Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/8/2001 2:31:13 AM EDT
So I saw this on their web site in the "whats new" section. I don't know if its available yet but found it kind of interesting though I don't know if i'd buy one or not.

Has anyone see one yet or tested one?

Lets hear your opinions

<­BR>...and, yes, I know some may say its fUGLY!
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:16:12 AM EDT
OK here's the deal. That XD is what use to be a HS2000. This was a very fine weapon. I have one and my take on it is its better than a Glock at half the price. Now along comes Springfield and changes the name from HS2000 to Springfield XD and jacks the price up $150.00 from what I hear.
I got my HS2000 last year and paid about $300 out the door. If I wanted another one though I would still buy it over a Glock.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 5:34:07 AM EDT
I have one. Of course, they misspelled SpringField Armory as HS Arms.

If the new one is identical to the HS (which I'm sure it is), then it is a great pistol. Better fit and feel than a Glock and a better trigger. Once I see them around, I'm going to be mighty tempted to pick one up in a new caliber.

To avoid naming confusions, simply refer to it by its proper name: 'The Croatian Sensation'.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 12:30:52 AM EDT
I read over on hs2000talk.com that dealer cost is $400 and MSRP is $489.95. Springfield just started shipping these to dealers yesterday.

Are the HS2000s even available anymore or are all stocks depleted?
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 12:38:45 AM EDT
I don't give a crap what they stamp on it,it's a great gun.

Buy one,then....buy one more
Top Top