Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2001 4:07:30 PM EDT
..to remove the buffer tube by the fitting on the end?
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:13:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, thats all I use... a crescent wrench... pug a mag in and hold the upper/lower in my knees.

Not pretty but in works.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yep, thats all I use... a crescent wrench... pug a mag in and hold the upper/lower in my knees.

Not pretty but in works.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I actually had trouble gettimg mine off, and it started to mar the end a bit.  So I went to Sear and bought one of those new "wrenches" that looks like a long rubber band with a plastic handle (also looks like an oil filter wrench) and it worked like a charm.  It even work tightening the tele style nut with out having to get a tele stock wrench.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#4]
"Strap wrench"  Oil filter type costs about $5, one from a gun stof\re for doing these jobs costs $30.  Same wrench, easy choice.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Norm.  I'm glad someone got what I was saying.  Actually it was on sale at sears.  I got 2 (one larger one and one smaller one) for 20 bucks.  Now if only I had known about this thing when I was installing my shower heads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top