Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2001 3:04:35 AM EDT
I see all the aftermarket barrels out there for the 10-22 and was wondering if you guys that have the Ruger Target model like its accuracy.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 4:29:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the tts model. target barrel with thumbhole stock. It is just as accurate as my other 10/22 with a carbon fiber bull barrel.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 4:34:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's what www.ct-precision.com has to say:

10/22 Gunsmith Notes: Ruger 10/22 barrels are cut with a standard SAAMI .22 reamer which cuts .062" too deep. Production speed machine reaming often leaves burrs in throat and chambers not concentric to bore. Aftermarket barrels have chambers shorter than SAAMI print but seldom short or concentric enough for maximum accuracy. Insert a match bullet into your clean chamber, and if it does not stick, a setback is needed.

CPC designs its own reamers for ideal function and accuracy. Setback is .100" on carbine barrels, bull barrel setback can be twice this amount. An equal length cut is made on the barrel shank that goes into receiver. The shank cut is left at .6873 diameter to fit tighter in the receiver, stabilizing the two parts. A steel spacer is cut and handfitted into the barrel lockdown cut to insure proper retightening. CPC fits a reamer pilot to the exact bore size and hand reams each barrel. Our new chamber throat and crowns are cut concentric to bore within .0002".

Customer results at 50 yards:

• Ruger blue carbine - .40 to .56"

• Ruger stainless carbine - .37 to .56"

• Ruger T bulls - .20 to .43"

Link Posted: 11/3/2001 4:38:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought one several years ago. It is very accurate. I'm not.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 6:49:23 AM EDT
[#4]
A buddy of mine has one in stainless & it shoots great!!

The hammer forged barrel looks nice too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top