Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2001 1:51:13 PM EDT
Oh man...
First I run across an unfitted Govt. Issue Nationial Match 1911 barrel, and now THIS?!?!

Man I hate being broke [>(][>(]

www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?ItemNum=1961296

{Edited to add- Yes, I hate 1911's. But I own 3, and realize that they are best suited for (Target Guns only) I'm not so stupid to try and justify them as being remotley on par with a Glock 20 }
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 2:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Darn McCarrot I was going to jump all over you for even thinking about a 1911 when we all know the Glock 20 is the finest firearm on the planet.

I've got another week to wait before the state gives me permission to obtain another pistol here. The Glock 20 is on the top of the list now.

Did you see the Gyrojet spead in the NRA magazine this month?
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#3]

"Yes, I hate 1911's. But I own 3"

Come on out of the closet Landon.......it'll feel good.......you know it.................
.........you're a 1911 ADDICT !
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
... I'm not so stupid to try and justify them as being remotley on par with a Glock 20 }

No, McUzi, you are!
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Paul) I'm getting a copy soon.
Small Arms Review will feature pics of teh mint-in-box Gyrojet I sold to another AR15.com'er in a feature article by Monty Mendenhall soon as well.

SGB) Yes, I must admit. I like them for what they are. I have 3 unfitted US Mil Drake Nationial Match slides coming my way via trade with an AR15.com'er- I'll be building them up on barstock Caspian frames once I can afford it.
(I may go cast frame, but they are the absolute best slides ever made, so I want to use teh best frames)

I like fitting and building them the best.
There is nothing more satisfying than printing tiny groups with a gun you built
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 2:15:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No doubt the Glock is a fine pistol.  Wonder if it will still be carried and used for nearly 100 years, and still be considered one of the front-runners, if not THE Front-Runner?
Interesting how a pistol that is dumbed-down to mimic a DA revolver, and is so marketed to LEOs, is considered an advance in the Art of the Pistolero.
The 1911 and near clones are still state of the art, and preferred by cognoscenti.
Those of you who only train to DA pistol standards are well suited to your Glocks.
Let's hear it for the SOF types that have adopted the KB-prone Glock (0), as opposed to all the others who have adopted 1911 adaptations (ALL).
'Nuff said.

Flame on.  

RAF) Again. Idealism is clouding reality for you.
Name me, oh, say, 3 organazations outside of the United States that still uses 1911's.
The 1911 is the darling of America, so that's what people here use. They are reactionary as hell. If they were as grand as 1911 folk claim as a combat arm, they would be in use everywhere.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey McCarrot, now that you mention it, there is a big thread going about those type of 1911's and rocket pistols too over in the members forum.
Why not stop by and ta......oh, sorry, never mind.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hey McCarrot, now that you mention it, there is a big thread going about those type of 1911's and rocket pistols too over in the members forum.
Why not stop by and ta......oh, sorry, never mind.

........Bad, bad SPECTRE........ROFLMAO......

Link Posted: 10/27/2001 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 2:28:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
RAF) Again. Idealism is clouding reality for you.
Name me, oh, say, 3 organazations outside of the United States that still uses 1911's.
The 1911 is the darling of America, so that's what people here use. They are reactionary as hell. If they were as grand as 1911 folk claim as a combat arm, they would be in use everywhere.

Ya gotta give those other countries time.
Be patient with them.  If us Yanks keep setting the right example, they will follow.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Don't know of any SOF types outside the US that use Glocks, either.

RAF, i'll give you 3 hours to do some research, and ammend this statement.
If not, i'll be glad to feed you crow.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 2:38:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 7:08:15 AM EDT
[#13]
All I'm gonna say is HK's beat them both.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:00:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Ok Ok, Lets all admit that all the guns mentioned have there plus and mineses I have yet to see the perfect gun, I own at least one of all the guns metioned (more Glocks than anything)I would not feel underarmed with any of them. If I had too choose one gun I'd go nut's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top