Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2001 8:25:02 AM EDT
1. how long (in inches) is it when fully CLOSED
2. can I put one on a post ban & WELD IN the position that I want?  (the A2 stock is a 'lil too long for me)
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#1]
1. Never measured mine, believe it is close to  6".

2. Plastic or aluminum collapsable stocks do not respond well to standard welding, (there was thread here on just that question, use search). You could purchase an old A1 type stock for about the cost of the collapsable one and they are shorter than the A2 stocks by 1" or more.

Mike
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#2]
the reason I asked about the (fully closed)length was because, the LE Entry Tactical Buttstock Kit by Rock River Arms (RRA) is supposed to be just a lil longer then a collasable FULLY CLOSED (they didn't have the exact measurements).  the RRA unit is NOT collapsable and is MUCH SHORTER then a full stock.  if I bought this stock & put a recoil pad on it, it may just be the PERFECT length for me.  A1 stock, I believe will still be too long for me.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/rifles/Stocks_Handguards.htm

otherwise the only other solution is to go ahead & get the collapsable & weld it in place.  don't wanna go this route though, as it may still pose problems w/ATF...

ummm can u please measure yours?  thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 10:08:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Be happy to, check back in the morning.

Mike
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine has the rubber butt pad and it's 7" when fully closed.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 2:58:37 PM EDT
[#5]
www.rockriverarms.com/rifles/Stocks_Handguards.htm

link edit for ya (and post padder )
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a RRA collapsable it's 7 1/2" when closed.  I believe the A1 is 5/8" shorter than the A2.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 3:07:52 AM EDT
[#7]
ttman:
Measured my high tech plastic collapsable stock w/ butt pad, 7 3/8" w/ pad and 6 3/4" without.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 4:43:44 AM EDT
[#8]
alright!  thanks for all the replies, so it's safe to say the collapsable fully closed is close to 7".  if the RRA unit is just a 'lil longer than that, it might just be perfect w/o a recoil pad...  now if they could just get some in...  (been waiting a month now)...  thinking happy thoughts =)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top