Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Fabian:
Well after seeing a XCR on YouTube then coming across this topic, looks like I am going to sell my SCAR 16 and order the XCR-L 7.5" 300blk. Figure this would be a better option for my collecting rather than another basic AR-15 300blk.
View Quote

That's a good swap. SCARs are fine, but I think the XCR is a better rifle.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By lew:

View Quote

Oof...

They're both good rifles but the SCAR has way more testing and pedigree behind it than the XCR.  Also, the chance of FN going out of business is slim to none.

Still, having said that, the XCR is a capable rifle.  I would try and keep the scar and get an XCR to run in addition to.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

Oof...

They're both good rifles but the SCAR has way more testing and pedigree behind it than the XCR.  Also, the chance of FN going out of business is slim to none.

Still, having said that, the XCR is a capable rifle.  I would try and keep the scar and get an XCR to run in addition to.
View Quote

I could keep the SCAR 16, but I feel like with my ADM 11.5 SBR and KAC SR-15 16"  have 223/556 rifles covered.

I just feel like I need a 300blk suppressed SBR to plink with since everyone says they are the quietest shooting.

I agree FN will never go out of business as compared to a small business.. Too many decisions lol ugh
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:57:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lew] [#4]

Oof...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Oof...

How easy is it to get spares for the SCAR? FN's CS is a joke. FN also has the unenviable track record of dropping models whenever they see fit. Now, that applies mostly to their pistols, but I would exercise some caution.

Again, I'm not knocking the SCAR.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:03:37 PM EDT
[#5]

How easy is it to get spares for the SCAR? FN's CS is a joke. FN also has the unenviable track record of dropping models whenever they see fit. Now, that applies mostly to their pistols, but I would exercise some caution.

View Quote

You are absolutely not wrong lol.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:10:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RABIDFOX50] [#6]

View Quote

I was able to purchase just about every essential part for my SCAR16 with the exception of the bolt and carrier. Those are f’ing expensive!
Same goes for my FN 509T. Parts are plentiful and I’ve thought ahead and purchased spares with no issues.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Oof...

View Quote

Also I feel like I would be better off getting a SCAR 17 or 20. The 16 just seems lackluster..
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Oof...

View Quote
The XCR has had more than sufficient testing to prove its worth.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Funny thing about big companies going out of business.  In the time that Robinson has been around, how many Big gun makers have come and gone? Remington,  Colt, Bushmaster.....
Not to mention,  Alex is independently wealthy. I think they'll be just fine
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 12:56:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Fabian:

Also I feel like I would be better off getting a SCAR 17 or 20. The 16 just seems lackluster..
View Quote

Like like both the 16 and 17. It’s really a “to each his own” thing. Totally personal preference. If I had to choose, I’d pick my 16 over my best AR.

I was always interested in the XCR and I have shot it a few times in 5.56/ 16” barrel. I liked it but never got around to buying one. I’d like to buy one now or in the near future.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Rigian:
The XCR has had more than sufficient testing to prove its worth.
View Quote

Worth is relative to the individual.

Some people take great stock in weapons being developed for a military tender.

The XCR was developed for a military tender but was never put through the same rigors that FN put their design through.

Whether that is worth something to you is well, up to you.

It is an indisputable fact that the SCAR has had more testing than the XCR.  Once again, whether or not that matters is up to the buyer.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Oof...

View All Quotes

Oof...

People have been saying this about the XCR [not tested enough] and Robinson Armament [small company will fail sooner than later] for a long time.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 1:07:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SperlingPE:

People have been saying this about the XCR [not tested enough] and Robinson Armament [small company will fail sooner than later] for a long time.
View Quote
Over and over and over.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 5:52:05 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

People might be saying that.  I'm not one of them.

I'm merely pointing out some facts in regard to the former, not really the latter.

Rob Arms has been around for a while and more than likely they're not going anywhere.  Having said that, FN has been around a lot longer and are more than likely REALLY not going anywhere.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd love to own one.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 5:52:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rigian] [#16]
Originally Posted By eracer:
I'd love to own one.
View Quote
Actually I just saw that they have two available right now on their website ready to ship (pretty rare). (sold already) Both are really nice but neither are exactly what I want. The 9.5 inch OD Green .308 pistol is pretty tempting though.

https://robinsonarmament.com/product-category/in-stock/

Link Posted: 10/6/2021 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I like the OD green! Too bad its not 7.5" 300blk
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 6:02:32 PM EDT
[#18]
they both sold earlier today
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 6:09:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:
they both sold earlier today
View Quote
Of course they did. Man, if I wasnt stuck to only buying guns that serve a specific purpose I would have tried to snag that OD green .308. Absolutely sick looking.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 10:39:20 PM EDT
[#20]
If any of you guys are having trouble getting an xcr and wouldn't mind an earlier gen version, I've been considering selling mine.  Message me if you want to talk details
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 8:43:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ABElisch] [#21]
Finally!  Got word today my 16”, 7.62x39 FDE XCR-L will ship late next week.  FWIW, that will put it at just shy of 8 months from order to FFL.    Have been accumulating ammo during the wait.

