Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2001 2:02:40 PM EDT
Just got a Polish M-44. With the bayonet closed it hit 5 1/2 inches left and dead on if high with it extended. Noticed the front sight was peened in place. So, if I remove the bayo I still have  to guess and re-peen right? Also, where do I get scope mounts for this and my Finnish M-39 which shoots 1 inch groups with open sights. I figure that a scope might tighten them a little. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 4:10:17 AM EDT
[#1]
What's wrong with shooting it with the bayo extended?

Scope mounts are available from Tapco and FAC.  Adjustable rear sights are available from www.mojosights.com
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently got my Russian M44 and it does the same thing, they are sighted in that way at the factory.
My only beef with the setup is having the bayo extended defeats the purpose of it being a carbine in the first place. It is a very handy rifle with it folded.
Sorry no answer for you, I am having the same thought and looking for an answer.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#3]
oh wow, I didn't believe it when I read it on www.mosin-nagant.net

The carbine can be fired with the bayonet folded in place or extended, but it is important to note that the M44 was designed to be fired with the bayonet in the extended position. This design fact means when the bayonet is not extended, the point of aim/impact changes.

And my hammer n' sickle one doesn't do anything different either way, I had to try that out first thing when I got the rifle a couple days ago, cause I thought that sounded weird. That and it's my first gun with a BAYONET! yee-uhh.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top