Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2001 3:05:46 AM EDT
From my buddy at Concealcarry, Inc.

www.sierratimes.com/archive/files/oct/24/arcc102401.htm

Easy Access to .50 Cal Rifles Due to New Initiaive Sierra Times 10.24.01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oak Brook, Illinois, October 23, 2001 - In light of threats to ban .50 caliber rifles expressed by US Congressman Rod Blagojevich, Concealed Carry, Inc. announced Tuesday that it would serve as the transferring dealer, at no cost, for any citizen wishing to bring a 50 caliber Rifle into Illinois.

"First it was the so-called assault weapons, then 'pocket rockets' and now 50 caliber rifles that Blagojevich is intent on banning. It's clear his agenda is to ban guns one class at a time until there are no guns left." said Concealed Carry, Inc. President, John Birch.

"Our response is simple, anyone transferring a 50 caliber rifle into Illinois may use Concealed Carry, Inc. as the transferring dealer at no charge," Birch continued, "Typically the charge to transfer a rifle is 10% of the purchase price. In the case of a 50 caliber that adds up to $500. $500 that can be used help defeat Blagojevich in his bid for governor."

When asked if .50 Caliber rifles represented a threat to society, Birch simply scoffed. "If Blagojevich thinks a .50 Caliber can stop a tank, I'll loan him one and he can stand in front of an M1 Abrams and see what happens. It won't be pretty when that tank turns him into a grease spot. Blagojevich is simply using the deaths of innocents on 9-11 as an excuse to further his radical gun control agenda."

Birch concluded, "Blagojevich has never served a day in uniform and has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to guns. The constant theme Blagojevich keeps coming back to is that these guns could be used to assassinate political figures. Well so can a truck bomb, Boeing 757 or anthrax in the mail. The common man is more worried about his personal safety than some political hacks. Politicians like Blagojevich seem bent on disarming citizens while surrounding themselves with bullet proof limousines and heavily armed personal protection details. Mr. Blagojevich's hypocrisy is transparent and this man is not fit for public office."

Concealed Carry, Inc. will transfer 50 caliber rifles at no charge for as long as the law allows. The only requirement is that the citizen possesses a valid Firearm Owner's ID card and passes the Illinois State Police check.

Don't pay attention to the 'transfer' cost as it is just BS War of words to really get Bag-o-bitch riled up.  Makes it more dramtic.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:47:36 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT

For those of you Not in IL Rod is running for Governor here.  For the rest of the country that may not be so bad as they could get him out of Congress, but for us in IL it would probably drive us closer to California style bans.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:52:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:24:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Castle Arms's in Quincy will follow this lead -- no transfer fee on 50's.

Now, if a few other dealers in the southern and eastern regions of the state will do likewise, we'll have all of the bases covered!
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 5:09:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I just wanted to say for the IL members that John had ran for the ISRA board of directors and was basically trounced by the Illinois Shooter newspaper by the ISRA.  Even on this board people said that all he cared about was CCW.  Does any one here doubt his commitment to ALL firearms and freedom?  I sure don't!  I feel better knowing he is in my corner.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I like John too, but the ISRA is made up of OLD, OLD FOLKS!  Bench Shooters, and hunter types.  
I went to one of the grassroots meetings, and I at 29 was the youngest person there.
c-rock
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:15:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Birch is pretty hardcore, he handled my first rifle transfer.  He devotes a lot of time for his group, in spite of the lack of ISRA support.

I think if Blageovich won the governship it would be a death knell for CCW, .50cal, "pocket rockets", possibly more assault weapons.  

I don't know Corrine Wood or Jim Ryan's stances, but at least they aren't trying to make gun control a priority or an issue.  So as long as Lee Daniels holds the senate things should be ok.

At least I hope.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top