Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2001 1:38:05 PM EDT
Just got in from the Dixie Gun & Knife classic.  Well worth the price of admission.

Overall it had a lot more mouse gun stuff than the last time I went.  I'd say about 20% AR stuff, 20% handguns, 20% hunting arms, and the rest your typical assorted jewels and junk.  Its a big show.  I ended-up spending 4 hours wandering the floor.  There was a lot of AR stuff to look at.

I was able to get six 30rnd USGI mags for $65.  Picked up a new ProPoint 5 for $105.  South African 300rnd packs were $43 and change.

7.62x39 was scarce.  Classic Arms was the only shop selling Wolf, and they were charging $110/1000.  Last time I bought this it was $80.  Still a bargain (compared with .223,) so I picked up a case for my AK.  I think Classic Arms was doing a little price gouging.

Other interesting items:

DPMS AR Frankenguns were going for ~$600.

LOTS of PRE-BAN guns everywhere, usually in the $1100-1500 range.  There were more pre-ban AR's than AK's!  Just about as many post-ban.  Oly's & RR's were about $750+, Bushmasters about $850+.

New Thermolds and Orlites were $15-25, USGI 30 rounders were $12.50-20, NIW were $25+.  You could get the clear impression that there is no shortage of high-cap mags out there!

Interesting guns: Yugoslavian SKS were everywhere, blade bayonets and all, for $270.  Also, I hadn't seen those chrome Gibbs Enfields .308 carbines in person, and they were tempting at $270.  Might make a nice extra gun to keep around the cabin.

Keep yer powder dry...

Link Posted: 11/17/2001 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#1]
ARRGGG!!! Damn, I wish that I'd known about the show, 'cuz I'd have driven the 2 1/2 hours to check it out. The shows here in Craven County are tiny.
When is the next big show (can't make it tomorrow due to the last NASCAR race of the season).
And how much is admission?

Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I should have hit Raleigh.......Statesville was a joke..couple of 1100.00 ar,s and a 2800.00
h&k 91............[>Q]
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:18:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I was gonna drive the 2 hours from Wilmington but decided to go to the range instead.  After the Sept. 11 attack I stocked up on ammo via the internet and don't really have the cash to make a gun purchase at the moment.  Was there a lot of people there?
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:57:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Classic Arms was charging $26.00 for 120 rounds of 7.62 at the Winston-Salem gunshow.

Carbine_Man, where do you shoot at?
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 4:24:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm headed there today!

They almost always have a printable dolar off coupon for these shows:

dixiegunandknifeshow.tripod.com/coupon.htm
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 6:36:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I shoot at a friend's lumber mill.  We just plink at 50 yards.  I live in Alamance, and there are no public places to shoot. And I can't afford Durham Rifle and Pistol club, though they have a beautiful facility not far from where I live.

I like plinking though, and even though its only 50 yards, we have a lot of fun.  

The next DG&K show is in January.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I shoot at a friend's lumber mill.  We just plink at 50 yards.  I live in Alamance, and there are no public places to shoot. And I can't afford Durham Rifle and Pistol club, though they have a beautiful facility not far from where I live.

I like plinking though, and even though its only 50 yards, we have a lot of fun.  

The next DG&K show is in January.

I'm a member. It is worth the money. I'm probably going to go shoot at 300 yards tomorrow. There are some real nice people there, great facilities and free targets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top