Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2001 12:44:55 PM EDT
Ok...here's the deal, i have a 20 inch bushmaster target rifle, with an A2 upper...i would like a flattop now, to mount some optics; can i just swap out the stripped upper reciever?  can i do it myself?  do i need special tools? just some basic questions...i don't really want to buy a complete/barrelled upper reciever, i'd rather just spend the $100 or so on a stripped upper.  thanks for the info
-marty
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#1]
You need a good vise,barrel blocks and the good barrel wrench.
You could also have your upper milled to a flattop.
cpermd
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 10:49:38 PM EDT
[#2]
how much and where do i go to get my upper milled to a flattop?  thanks for the info
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 10:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Bushy and DPMS both have good prices on flat to uppers. I fyou want a std upper that has been milled or your own milled go to Frank white or derrick Martin.
When you do it keep your bolt and barrel as a match set dont intermix them...pat
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#4]
check with Kurt in the industry forums section I think he can mill your upper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top