Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2001 6:32:43 PM EDT
Hello to all, Happy Thanksgiving! I just put it on layaway, and was wondering what everyones opinion of the weapon is? I have experience with the military one, and wanted my own civillian one. I wish we had Bushy's in the military, although the new FN's are sweet!! Thanks in advance for any replies and info.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#1]
First off, welcome aboard!

I think you will find many herein who are great fans of Bushmaster.  I am certainly one of them.

I have experience only with the A3 Dissipator.  I have had this carbine for going on two years now and can only say that it is a top-notch mil-spec weapon.  In performance and function it is totally reliable.

I can only assume that the M4 is a fine representation of the quality and reliability people expect from Bushmaster.

I do not think you can go wrong in your choice.  

I hope you enjoy it and keep working on that lay-away.

Happy Thanksgiving  
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#2]
 They are perfectly suitable rifles for just about any use that you could dream up for it.
 Bushmaster is held in high regard and rightfully so, they build fine shootin irons.

You can't go wrong with a Bushy, you are definitely on the right track.

Chuck
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:02:57 PM EDT
[#3]
milcop, Welcome to the Madness!!!

I have a Bushy M4, this was my first AR and I think that it is a great gun. I have had absolutely no problems with it. I would definitely recommend this gun, although the LEGP is also a fine weapon.

Jamie

Link Posted: 11/21/2001 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#4]
welcome
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome aboard. You picked two of my favorites, Bushmaster, and M4.

Though I know what you mean about those FN's. I've got a FN preban Gov Profile upper that is sweet. Not the prettiest upper (got a finish like those new in wrap GI mags), but boy that thing can shoot! Looked and shot that way brand new.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 8:37:57 PM EDT
[#6]
You have choosen well grasshopper - an excellent rifle from the best.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 9:34:43 PM EDT
[#7]
My AR is (well started out as) the Bushmaster AK shorty carbine.  I've already removed and replaced the stock with the telestyled one, and as soon as I can find an M4 upper, it's going on there too.  Right now I think the rifle is light.  Suposidly the M4 upper is lighter.  I'll let you know when I finish it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top