Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2001 5:35:16 PM EDT
I went to the Bob Pope gun show at the I-24 Expo in Smyrna today. I ran into a guy selling a 9mm Micro Uzi pistol. He was asking $1200 for the pistol, carry case, and two 25rd mags. The pistol looked new and hardly fired. He said it was a pre ban and he couldn't take any less than $1200. I've been wanting one of these for awhile now but I have never seen one in person before at any gunshow. I had just walked in the door when I met him so I bought it. As I was walking around I saw a table with 2 for sell. One was $999 and the other was $1400. The $1400 dollar one had an extra bolt and barrel for 45 caliber. The trigger guard on both of those were shapped different than mine. It was pointed and mine is more rounded, identical to the trigger guard on my pre ban full size Uzi. I was wondering did I get screwed on the pistol when I saw the one for $999 or was it a post ban? What is the difference between the post ban and pre ban Uzi pistol? Can you tell by the different trigger guards? Is the pointed one post ban and the rounded one pre ban? What is the going rate for a pre ban Uzi pistol? Could someone help me out? I hope I didn't get screwed. But if I did it wouldn't be the first time...LOL
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#1]
The difference is there is no post ban UZI pistol
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 6:55:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 7:05:22 PM EDT
[#3]
No such thing as a post ban Uzi pistol.  Good find though.  I want one of those, but have never seen one when I have the cash.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Well thanks guys for clearing that up for me. I guess I did over pay for it by $200. Oh well, next time I wont be so quick to jump on a deal without shopping around. But I have to admit, I put over 100 rds through it this afternoon and I LOVE IT. It's an awsome weapon.

Also I saw a pretty cool Nickle plated Desert Eagle 50 cal for $1200. It was a beautiful gun but I heard that the 50 cals were pretty uncomfortable to shoot. Takes the fun right out of it. Maybe I can order me one in 44 magnum.

Thanks again for helping me out guys. Oh by the way, is the different trigger guards just a change in style? Are the rounded trigger guards the original style?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top