can't trust.

2. Just install a new mag catch and be done with it? Would that even do the trick?

I'm not quite sure if it's the mag well, the mags being loaded, or the mag catch. Suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#1]
When they are fully loaded, do you give them a good shot to the bottom of the mag to help seat them. If the mags will lock in when empty I don't believe you are having a problem at all.

If you get one that is hard to insert when loaded then lock the carrier back and insert the mag. It probably will lock right into place.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 9:30:01 PM EDT
[#2]
seamusmcoi, have you thought about sending the lower back to Olympic Arms so that they can recut the mag well?
Mine is there right now fo the same problem that you are having, only worse.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 8:43:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn, how anal can you get?
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Damn, how stupid can you get?
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Shut-up and go chew your tobacco you fuckin' hillbilly.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Umm..... OK......

Not a hillbilly, don't chew tobacco.

You are sniveling whino jackass who posts stupid bullshit questions and then hi-jacks other people's legitimate posts to post idiotic drivel in a sad attempt to flame them because you don't like having bullshit called on you for all the pea-brained crap you spew.  I hate you.  I hope you are afflicted with a skin-eating virus and die a slow, horribly painful death and burn in Hell for Eternity.  May you be infected with terminal herpes and have you small penis dissolve before your very eyes before you ever get a chance to pollute the gene pool with your seed.

Have a nice day.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Umm..... OK......

Not a hillbilly, don't chew tobacco.

You are sniveling whino jackass who posts stupid bullshit questions and then hi-jacks other people's legitimate posts to post idiotic drivel in a sad attempt to flame them because you don't like having bullshit called on you for all the pea-brained crap you spew.  I hate you.  I hope you are afflicted with a skin-eating virus and die a slow, horribly painful death and burn in Hell for Eternity.  May you be infected with terminal herpes and have you small penis dissolve before your very eyes before you ever get a chance to pollute the gene pool with your seed.

Have a nice day.

I would like to throw in an AMEN! We all get sick of posting a legitimate question only to have some half-wit throw in a barb for no apparent reason other than inflating their post count.

For the record...Jander, nice use of the F-Bomb. Way to go...who is the F***ing hillbilly again?
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:59:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

This is the shit that gets you flamed dumbass.  I hope I can make this simple enough for your 14-year-old mind to understand:  If you don't want to get flamed, stop asking stupid questions and leave other people's fucking threads alone.  Does that compute you immature shit?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top