Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2001 9:33:54 AM EDT
any suggestions. personally I like the larger caliber of the 96 (most of my pistols are in 40). but I like the high cap capability of the 92 if you can get the clips, any suggestions.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I myself like the Beretta 96 Brigadier Inox. Heavier slide and removeable front sight.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#3]
ah1z:

I have both.  For your information the 96 cannot be converted to a 92 (9mm).  There are differences in the frame that prevent this.  Should you alter the frame & its components to accomplish this swap; I don't want to be standing next to you at the range.

I like shooting both these pistols.  The fit my hand and are accurate.  I have had the triggers smoothed by a 'smith and this contributes to greater control.  The .40 barks more and has more recoil but has more down range energy.  They are big pistols and not really suited to concealed carry.  The LE mags for the 96 hold eleven rounds versus ten for mere mortals.  A small gain there, but the 9mm military/high cap holds fifteen.

It really comes down to what do want to do with it.  200 rounds of .40 at the range gets tiring and the 9mm does too but to a lessor degree.

HTH....Geno
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 6:54:54 PM EDT
[#5]
GETTA BERETTA

www.beretta-forum.com/

All of your questions can be answered at the BerettaForum.com

I prefer the 96.
If you have .40 pistols already, well...

I, too, would like a 92 someday, only I'd like the Inox Compact version.  Then again, a 96 might be the ticket based on the fact I have .40's already.
Such a dilemma!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top