Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2001 12:31:27 AM EDT
I went up to Dunhams and was looking at thier rifles when I saw it, a very Nice Spanish FR8 in .308 for $169. If you ever get a chance to check out one of these rifle go for it. It is a bolt action .308, Nice wooden stock, Came with a bayonet, Oh yeah I forgot it had a real evil looking HK style flash surpressor. I have wanted a .308 for while and I just could not come up with the funds for a M1A, Any way took it out to shoot a few rounds thru it and it shot about 5 inches high at 100 yards was wondering if anybody knows where I can get a gront sight adjustment tool. Oh just wanted to pass it on,

Six
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet man.  I saw one at Big 5 and the guy behind the counter said it was his.  Went on a search for one in the area and no luck.  Congrats, I think it is a great shooter for the money.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Sixgun357, the rear sight turns so you have different apperatures, or even a (for want of a better word ) buckhorn sight. I got mine with the idea of changing the stock and mounting a scope, changed my mind, the stock is great and I love the sights. I will bend the bolt handle down, and relieve the stock for it, but other than that, I have found my truck gun. BTW stripper clips for the 8mm Kar98 work just fine for the FR8 in .308. Have fun! [smile]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anybody know how to adjust for windage on the FR8.

Six
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 8:07:40 PM EDT
[#4]
The front sight should rotate like the CETME..The post being off center, so as it turns,the post moves left or right.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 12:21:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sweet man.  I saw one at Big 5 and the guy behind the counter said it was his.  Went on a search for one in the area and no luck.  Congrats, I think it is a great shooter for the money.

Ratters - saw one at the Alameda Big5 a month or so ago, was kinda beat-up though or I would have bought it myself .  Have the guy behind the counter check other stores - there still out there...
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 1:23:04 AM EDT
[#6]
What about recoil ? I have an article here showing that the FR8 is a converted Mauser K98 (or one of those postwar productions). They were converted by the Spanish because they had a surplus of K98's and wanted a cheap training/working rifle for their troops and police-units.
Back on the recoil: my dad has a K98 and after 10rds or so I've had it with recoil.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 1:26:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Century has them with cracked stocks for $139.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:11:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I have one also and love shooting it but it does have a healthy kick.
I bought mine this past summer and it looked brand new when I bought it, the wood was in new condition.

Check these out:
www.gunsworld.com/spain/cetmefr8_us.html

www.storm.ca/~debin666/html/the_fr-8_page.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top