User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Thompson center contenders.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Pistol caliber carbine, pump rifle, AR15/10, modern revolver, black powder, derringers, small caliber pocket guns, and although I use them, shotguns in general.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 11:53:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I personally don't care much for most repeating actions, bullpups, cheap pot metal guns, and single action revolvers.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Black powder guns
.22, .25, .32, .380, .38 Special, .44 Special caliber handguns/rifles
Glocks/Taurus/Ruger/Springfield Armory - the civillian company, not the original government Springfield Armory/Tanfoglio Gardone/EAA/Hi Point/Raven Arms/Hudson
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 1:33:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Shotguns bore me. I just have no interest in shooting them. If I’m going to deal with excessive recoil, I want a heavy rifle bullet that can go to 300 yards or more. Trap shooting is okay, just to get out with the guys and do something, but otherwise I never shoot them.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Striker fired handguns
Single shot rifles
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Striker fired handguns
Single shot rifles
Braced pistols
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 6:41:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Striker fired handguns
Single shot firearms
Braced pistols
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Revolvers
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Revolvers and any guns in fudd-tastic obscure calibers no one will really ever care about.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 3:09:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 3:53:09 PM EDT
[#12]
PCC’s from a utilitarian point of view.  Pistol calibers should be reserved for concealing.  If I can carry a PCC, I’m going with an SBR.  Although, they are very fun as a range toy.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 6:23:17 AM EDT
[#13]
O/U shotguns and black powder guns.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 6:37:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Plastic guns.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 12:14:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Plastic guns.
View Quote
Wow, were complete opposites. I don't like wood and steel guns... Mostly.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Same here
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know i'm going to hell for this, but I'm not a 1911 fan.  They shoot great generally, but I'm just not a fan.  Big and clunky.   . Flame on.
Same here
If ya don't care for them, you don't care for them. Doesn't mean you need flaming....

I don't care for ARs and AKs in modern garb. They work excellent and I would want one if I went back into combat, but I just prefer the M-16A1 and AK-103 and AK-74 as used in the 80's era Cold War and back.

I prefer metal pistols, carried and used a Colt Commander and BHP since 1968, switching just recently to a VP9 and G48 after extended testing. I like the size and "handiness" of the G48 for CCW.

Hunting rifles and shotguns I do prefer blued steel and wood, tho my most used rifle is in a laminated stock now. Model 70 in 7mm/08.  and Remington 1100 16ga are my favored two.

I see and recognize the modern toy looking plastic and camo guns being used by some to hunt are just as effective and the person is happy with it I'm happy. Let the person enjoy his possessions!
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 6:07:37 PM EDT
[#17]
DA/SA autos, just never did much for me. I like the trigger pull to be the same each and every time. Give me cocked and locked SA, DAO or Striker.

Mil-surp bolt actions, some people love them, if I could have gotten something back when they were dirt cheap I may feel different.

.308 battle rifles, I had FALs, got rid of them when the Scar17 came out. Most of them are heavy and awkward with no easy way to mount optics. I have a Scar 17, but it mostly sits in the safe. Haven’t shot it in 4 years probably.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 1:57:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Plastic guns.
To each their own.
Won't get any criticism from me for liking what you like.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 12:25:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
To each their own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Plastic guns.
To each their own.
That's not the attitude that the die hard wood and steel guys normally have, so I'm okay with it in this case.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 4:05:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Any gun a liberal hates is a gun I may like to buy!

Link Posted: 11/24/2019 7:02:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Non-military antiques just don't do it for me. If I can’t appreciate the history or engineering, shoot it, or find ammo for it I could care less.

TBH I prefer shooting handguns for fun.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 8:34:49 AM EDT
[#22]
I Ike all guns, but every bottom ejection pump shotgun I’ve owned never worked properly.  Even though I got rid of them, I still liked them.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 12:15:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Semi-auto rifles and shotguns. I just don't see a point in them since they serve no purpose for me.

Love bolt action and u/o shotguns though.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 8:19:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Bullpup actions.  Never warmed up to them.