Looking forward to building some proficiency w it.

ABE
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 11:41:15 PM EDT
[#22]

I'm merely pointing out some facts in regard to the former, not really the latter.

Rob Arms has been around for a while and more than likely they're not going anywhere.  Having said that, FN has been around a lot longer and are more than likely REALLY not going anywhere.
View All Quotes

So why not just say that?
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 11:54:35 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't know the exact dates but hasn't Robinson been selling guns here longer than FN America has existed?
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 2:41:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ABElisch:
Finally!  Got word today my 16”, 7.62x39 FDE XCR-L will ship late next week.  FWIW, that will put it at just shy of 8 months from order to FFL.
View Quote

Same here. Got contacted for payment today, ordered 2/23. Our long wait is nearly over!

Now I can turn all my impatience towards that Sig 551 I have ordered, lol.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 2:49:01 AM EDT
[#25]

So why not just say that?
View Quote

I did say exactly that.  I'm not sure where the miscommunication lies.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By akumadiavolo:

Same here. Got contacted for payment today, ordered 2/23. Our long wait is nearly over!

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ABElisch:
Finally!  Got word today my 16”, 7.62x39 FDE XCR-L will ship late next week.  FWIW, that will put it at just shy of 8 months from order to FFL.

1/15 for me.... looks like you guys were holding me up!
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 9:48:09 PM EDT
[#27]
I ordered a 7.62x39 in late February and just reached out to them yesterday. They said the barrel was still the holdup and we're going to let me know what was going on with it.

I'm hoping mine will be shipped soon.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 10:23:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By NY_crawler:
I ordered a 7.62x39 in late February and just reached out to them yesterday. They said the barrel was still the holdup and we're going to let me know what was going on with it.

View Quote
They don't do the barrels in house do they? Who does the barrels for them?
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 7:46:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NY_crawler] [#29]
View All Quotes

From my email with them in July it sounds like they make the barrels in house but they said they had to send it out for chrome. They said that it usually takes 3 weeks for chrome, so it would be about 4 weeks until it would ship.

I was expecting a late August ship date but held off until the other day to follow up to see where it is at. They are still saying the barrel is the hold up.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#30]
From my email with them in July it sounds like they make the barrels in house but they said they had to send it out for chrome. They said that it usually takes 3 weeks for chrome, so it would be about 4 weeks until it would ship.

I was expecting a late August ship date but held off until the other day to follow up to see where it is at. They are still saying the barrel is the hold up.
View Quote

that is correct, and they do them in batches.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#31]
My 7.62x39 XCR is now waiting for me at my LGS!  Delivery was a few days over 8 months from ordering.  Unfortunately it will be a week before I get back in country.  Am also still waiting for the spare 5.56 mm barrel.  

Gives me time to figure out how to post pictures after I get back from eating Indian tonight here in the South of England.

ABE
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#32]

Oof...

View Quote

Dude, I bought my XCR in 2005 or 6.... and they had been around for longer than that. You have a better chance of an import ban killing parts availability of competing rifles than Robinson going under.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#33]
To RobArm’s credit, they actually have parts available- at least they shipped my XCR with the 23 spare parts I ordered at the same time.  

In contrast, and as much as I love my CZ’s, CZ-USA is struggling to stock parts.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Going to pull the trigger on an 11” 5.56.  Any thoughts on what barrel twist to go with?
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 9:44:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#35]
Originally Posted By xd45c:
Going to pull the trigger on an 11" 5.56.  Any thoughts on what barrel twist to go with?
View Quote

@xd45c

They show a 5.56 chamber on their site but they actually use a .223 Wylde (or perhaps their version) chamber. It's misleading and they should clarify/correct it.

I originally went with 1:7 thinking it was a 5.56, then found out the above and changed to a 1:8 for my 11" barrel.

Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:

@xd45c

They show a 5.56 chamber on their site but they actually use a .223 Wylde (or perhaps their version) chamber. It's misleading and they should clarify/correct it.

I originally went with 1:7 thinking it was a 5.56, then found out the above and changed to a 1:8 for my 11" barrel.

View Quote

Appreciate it.  1:8 is actually what I had in the cart too so you twist my leg enough, order placed
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:31:56 PM EDT
[#37]

Appreciate it.  1:8 is actually what I had in the cart too so you twist my leg enough, order placed
View All Quotes

@xd45c

Right on

And now.... You wait.

Link Posted: 11/18/2021 10:58:18 PM EDT
[#38]

Right on

And now.... You wait.

