Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2001 7:36:01 PM EDT
do you have an AR15? I was wondering about this. you seem to worship the gun yet seem to have very little knowledge about the gun. Im 17 almost 18 and I have a bushmaster AR15. You also consistently misspell common words which makes me doubt your supposed age of 31. You also made a dumbassed remark that someone had to be mad old to have alot of firearms knowledge. Untrue. ive studied guns for the past few years and have more knowledge then alot of people I know. And im only 17.

Since you admitted that you lack knowledge (and sense) in the worls of firearms it would be wise to do a bit of reading and researching. I read endless amounts of books, saw countless amounts of video docs and consulted with dozens of people for 4 YEARS before i even bought my first AR15. Try getting some good firearms books like gun digest 2001 and the gun digest book of assault weapons.

While I LOVE my AR it is VERY important not only to know what the gun is capable of but what its NOT capable of. Worshipping a single gun can be VERY DANGEROUS.

oh and one last thing. drop the cursing. its stupid and immature and takes up space where more useful words could be put. If actually try being nice to people youd be surprised how far you can go.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

oh and one last thing. drop the cursing.

Damn!  I can't fvckin' curse!?

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:12:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh and one last thing. drop the cursing.

Damn!  I can't fvckin' curse!?

No only he can't curse you are OK

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:54:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh c'mon Troy I thought you knew everything

I'm disappointed.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Wolf,

Don't make JarJar100 angry, or he'll kill you with a string off his guitar  
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#6]
NOOOO!  always around this time of year.  First no Santa Clause, now Troy is fallible.  Say it isn't so Troy.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
do you have an AR15? I was wondering about this. you seem to worship the gun yet seem to have very little knowledge about the gun. Im 17 almost 18 and I have a bushmaster AR15. You also consistently misspell common words which makes me doubt your supposed age of 31. You also made a dumbassed remark that someone had to be mad old to have alot of firearms knowledge. Untrue. ive studied guns for the past few years and have more knowledge then alot of people I know. And im only 17.

Since you admitted that you lack knowledge (and sense) in the worls of firearms it would be wise to do a bit of reading and researching. I read endless amounts of books, saw countless amounts of video docs and consulted with dozens of people for 4 YEARS before i even bought my first AR15. Try getting some good firearms books like gun digest 2001 and the gun digest book of assault weapons.

While I LOVE my AR it is VERY important not only to know what the gun is capable of but what its NOT capable of. Worshipping a single gun can be VERY DANGEROUS.

oh and one last thing. drop the cursing. its stupid and immature and takes up space where more useful words could be put. If actually try being nice to people youd be surprised how far you can go.

It's nice to see younger guys here that actually have tact.

I really start to wonder where some of these guys like jander get their info and opinions. Either they read too many fiction books or they simply create exagerated reality to suite their tastes.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 4:20:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I am smackdab in the middle of GenX @ 31 years old but I have some younger friends that I tutor/mentor. Anyone who uses 'mad old' is considerably younger than GenX and probably also used the word 'phat' a couple of years back. This would put them in their mid-late teens.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 4:45:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I hate to admit it, but my first impression of Jandar100 was of one of the kids from the online gaming community. They delight in substituting numbers for letters, use badly mangled hacker slang, and generally make a nuisance of themselves. Usually have massive inferiority complexes and atrocious spelling and grammar. Many of them are also "script kiddies" who create the endless plethora of annoying viruses out there. You know the ones...

"I 4M 4 L337 5H007X0R! MY AR-15 RUL3Z JUO! TEH FAG0R7 5I YU0!"

Anyone who you catch discussing the merits of a weapon they have fired in combat extensively... well, ok, in CounterStrike or Rainbow Six, or Unreal Tournament... they are the ones I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:09:41 AM EDT
[#10]
LOL, he reminds of those gamers that think they know all about the Colt M4 because they use one in Counter-Strike (a game).

Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:27:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
LOL, he reminds of those gamers that think they know all about the Colt M4 because they use one in Counter-Strike (a game).