A P90 or Ripley's bullpup with grenade launcher from Aliens would be cool but would have to be full auto.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 9:13:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Revolvers, bull pups, any semi-auto with a da/sa trigger, and overly engraved decorative pieces.

The decorative, "collectors", guns are probably the biggest 'don't care for' for me.  I don't see the point in a tool that's not meant to be used.  This is different from guns that are actually collectable, so they don't get used that often.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#26]
keltec sub 2000
FN F2000
Taurus Judge
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 7:03:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Bullpup actions.  Never warmed up to them.
A P90 or Ripley's bullpup with grenade launcher from Aliens would be cool but would have to be full auto.
View Quote
It wasn't a bullpup.

The P90, AUG, F2000, etc. are all super fun in full auto.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#28]
I love shitty guns.  Especially really expensive ones with rabid fanbases.

I buy them so I can talk about how shit they are with authority.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 9:12:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I buy them so I can talk about how shit they are with authority.
View Quote
That's what I did with the SPAS-12.
At least it looks awesome.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 11:23:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Pistol AR's.  Especially the 300 Black Outs.  I just can't fall in love with them.  I really do like the 14.5 AR's and 16" AR's.  Just not the pistols.

kwg
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 2:35:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It wasn't a bullpup.
View Quote
This
It was a Thompson SMG, dressed up.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Nope.  If it goes bang I enjoy it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Modern bolt-action rifles that aren’t anti-materiel. A bolt-action .338 or .50 seems fine to me, but any smaller calibers can be had in semiauto, and i see no appeal whatsoever  to a bolt-action version of them. The first rifle I owned was a Remington 700, and i got bored really quick. I learned on an Anschutz .22 in a local marksmanship program for teens, and I enjoyed that, but once i stepped up to a .308, it had no appeal to me; the .22 was more fun. I quickly  bought a PTR91FR, which i feel is far superior to, and much more fun than, the R700. Modern semiauto rifles are much more fun and more user-friendly than a bolt action rifle IMHO.

Old bolt action rifles, i love. My prized possession is my unissued BRNO-prototype Iranian Mauser. I’ll never shoot it, as the blueing is perfect and the wood is immaculate. It looks brand new, not 90 +years old. Old bolt action rifles are fun to shoot, because it feels historic. Collectible ones are neat because of the story they tell and history they carry. Modern ones are bland, boring, and don’t have much appeal if any over semiauto rifles chambered in the same caliber. Why would i have an R700 with 4-round internal magazine, when i can grab my PTR91FR which is more accurate out of the box, holds 5x the ammo in detachable mags, has iron sights (which most modern bolts dont), and is way easier and faster to use? Lever guns are fun, semiauto is fun, but modern bolt action rifles bore me.

That’s why I dont care for modern bolt action rifles in hunting-caliber or smaller loadings.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:59:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Not really a fan of shotguns (of any type) or modern day bolt action rifles. I own one shotgun because I think it looks cool but I hardly ever shoot it. I'm not a long range marksmen or a hunter so modern day bolt action rifles do nothing for me (but I do love milsurp). I also find striker fired polymer handguns boringly utilitarian and mostly soul-less but I have owned a few in the past that I wouldn't mind owning again.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Plastic guns, only exceptions are AUG's & PS90's.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:45:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Fudd guns, black powder, trap/skeet shotguns and IPSC Race guns.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 12:35:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Single shot anything
Revolvers
Wood parts
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Guns designed (built) for no purpose other than racing practical shooting sports.

Link Posted: 1/1/2020 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#40]
I don’t care for single shot firearms. Black powder, or break action etc.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Firearms that were produced prior to the 1900's. Some are cool. But I have no desire to add them to my collection.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Muzzle loaders
.410s

Like most everything else, to a degree.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 1:32:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Glocks.  I doubt I will ever buy one.  They work but so do most other plastic guns these days.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 10:29:47 AM EDT
[#45]
I have shot the AK type rifles.  I have no desire to own one, even after having an SKS for a couple decades.

