Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2001 4:27:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, sounds like you are ready to join the liberal media elite with your fine ability to report the devastating abilities of firearms, especially those counter-counter sniper rifles. Let us not forget the super secret shoot-the-hairs-of-a-knat's-a**-at-50-miles Red Ryder BB guns.  I'm putting a flash hider and a bayonet on mine - I'll be unstoppable!!!

Seriously, nice rifles!
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 6:51:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Campy,
  Where did you get the 2 guns? They look great! Also, what are you using for rings on that scope? I have heard that the gun is not the standard weaver rail. Thanks!

-Jared
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#3]
i bought a romanian 1969 a couple weeks ago

mine has a 4x weaver on weaver see thru 22lr rings

its a free floated design and has a good reputation for accuracy

any luck retro fiting a 30 round mag for extreme chipmunk repulsion?

i bought mine to shoot aquila low power loads
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Also, what are you using for rings on that scope? I have heard that the gun is not the standard weaver rail.

After trying to order some special rings from Century Arms, and failing due to their inability to tell what the f*ck they have in stock, I got impatient and D&T'd the receiver for a Ruger 10/22 STANAG rail I had lying around.  Then I just used $7.00 Tasco mil-spec tip-off 1" tactical rings to mount my Bushnell TECMCOS (Tactical Elite Counter-Marksman Compact Optic Sight). It was also sold on the civilian market as the Banner 4x scope, just relabeled and without the mil-dot reticule.

You'll like the Romanian M1969-A1 in 5.58x17.  It's a tack driver.  I did have to tweak my extractor... it was a little too sharp and long and I had troubles chambering ammo from the mag.  A couple licks with a file took care of that.  I also had to refinish that nasty stock.

Link Posted: 11/2/2001 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#6]

on the plus side, the darker one (1972) has apparently low miles. refinished with 7 applications of dark walnut and 3 coats of matte polyurethane...

... painstakingly applied by an epileptic rhesus monkey using a 100-year-old brush.  Some say that they applied it with a hose, thumb held over the end to form a spray.  

so...i was going to test fire this pair tonight, but it was raining pretty hard (and the wife gets irritated if i open the door a stick the bbl. outside!). how are these m-69's shooting at 50 and 100? i'm dying to find out.

I was doing about 1.5" at 100 yards, just farting around.  This was with bulk-pack Winchester.  I might be able to do a little better if I really tried.  Here is a highly classified photo of the heavy-barrel, free-floated, pillar-bedded, tuned and tweaked Tactical Counter-Counter-Sniper System.

Link Posted: 11/3/2001 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Campy you are supposed to be at that other site.
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#9]
"counter-counter-sniping rifle"

Great! now we have to get some couter-counter-counter-sniping guys to counter the counter-counter-sniping that want to try and counter the counters
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#10]

the wood was in the best condition of the 4 i bought. unfortunately, several "hammer damage" gouges conviced me to do a refinish on it.

My wood was OK but the finish looked decidedly crusty.  I've seen smoother finishes on a Krispy Kreme doughnut.

very nice looking example ken. what scope did you put on yours?

Bushnell Banner 4x.  Just happened to have one lying around.  

Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Ken,
  Can you get a decent cheek weld with the scope on the gun? I heard some of the mounts put them up kind of high... Thanks.

-Jared
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 8:50:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I had troubles chambering ammo from the mag

How did you fix this? Mine has problems with the first round sometimes and always the last round. Took it apart and checked out the angles, seemed the mag well was a bit bent so bent it back and it started picking up the first round sometimes.  I've used different magazines that work with other guys 69's so its not the mags. TIA.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 9:40:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I prefer my East Block giant killers to be from Poland where the eyesight is so good that 1,000 yard targets are felled at will without optics.

Tell me more about this magazine concept in your cannons.

Link Posted: 11/6/2001 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:Ken,
  Can you get a decent cheek weld with the scope on the gun? I heard some of the mounts put them up kind of high... Thanks.

-Jared

Yes, it isn't a problem for me, but then I just used a tip-off rail and some low rings.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 9:55:04 AM EDT
[#15]

How did you fix this? Mine has problems with the first round sometimes and always the last round. Took it apart and checked out the angles, seemed the mag well was a bit bent so bent it back and it started picking up the first round sometimes.  I've used different magazines that work with other guys 69's so its not the mags. TIA.

I found that the round was having trouble coming up into the bolt face.  The extractor hook stuck out too far, so it prevented the round from sliding smoothly up.  I could chamber it OK if I wiggled the bolt a little bit.

I filed the end of the extractor hook until a round had no resistance to sliding into the bolt face.  This fixed my feeding problem, but I still have some ejection problems.  The case will extract from the chamber but won't always kick out of the action.  I suspect the extractor is still out of spec.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 10:43:06 AM EDT
[#16]
I got myself one, and I have been thinking of getting a other one. They are cheap to shoot, and you can get some decent shots out at 50/100 yards.
I did get some cheap rings with it, need to get new ones, those sucked. Scope kept on comming off.  
I did add a rubber slip on recoil pad on there, to give it more pull. Also thinking about how to make the trigger lighter too.
any ideas?
I buy it again for the price I paid.
c-rock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top