Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2001 5:56:27 PM EDT
Well they go in with some force, but there is no way in hell to reliably push them into the magazines. Way too much friction, probably due to the lacquer coating.

Has anyone had this problem? Is there an easy fix, other than buying more ammo in brass cases?

If not, where can I get some surplus 62 grain ammo?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone posted about a month ago about Wolf ammo not fitting properly on stripper clips.

Besides Ammoman and Natchez, Buddy at Tapco just posted in the Equipment exchange.  He has British Radway Green ss109 for sale at 39.99 per 150 rounds.  These rounds already come on stripper clips and are in the British 5 pocket bandoleers.

Before you ask, there are several posts in the Ammo forum about the stuff.  Personally if it weren't so much more expensive than regular M193, I'd go with SS109/M855 ammo, but for the plinking I do, M193 is just fine for me.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had 1000 rounds of Barnaul on & off strippers.  Nothing special.  No experience with Wolf.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I put all my Wolf on strippers and have no troubles whatsoever. I suggest trying to use them some more. Good Luck
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 6:50:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Pardon my bias, but I don't think it's good for your firearm in the first place to use steel-case ammo, even if you can work it out.

Does it burn nice and clean?
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I think it was Tajiana(sp) that had trouble with the Wolf ammo and stripper clips.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 3:59:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Steel cased ammo is not the problem, but stell jacketed bullets can increase barrel wear. I would like to see one case that has been documented showing steel cased ammo has worn out a chamber. Lets not keep repeating what everyone else is saying. If the ammo doesn't function in your rifle then don't use it. But to say it is going to hurt your rifle when it won't is kind of silly.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 1:20:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I put a thousand rounds at a time on stripper clips.  They work fine.  Every once in a while I'll get one that's tight, but it's the stripper not the ammo.

I've got a ton of stripper clips, started off with 50 pounds of them brand new from a USMC Auction a while back.  I've had maybe 2% that wouldn't feed up the first time out.  Most of those I was able to fix.  

What's left, I throw at the dog!
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I think it was Tajiana(sp) that had trouble with the Wolf ammo and stripper clips.

I think you mean Tatjana.  I don't think it was her, but I can ask tonight.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:27:03 PM EDT
[#10]
To clarify,

I put 500 rounds of Wolf on stripper clips. It was hard putting them on, but it didn't seem too bad. Just to test it, I tried to push them into the mag. Not going to happen. I tried this with many of the clips, same results.

I will try to open up the clips a little. Also, I will try putting regular brass cases on the clips that give me trouble (all so far). This will help reduce the number of variables.

Thanks for the responses, everyone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top