Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/7/2001 5:32:31 AM EDT
My 11 year old son is left handed and I am having a very difficult time teaching him to shoot. Any tips? Also, aside from spent rounds in the teeth, are there any other dangers concerning a left handed person shooting weapons made for right handers? And one more thing... Is there such a thing as a youth 20 gauge made for southpaws...? Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 5:43:25 AM EDT

Also, aside from spent rounds in the teeth, are there any other dangers concerning a left handed person shooting weapons made for right handers?

Huh? I'm as left-handed as they come and the only firearm that's ever done that to me was an M16A1. I shoot a Mini 14, AR15, 10/22, and an Auto 5 Browning, i.e. guns that eject to the right. Haven't been bothered yet. You could buy a left-handed Remington 870 Express and an accessory youth stock from Remington or an Ithaca Model 37 and a spare stock or you could let this be a non-issue. Trust me. I'd be a little careful about buying dedicated left-handed guns. The market is so limited for those things that you really need to be sure you're happy with it. Could be hard to get rid of later. I would highly recommend the Ithaca 37. Loads and ejects through the bottom of the receiver. New ones are high, but good used guns can be had for less than $300 every day.
Top Top