Same with large bore magnums. Just no need.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have shot the AK type rifles.  I have no desire to own one, even after having an SKS for a couple decades.

Same with large bore magnums. Just no need.
View Quote
I love the AK platform (one of the few semi-auto platforms I really do love), but not the ergonomics.  I ended up selling my Arsenal SAM7 and got a Galil ACE in 7.62x39.  For me it's the perfect combination of the AK operating system while also having ergonomics that are really, really good.

Now large bore magnums, that's my guilty pleasure.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 1:00:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Anything that's heavier than it should be....heavy barrels, wood furniture(except for my Garand, it's a kinky thing!), metal recievers and parts that could be plastic, or steel instead of aluminum, revolvers, etc.... I just think that they aren't well made/made as well as they could be and a holdover from the past for no reason.  I like the shortest, lightest, easiest to use and take apart simple firearms.  Benelli shotguns for hunting, Glocks, lightweight AR's for HD and hunting, and lightweight bolt action hunting rifles.

I also dislike that in the past when I was young and dumb I paid good money for dumb, heavy guns that weren't practical and that I could have used that money on better gear only because they were "classics". AK's, an 870 with wood that rusted the first time I took it hunting, a m700 with a chunky barrel for hunting, an AR with a 24" HBAR, a Ruger P90 pistol, 2! AUG's that I really liked but were almost twice the weight of an AR, etc...

I'll keep my Garand until death, but it's only for fun. I have no real specific "use" for it. I have a better rifle for HD and hunting, and it's not cheap to shoot so it just sits in my safe. It's my only gun just for fun.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Wheel guns, shotguns, and for the most part bolt guns don't do much for me. Shotguns in particular I have zero interest in.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:35:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Anything Mosin Nagant and WWII Japanese.  Just can't get into them.  Oh yea, 30 Blackout and AR pistol.  OK, I can do AR pistol if it is not 30 BLK.   I know that is sacrilege on Arfcom.

kwg
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#50]
This was a very interesting thread to read. Oddly, the types of guns that I don't care for has changed over the years.

- When I was young I really liked World War 2 rifles/handguns but then I decided I liked modern more.  Years later I obtained a C&R license so I could collect milsurps.  For the past 20 years I wouldn't be interested in one at any price.

- I don't like "cheap" guns. I'm not referring to the price I'm referring to the quality.  For example, I'm not interested in anything made by KelTec (I've had enough of their junk to know better).  Another example would be a Marlin 60.  I liked them when I was young, but nowadays I'd rather have a TACSOL X-Ring or at minimum a CZ455.

- I don't like goofy designs.  A perfect example is that horrid Chiappa Rhino revolver monstrosity.  I hate guns that look like movie props.

- I wouldn't buy someone's "garage project" for any price.  I don't want an AR built by an "expert" in his basement.  I'll stick with BCM, Colt, DD, LMT thank you.  This also applies to 1911s.  If you've modified it ... I don't want it.

- I don't want used guns.  In fact, I won't buy used.  I've had tons of guns and too many of them were misrepresented.  Its worth the "new car premium" to me for a new gun.

- I've been love / hate on bullpups.  I finally sold my last four of them last year.  I'll never go back.  Three trips on that merry-go-round was enough.  Anyone need a couple of AUG mags?

- Roller Locked.  I've had lots of HK guns over the years including real HK94s.  I'm done with them.

I kept thinking of more stuff I don't like and the list would be huge.  Its actually easier for me to say what I do like (as the list is small):

I do like:

+ Quality DI AR-15s (BCM, Colt, DD, LMT)
+ Top End 1911s (Les Baer, Wilson Combat, etc.)
+ Beretta 92 Series
+ Ruger 10/22 (including TACSOL X-Ring)
+ Benelli M1/M2/M3
+ Quality Bolt Actions (CZ, Ruger 77 Hawkeye, Tikka, Winchester)

Wow, I'm a simple guy.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top