Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2001 4:48:55 PM EDT
Can I replace the bolt itself, without the carrier? If I replace it, what, if any headspace considerations?I am getting close to 5000 rounds thru my LEGP. I have replaced no parts at all. Should I expect to replace some soon? I clean every range trip-2-300 rnds a trip.
I am not having problems, just looking ahead.
BP
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 5:32:56 PM EDT
[#1]
About the only time I've ever seen bolts replaced is when the firing pin hole becomes elongated(oval), or it brakes in half.
I don't think headspace is a consideration if a "new" bolt goes in an old bbl. it's when used bolts go in used bbl's that it needs to be checked.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. What about other parts? The firing pin ret. pin. The gas rings. Any parts in the fire control group. Is there a suggested TBO(time before overhaul) for certain parts? I want to know when to replace parts BEFORE they break.
BP
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Firing pin needs to be replaced when the tip becomes flattened out.  Other than that get a service rifle spring kit from Wolff and replace all the springs when you feel they need it.  The other parts are very durable and don't really know if there is a "schedule" for replacement.  I'm sure there is for bolt parts like the ejector/extractor.  Shit keep forgetting stuff, usually you'll start getting indications of impending failure, before total failure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top