Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2001 3:46:55 PM EDT
Ok, I just got my accu-wedge, and installed it, but there is a problem.  I know that the wedge goes in the back under the breakdown pin, and when I've installed it, the two halves of the weapon won't go back together....It doesn't close far enough to allow the pin to go back in, any ideas?? HELP!!
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I have always been able to push the halves together.  

How much force have you used trying to press the halves together?  Sometimes the first couple of times requires much more force than usual to get the two halve to meet.

If you cannot close the upper on the lower, shave a little from the bottom of the accu-wedge.

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:01:33 PM EDT
[#2]
A good fitting AR doesn't need an accu-wedge.  They should only be used if there is a ton of play between the upper and lower.

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#3]
accu-wedge made it on the list of "most usless acessories" thread along with pistol grips (w/o stock) for shotguns and hellfire.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:32:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you trying to put the wedge in a RockRiver lower? You have to trim it to get it in a RockRiver.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:33:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Are you trying to put the wedge in a RockRiver lower? You have to trim it to get it in a RockRiver.

Never seen a RockRiver AR that needed one
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I second what 7 said.  Unless there is a LOT of play, ARs don't need them.

An Accu-Wedge does NOT make a rifle more accurate.  By tightening up slop between the receivers, it makes the rifle FEEL better, which increases confidence on the part of the shooter.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:41:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't see how an accu-wedge will hurt anything?  If it doesn't hurt anything, and makes you feel more comfy, then go for it!  I mean, damn...It's only $1.50!

I can't get mine closed either!  hehe....I'll have to shave it down tomorrow!  
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 10:31:45 PM EDT
[#8]
It sure does have a purpose. It keeps that microplay you have in your receiver halves from getting bigger with each shot. You always have to squeeze your halves together, thats how it works.
GG
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 11:18:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok, I shaved the wedge, turned the gun upside down, kneeled on the stock and managed to put the pin back in.  It's in there now, and it's gonna stay there  till I shoot again, cause I don't think its coimg out w/o a TON of work.  Thanks for all the help!
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 11:46:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I forgot to add:  If you DO decide to use one, you might want to grease the rear takedown pin.  The extra pressure will start causing some wear in that area when you move the pin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top