Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2001 3:49:14 PM EDT
Actually I am NOT sorry. I have taken this gun out 5 times in the last 6 weeks and have had zero malfunctions and am getting 2 inch grps @ 100 yds with a cheap red dot sight. It seems like there are only a very few amount of shooters who keep complaining about "what a piece of crap these guns are" But I beleive the majority of us are satisfied and therefore we don't have any reason to post complaints all the time. So not many AR fans seem to get any positive reveiws posted and I am fixin to change that by saying I love my C-15 amd have shot over 800 rds of the following ammo types: S. African, S&B, Lake Cities M193, Armscorp, Coyote, PMP, PMC, Hornaday, and used Orlite mags and thermold mags and USGI mags and even a 9 rd Bushmaster mag and zero malfunctions. There I said it!! Now you all can flame away and tell me how I am a lier and I am just plain lucky or whatever. John
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#1]
You're just lucky.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

It's always good to know that all the stories you hear don't go for the full line of Carbon rifles.  I certainly like the looks of them.  Maybe someday, if I hear more good stories, I'll have to shell out the dough for one.

Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Really lucky! They're a nice novelity but I've heard way too many horor stories about failures of one kind or another.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you guy's talking about the Peice's from Professional Ordinance Inc.? Is a Bushmaster better?
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 6:32:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm with you, John232!   Mine kicks ass, finally!

Initialy, the thing was a piece of crap, but they've fixed whatever was wrong with them.  I believe the chambers were too tight on initial models, but I dunno.  Since I got it back 3 months ago I've put over 700 rounds through it, mostly UMC, or British SS109, with only 1 FTE, and that was when someone else was shooting it, so I don't count it.  I did find that mine doesn't like orlite mags, but it loves thermolds, so that's what I use.  I've yet to try any USGI mags.  I love my dissipator, and I trust it more, but the Carbon is catching up!
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I kinda like mine. But still I trying go to the range this weekend to test out my mods.  It is not my favorite, yet.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 9:20:54 PM EDT
[#6]
i always heard bad stuff about them. but i picked one up(handled, i mean) at a show and loved how light it was. i also like hte detach stock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top