Well, dude, I don't know about you, but when I was in the Seals back in Nam, we carried the M4 because we could carry anything we wanted.  One reason we picked the M4 was because the 1 in 5" twist would allow us to just barely stabilize the bullets that we used our SOG knives to cut the tips off of, so that when a bad guy would get hit with one, it would, like, blow his whole arm off, and me and my buddies are all "Tango Down! Tango Down!" heh...  but if we didn't cut the tips off, the bullet would bounce off their quilted jackets and they would bayonet you.

Another reason we liked the M4 was because it was self-cleaning, and we could use the A2 buttstock compartment for a bag of harsh Thai weed.

Man, Charlie hated us 'cuz we could shoot his captured ammo out of our M4's due to the oversized chamber.  But we had to be, like really careful 'cuz our spook buddies would leave some VC rounds out as bait that had been filled with C4, and it would most always blow the upper right off the lower, if our chamber wasn't chrome-plated.  But the M4A2 fixed this.  This stone cold killa in my platoon, guy named Duke, personally bitch-slapped McNamara until he authorized the changes.

Indeed, the M4 was the bomb, yo.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:32:07 AM EDT
[#12]
BWHAHAHAHA!!

That's a good one Ken!!

Av.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 8:24:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 9:11:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Damn, this kid is 17? Perfect example of parents taking time with their kids...or just a smart kid. Wolf, you're ok...or, as my generation would have said, "you're boss".
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Dang Ken,,,, so you were that other mud-monkey in the slit-pit with me ! If I would have known that I would have lent you my reproduction Randall made Kabar that time you were pulling all those  7.62 bullets to reload your .50 cal trench sweeper.

You talking about those "seven point six two millimeter full metal jackets" ?  Thanks, but my Cold Steel Combat Tanto that my mom gave me in '71 held up just fine.  That knife, along with my Spyderco Little Bastard(TM) saved my bacon quite a few times, at least that is, until Charlie threw me into the tiger cage.

Luckily my old DI from Parris Island is now head of mall security in my hometown, and he knows I was born again hard, so now I'm kickin' it as a mall ninja.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 11:08:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Oh c'mon Troy I thought you knew everything

I'm disappointed.

I thought at one time someone said "God Troy"
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#17]
NOOOOOOO Jandar... Im the one who says things!

Im gonna tell!!!
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 2:55:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I have just grown up with an interest in firearms and respect for authority. Thankyou for the complements. There is still alot I need to know about different aspects of firearms. but When somone at work needs to know about a certain gun, im the one they talk too.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Wolf,

Don't make JarJar100 angry, or he'll kill you with a string off his guitar  

don't worry. i have chainsaw
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 3:11:57 PM EDT
[#20]
ken_mays

Oh my gawd - LOL
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Kenny-Kenmeister-The Kenster

DOOODe UZ tOaT-leE RockZZZ
Stoopid fLy
You oughta see my friend's Russian made NM AK. It's Stamped "National Match" on the side of the receiver and the barrel has a "NM" stamp. He said his dad took it off a dead Ruskie cmdr in Grenada. It shoots 1 hole groups at 125 meters. It has a 12 inch HVY BBL and folding stock and weighs about 3.25  lbs.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
ANYTIME you enter a new place, it's a good idea to lurk (watch/listen/read and learn from the information that is available to you) before you start asking questions.  In MOST cases, your questions have already been answered, and you can simply learn from that instead of asking someone to type the same thing all over again.

Possibly the WORST thing you can do is to "share" your misconceptions with people, especially when phrased as a fact.

None of us know it all.  We all have plenty to learn, and we all enjoy learning from the wisdom and experience of others.  None of us (okay, okay, FEW of us) have big heads here.  But if you want respect, you have to put in the time FIRST.

-Troy

Troy, asking question gets jobs done, not waiting for thing to occur. Now I know some, but the stuff I learned, I asked questions. Sheesh the dude is new, When I was a newbie I ran my questions, of course, you 50 differnt answers or when the answer is correct you get 50 replys of the same answer. Like one or two wasnt enough. You should give someone the benifit of the doubt and give them respect, its easy to take back. Beleive me, YOU would know if I didnt do it.
GG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top