Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2001 6:51:27 PM EDT
a 1911...i was considering giving it a try...
can i be that overly difficult?
i consider myself good at assembling and disassebling things and im good with a dremel...any good books on the subject?
how about an AR15?

thanks
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 7:58:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Gunsmithing: Pistols and Revolvers by Patrick Sweeney.

Has a large section of do it yourself projects for the 1911's. Also Glock, Beretta, and S@W revolvers. You can find it at Borders Books.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty easy, assuming you start with quality parts to begin with.  However, fitting a match barrel or tuning the trigger can be a little tricky.  

While not a build-it-yourself book, Kuhnhausen’s  “The Colt .45 Automatic, A Shop Manual” has everything you need.

If you make it to the Richmond Gun Show this weekend, check out the Dare Gun Room table (not too far from the entrance).  They sell .45 parts kits.  I think they also have a pamphlet on building a .45.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top