Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2001 12:08:33 PM EDT
...getting the damned handguards off and on a relatively new Bushmaster Dissipator?

My issue M16 is so much easier because it has been around the block a few more times than my bushy.  However, I have found no technique or device which allows me to easily remove and put these handguards back on (except having two other guys help me).  

Link Posted: 10/26/2001 12:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I doubt that is anything specific to the dissipator....  I need the wifes help with at least two of my uppers!  

Hey, at least they don't rattle, right?
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 12:14:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Your wife must be pretty tough!  Whenever mine tries to help, it seems that she does more harm than good (i.e. inadvertently scratching the hell out of me).

I wish someone would invent something to fix this probelm.  At this point, the only way to do it is to put some ass into it and knuckle down.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, to be honest I hold down the delta ring and she pops off the handguards....  She has been known to scratch me upon occasion, but I like that!
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 12:19:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 12:19:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually, quite a few people have invented their own tools to pull back the handguard slip ring (including me, although I never actually got around to making it).

One guy, however, went further; he makes and sells a design of his own to forum members. I forget who it was, but I'm sure someone who has one will tell you.

Yeah, what Kevin just posted as I was typing this.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#6]
WOW- that is so simple that it looks like it would work!  
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 12:47:31 PM EDT
[#7]
This is why I built my second lower to be a free-floater... screws right off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top