Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2001 7:30:12 PM EDT
Ran into some people with the Arsenal AK-47 type rifles and shot a few of them. I was impressed, 'specially for the price.
I have seen them for sale at SOG International, but these were the 14.5" barrels with the '74-type muzzle break. The ones I shot were the standard '47 type, except with black polymer stocks.
Does anyone know where I may get one... SOG had the prices listed at $350.

Regards.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:53:59 PM EDT
That's too cheap for any arsenal rifle. They were never that low, and they are certainly not that cheap now. Most Arsenal USA AK variants are $450 - $550.

www.globaltrades.com/ is the website of Arsenal USA, also known as Global Trades... they do the gun shows here in TX, based out of Houston.

Now, Kvar-corp has teamed up with the Bulgarian Arsenal corp, and makes a rifle (bad-ass) called the SA-M7, and is one of the nicest AK's out there today... and this "Arsenal" confuses many people.

Both make very nice AK clones.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:31:30 PM EDT
SOG has some Russian slap-job with a Hesse receiver. The Bulgarian ak's from Arsenal are considerably better. SA-93, SLR-95, SA-M7 are worth the additional $$
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:20:34 AM EDT
Find an SA-M7, if you can. It's the best currently in production. I have an SLR-95, but I bought it in 1996 about a week before Klinton banned them from further import. I paid $279, but the prices doubled right after that.

The Bulgarian AK's are the best, IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 8:15:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/13/2001 8:09:09 AM EDT by AcidGambit]
Thanks for all the info.

The ones listed in the SOG flyer were Izhmash <sic> Arsenal w/ the black polymer stocks. I didn't see those listed at Global Trade.

Thanks again.
Top Top