Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2001 1:10:26 PM EDT
All things considered:

Accuracy
Parts
Cost of mags
Sights (I intend to shoot this with iron sights)
Weight

My understanding is that most DSA shoot 1.5 -2.5 MOA is this correct? Are there better built FAL's for about the same $$?

How accurate would a CMP M14 be? How much $ would have to go into it to bring it back to top shape - (not match) field.

Is a polytech M14 any good?

Over all - M14 or FAL?

(No I am not thinking about match applications)
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Best place for this info is www.gunandknife.com in the M14 forum.

The Chinese M14s have a loyal following among their owners.

Plan to spend $35 each for magazines.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 2:27:26 PM EDT
[#2]
If I was to listen to my heart I'd buy an M1A. but my mind tells me to go with the FAL. Mags are cheaper, and to me that's the most important factor. Spare parts abound for both, but the FAL may have the advantage here too. Both of them are more than accurate enough to hit a person at any range you're shooting from, and both of them are so close to jam-proof it's not funny. The only mark against the FAL is its refusal to shoot CAVIM ammo, but since that's not the least expensive stuff any more it shouldn't be that much of a problem. It is for me because I have 2K rounds of it, and my M1A loves it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought this particular horse had long since been beaten to death.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top