View Quote

Yeah I’m well versed in that from the NFA game.  They quoted “3+ months” when I asked, I’m setting my hopes on 6-7 months, any ideas what they are actually running at?  I think I have 2 cans that should be back in 6 months, maybe they’ll all be in my hands at the same time

Figured now is a good time to order, don’t get out shooting much in the winter so no real time lost there.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 3:31:34 AM EDT
[#39]

Yeah I’m well versed in that from the NFA game.  They quoted “3+ months” when I asked, I’m setting my hopes on 6-7 months, any ideas what they are actually running at?  I think I have 2 cans that should be back in 6 months, maybe they’ll all be in my hands at the same time

Figured now is a good time to order, don’t get out shooting much in the winter so no real time lost there.
View Quote

I will be at nine months and counting on Monday.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 12:11:31 PM EDT
[#40]

I will be at nine months and counting on Monday.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/19/2021 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#41]

I concur. And honestly the entire process has been a shit show. When I ordered I was quoted 5 months. At the 6 month mark I emailed and asked what was up. They said it was a few weeks away. They missed that target, and another and another. At no point have they reached out to me pre-emptively to explain anything. I always have to email them and ask what is going on when they miss the target. They say they don't take you money until it's a week away from shipping. They took my money 6 weeks ago saying it would ship in a week. Still nothing. I have to keep emailing and asking what is going on and keep getting different reasons for delays. I have also had to email them multiple times in a row to get a response a few times now. I am currently sitting on a "we don't know why it's being delayed, I will try to find out" email from today. It's pretty infuriating and at this point I am regretting not just buying one off the shelf from one of their authorized dealers when I had the opportunity.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:24:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xd45c] [#42]

I concur. And honestly the entire process has been a shit show. When I ordered I was quoted 5 months. At the 6 month mark I emailed and asked what was up. They said it was a few weeks away. They missed that target, and another and another. At no point have they reached out to me pre-emptively to explain anything. I always have to email them and ask what is going on when they miss the target. They say they don't take you money until it's a week away from shipping. They took my money 6 weeks ago saying it would ship in a week. Still nothing. I have to keep emailing and asking what is going on and keep getting different reasons for delays.I have also had to email them multiple times in a row to get a response a few times now. I am currently sitting on a "we don't know why it's being delayed, I will try to find out" email from today. It's pretty infuriating and at this point I am regretting not just buying one off the shelf from one of their authorized dealers when I had the opportunity.
View Quote

Yeah well, who asked you

That is some BS, I wouldn’t be too happy with that part.  Keep us updated here if you don’t mind.  Hope you get it soon.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 3:47:47 AM EDT
[#43]

@xd45c

View Quote

Can you elaborate on your thinking on this? Why the faster twist on the 556 chamber?
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 9:20:25 PM EDT
[#44]
There’s a nice XCR-M for sale in the EE.  It’s not mine and I don’t know the seller.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 11:19:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:
There's a nice XCR-M for sale in the EE.  It's not mine and I don't know the seller.
View Quote
Sold . . .
Thats almost exactly the XCR-M I wanted to get too.
Wife wont let me buy another gun this year anyway so . . .

(I know, I know)
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#46]

Yeah well, who asked you

That is some BS, I wouldn’t be too happy with that part.  Keep us updated here if you don’t mind.  Hope you get it soon.
View Quote

Ugh. So after not getting a reply on Friday I emailed them yesterday(Monday for people who read this later). They didn't reply to that so I emailed again today and got what I feel is a lame excuse. I ordered it with a custom Gun Candy color. He said they did one coat, then ran out of paint and had to order more. "Custom paint takes longer". 2 fucking months longer? So I kinda went off and expressed all of my frustrations in my reply after months upon months of being extremely understanding and polite. And they still didn't actually give any kind of estimate on when it might ship, so I had to ask for that, yet again. This gun better be fucking perfect when I get it, because I never want to deal with these people again.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Ugh. So after not getting a reply on Friday I emailed them yesterday(Monday for people who read this later). They didn't reply to that so I emailed again today and got what I feel is a lame excuse. I ordered it with a custom Gun Candy color. He said they did one coat, then ran out of paint and had to order more. "Custom paint takes longer". 2 fucking months longer? So I kinda went off and expressed all of my frustrations in my reply after months upon months of being extremely understanding and polite. And they still didn't actually give any kind of estimate on when it might ship, so I had to ask for that, yet again. This gun better be fucking perfect when I get it, because I never want to deal with these people again.
View Quote

In Pedo Joe's America, I believe it. So much tomfuckery afoot in manufacturing. In Robinson's defense, the estimate they provided is all probably all they have. Sucks, and I won't pretend it doesn't.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:07:01 PM EDT
[#48]
I was going to email them again today and ask what is going on after another week and a half of not hearing back. Before I could though I got the shipping notice. Should arrive on Tuesday, and of it does it will be nine and a half months exactly from the day I ordered.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#49]
I was going to email them again today and ask what is going on after another week and a half of not hearing back. Before I could though I got the shipping notice. Should arrive on Tuesday, and of it does it will be nine and a half months exactly from the day I ordered.
View Quote

. Post pics
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 10:28:36 PM EDT
[#50]
I still have not received any word on mine in about 5 or 6 weeks. I will have to email them again next week. I ordered mine the end of February.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top