Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2001 5:32:31 AM EDT
My 11 year old son is left handed and I am having a very difficult time teaching him to shoot. Any tips? Also, aside from spent rounds in the teeth, are there any other dangers concerning a left handed person shooting weapons made for right handers? And one more thing... Is there such a thing as a youth 20 gauge made for southpaws...? Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:43:25 AM EDT
[#1]

Also, aside from spent rounds in the teeth, are there any other dangers concerning a left handed person shooting weapons made for right handers?

Huh? I'm as left-handed as they come and the only firearm that's ever done that to me was an M16A1. I shoot a Mini 14, AR15, 10/22, and an Auto 5 Browning, i.e. guns that eject to the right. Haven't been bothered yet. You could buy a left-handed Remington 870 Express and an accessory youth stock from Remington or an Ithaca Model 37 and a spare stock or you could let this be a non-issue. Trust me. I'd be a little careful about buying dedicated left-handed guns. The market is so limited for those things that you really need to be sure you're happy with it. Could be hard to get rid of later. I would highly recommend the Ithaca 37. Loads and ejects through the bottom of the receiver. New ones are high, but good used guns can be had for less than $300 every day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top