Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/11/2001 6:02:37 PM EDT
My friend Paul and I hosted a shoot this afternoon out in eastern San Diego County. Among the nine participants were two young women who had never fired any kind of firearm before.

We did it right. No alcohol, picked a place where nobody would harass or distract us, and started the newbies out with a Stevens single-shot .22 rifle and lots of close attention from the experienced shooters. Then they graduated to a bolt-action .22, .22 revolvers, and on up the food chain.

By the end of the day we had both of them shooting an SKS and an AR-15. They both liked the AR, and one positively fell in love with it. She kept asking to shoot the AR again and again until the light faded and we had to pack it in. Two gentlemen who had never fired an AR-15 also got their first experience with the Black Rifle.

Everyone in the group was connected with Sparky's, a bar owned by Paul. Sparky's web site is at www.sandiegobar.freeservers.com/. Paul will have some pictures posted there soon. I'll update this thread when they're ready.

Taking neophytes out shooting is our duty. As AR-15 enthusiasts we have an extra responsibility to serve as AR-15 Evangelists. I got to deliver several small speeches about the evils of the Caliban government. The woman who became enamored of my AR was quite dissapointed when I told her there was no way she could obtain one legally.

If it changes just one or two votes, it was worth a whole battle pack of South African surplus ammo!
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:02:13 PM EDT
Great Job!
Keep up the good work
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:08:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:21:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/11/2001 7:15:14 PM EDT by BKVic]
Nice job, but what are you gonna say when they ask where they can buy an AR for their own? [:\]

BKVic
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:26:45 PM EDT
Very cool! My older sister and her friend want me to teach them how to shoot now. I really don't have anything good to teach someone who has never shot anything before. I suppose a Marlin M60 will have to do, need to find a good place to teach them though.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:27:25 PM EDT
i took my gf out today. we shot up an old dehumidifier with a 9mm and my shotgun. she likes the shotgun better since she's not too good of a shot yet...things will change though soon as i get my upper and a red dot or something like that.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:51:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SNIPERm88:
Very cool! My older sister and her friend want me to teach them how to shoot now. I really don't have anything good to teach someone who has never shot anything before. I suppose a Marlin M60 will have to do, need to find a good place to teach them though.

It doesn't matter what type of equipment you have, as long as you teach a non-shooter to shoot, especially the women; you would have done your job.

California_Kid: You did good. One atta boy for you.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:25:07 AM EDT
Takin' one out today! We'll see how it goes!
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:28:24 AM EDT
My buddy and I got his "not anti-, but definately not pro-gun wife" out shooting...she's a changed woman. I have standing offers with two guys at work...if they want to go, I'll provide the weapons, they pay for range time (and if they want to, something towards ammo).

No_Expert
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 6:40:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BKVic:
Nice job, but what are you gonna say when they ask where they can buy an AR for their own? [:\]

BKVic

I told them all to stop voting for clowns!
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 6:50:40 AM EDT
I let every interested party shoot my weapon.

A $5 mag of ammo is a FAR better investment than an NRA donation.

Even if they never buy an AR-15, they have so much fun they realize they aren't an evil weapon.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 1:24:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:47:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:
I let every interested party shoot my weapon.

A $5 mag of ammo is a FAR better investment than an NRA donation.

Even if they never buy an AR-15, they have so much fun they realize they aren't an evil weapon.

Absolutely! Once you let them shoot it you have their attention. They start asking questions and pretty soon they are informed with the FACTS.

Way to go California_Kid, you did GOOD!
Top Top