Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2001 10:32:58 AM EDT
be at 100 yard shots, I love yall. When the shit goes down bring those M4 joke jobs to battle, because I always have wanted one of those things. I hope it rains too. I will hit you at 400 yds and he who thinks there are no 400 yd shots, thanks for you gun too. unless it an OLy RR Cav or hesse, then I'll leave it.
GG
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 11:04:09 AM EDT
[#1]
LMAO!!!its true!!!
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't let me catch em in the open with my M-14 anywhere from 0-500 yards.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Have any of you ever been in combat before?
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#4]
That's why God made the  .50BMG
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Up close, hand gun style. How about you Jar head?
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

well i seen a little on TV
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 11:53:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, a little over a decade ago.

But my whole point is that a lot talk about how well some one will shoot and what distances they can achieve hits on another human normally comes from those who have never been hit by that adrelinline and fear rush that makes accurate aimed fire difficult.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Don't let me catch him on the other side of a wall with my Mossberg
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Agreed STLRN but I think we're really just shooting the breeze here anyway. I mean, I don't seriously belive I will see "urban warfare" in the context that is discussed in this thread. The kind of "urban warfare" I'm used to is on the job, and it can be "warfare" with very stirct rules of engagement.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I hurt somebodies feelings once.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 12:13:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Great. Now if SHTF we're going to shoot each other? Great. Just wonderful.

You can come to my house and we'll sit here in the woods, drink beer and wait for them to stop maiming each other.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Name yer poison, CIB.  I'll load up my Jeep and be there before the first of the radioactive fall out hit's the ground.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 3:17:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Well , I may not be a soldier in real life,
BUT  I play one on the internet AND.......
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I Thought we were a team here!  anyone of you can come to Iowa and hold up in the woods with me if the SHTF or we can go to my in-laws in WI (much more defendable) to wait for the idiots to stop killing one an other
john
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
be at 100 yard shots, I love yall. When the shit goes down bring those M4 joke jobs to battle, because I always have wanted one of those things. I hope it rains too. I will hit you at 400 yds and he who thinks there are no 400 yd shots, thanks for you gun too. unless it an OLy RR Cav or hesse, then I'll leave it.
GG

Translation:

My dear brother in arms;

If you believe 100 yards will be the rule rather than the exception in urban warfare, you are in for a shock.  In an all-out war scenario, the M4 will not be up to the task.  In fact, if you believe there are no opportunities in favor of 400 yard shots, I will use the opening to shoot you at that range.  Once you are down, I will take your weapon,  (unless it is  an Oly, RR, Cav, or Hesse) than I may choose to leave it.

Link Posted: 11/24/2001 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Translation:

My dear brother in arms;

If you believe 100 yards will be the rule rather than the exception in urban warfare, you are in for a shock.  In an all-out war scenario, the M4 will not be up to the task.  In fact, if you believe there are no opportunities in favor of 400 yard shots, I will use the opening to shoot you at that range.  Once you are down, I will take your weapon,  (unless it is  an Oly, RR, Cav, or Hesse) than I may choose to leave it.

A better translations would be

1) This is a joke, since a M4 or M16 can still hit and kill beyond 400 m

2) See above posts about assumptions about accuracy in combat.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#18]
No combat here, but I did stay at a Holliday Inn Express last night.
GG
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 4:09:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

GG

Translation:

My dear brother in arms;

Good Work! You have a well mannered way with words. I envy you, for real.
GG
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 4:26:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Have you ever been outside of Texas? If you haven't lived where I'm at now how in the world can you tell me what combat is going to be like here?

When I was living in Washington last year if you could see 150 yards you were either Superman using X-ray vision or you were standing in the middle of the freeway. The trees are so thick that even in built up urban areas shots beyond 100 yards meant that you were walking streets.

Here in LA LA land the buildings are thick as trees and make bad cover but good concealment (see comment above about x-ray vision).

Seeing a solidier wearing camoflauge or even a ghillie, coming at you from anywhere along the compass rose, and using cover at 400 yards is very good feat. You're eyes are amazing!

M-4's are forbidded here but still I don't forsee myself shooting people at 400 yards with my M1A, FAL or M1.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 4:38:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Yea?  How good are you at hitting a man sized target running all out from building to building while taking incoming fire?

I have never been in a battle situation.  But if the time ever does come I am taking my AR15 for two reasons:

1) Familiarity

2) High ammo resupply lines

If I am ever in the situation where my target is 400+ yards away I will either be waiting for a closer shot (if it's an indivual) or running away to fight another day (if it's a team/group).  That's just common sense IMHO.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 4:43:38 PM EDT
[#22]
I want to know WHO everyone is shooting at 500 yards? I like CIB's idea, get a brew and watch the other guys waste each other.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 5:04:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

GG

Translation:

My dear brother in arms;

Good Work! You have a well mannered way with words. I envy you, for real.
GG

Thank you sir, I hope I captured the spirit of your post.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 6:41:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey Q, are you in KMA withdrawal or sumpin'?
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 6:56:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Drinkin' beer, and in between we can lay out a Lazy W around the house.  Anyone got a backhoe?  I'm askin' cause I don't get much done after the third beer, and I don't much care for shovels either.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Phoenix measures 300 yds to the block by my laser rangefinder.600 yds and 900 yds do not appear that far off when considering urban threats.How far is everything out your front door? You gotta know...
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 7:19:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Phoenix measures 300 yds to the block by my laser rangefinder.600 yds and 900 yds do not appear that far off when considering urban threats.How far is everything out your front door? You gotta know...

Well, it's 15 yds to the dog's back, and the garbage can is about 16. I'm too scared to go outside and check anything else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top