BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 11:07:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mostly FTF issues, but also light primer strikes.
View Quote
I saw reports of broken cam pins
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 12:19:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I saw reports of broken cam pins
View Quote
That's unacceptable from $1K gun let alone a $3k gun.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 3:42:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Go with the APC now. Parts are becoming more available. Especially now that the military will be using B&T.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 2:39:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Go with the APC now. Parts are becoming more available. Especially now that the military will be using B&T.
View Quote
Not trying to negate their success, but the military buying a couple hundred 9mm APC's over a decade that won't be used in combat really isn't telling the the 5.56's market share.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Apc 9 has nothing to do with the APC 223.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 3:48:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe the cam pin issues were a batch of heat treat. I think I saw a total of two breaking.

B&T has been awarded small military contracts for the 8" APC556 in foreign nations as well so it has been put through the paces.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 11:39:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I've definitively been going back and forth since I 1st saw a APC223.  It's still a unicorn gun.  However I've been seeing a large uptick of all B&T in recent months.  I ended up getting a APC9 (gen1) a few months ago and recently picked up a APC9SD.  I would not hesitate to nab a GHM9 and now looking hard again at the APC223.  I don't want to hang on to a bunch of 5.56 but I may let go of my beloved 805 for fund HALF of the APC223.   Except for that one guy I have not heard of any issues.  And if B&T want to be taken seriously they should have a customer service that should take care of issues.  So yeah, the MPX and Bren are going to be sold,  APC223 I should have in a few months.  Keep my 5.56 harem to 4 carbines.  2 as AR, my ARX (factory SBR) and the APC223.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Update - APC223 ordered.

my son, who is in AFG right now, will buy my Bren 805 for a super deal for him.  Selling MPX.

I now have 3 B&T guns
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:25:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Update - APC223 ordered.

my son, who is in AFG right now, will buy my Bren 805 for a super deal for him.  Selling MPX.

I now have 3 B&T guns
View Quote
Congrats on the purchase.  Amazing engineering in these B&T's products, pics on web are one thing, but the quality feeling of handling these creatures is something else entirely.  I think these will be one of those things in the future that people couldn't imagine were readily available at one time.

Is it just me or have prices shot up a few hundred bucks on recently?
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 11:59:22 AM EDT
[#10]
They do seem to increase in price quite frequently, dont they.

On the other hand, there's a lot of hate in the ghm9 thread over in the pcc section for not being able to cycle 147gr flat nose.

OP, be sure to make updates in this thread on your APC223. I still have yet to even pull mine out of the safe . I need to figure out a sling situation. There doesnt seem to be any good solutions from what I've seen.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 5:21:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Is it just me or have prices shot up a few hundred bucks on recently?
View Quote
Not exactly.  The APC-Pro are out and more to come, those, of course as everything else that just comes out sells for a premium.

All others took a slight to modest dip in prices.  I got my APC9SD with suppressor at $2500 shipped. I see the GHM9 went up about 10%.  I managed to get the 223 for a slight discount.  I don't foresee B&T dropping prices much in the future.

I also see Bren 805 S1 going substantially more than what I got mine.

Next on the list is a GHM9
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 6:17:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:All others took a slight to modest dip in prices.
View Quote
I’ve seen price hikes, not the opposite. The GHM9 used to be about $1150, right? The Gen 2 is now $1500. The former Scorpion killer is now twice the price of a Scorpion. I paid $1750 for my APC9 about a year ago from Arms Unlimited, now that price point is long gone.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I absolutely love my APC223's and my APC300. About the only thing I would change is a sexier stock and I'm about to start testing out an ACR stock and may convert my others over if I really like it.

Link Posted: 9/4/2019 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#14]
@dirtyharriet

Bringing back an old thread here...

I just bought a APC 223

What suppressors are everyone using on their 223? What is the thread pitch? What suppressor is the included muzzle device made for/compatible with?
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#15]
1/2 x 28 right hand is what I read on Dakota tactical website
I haven’t run a suppressor on mine yet but plan too

These guns really are amazing.
If I could order a b&t apc 308 with a 16 inch barrel I’d order it right now but I can’t find any
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
1/2 x 28 right hand is what I read on Dakota tactical website
I haven’t run a suppressor on mine yet but plan too

These guns really are amazing.
If I could order a b&t apc 308 with a 16 inch barrel I’d order it right now but I can’t find any
View Quote
Scott at Tarheel State Firearms has them in stock. They are actually the 14.5" versions with a flash hider that is pinned and welded to make them 16.3". This is the only choice right now for a non NFA version since all of the longer 18.9" DMR versions have been long sold out. I hope to pick up my 16.3" version within the next 1-2 weeks... just have to find the time to make it back over to see Scott at THSF since he is holding one for me. Scott is the best in the business when it comes to B&T and I think any one here would highly recommend doing business with him... he is first class all the way.

https://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=17_122&product_id=459
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 5:49:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
@dirtyharriet

Bringing back an old thread here...

I just bought a APC 223

What suppressors are everyone using on their 223? What is the thread pitch? What suppressor is the included muzzle device made for/compatible with?
View Quote
I'm running SICO Saker 5.56's on my APC223's and a SICO Saker 7.62 on my APC300. I also picked up all of my suppressors from Scott at THSF... he is a one stop shop for your B&T firearm and suppressor needs.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm running SICO Saker 5.56's on my APC223's and a SICO Saker 7.62 on my APC300. I also picked up all of my suppressors from Scott at THSF... he is a one stop shop for your B&T firearm and suppressor needs.
View Quote
Is the included muzzle device a surefire flash hider?

I haven’t picked up my APC yet...
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well if you look at THSF's 16.3" APC308 purchase page it has a drop down menu where different choices for flash hider can be made... including a surefire flash hider. That is one that I am choosing because you can't run Saker 762's on the APC308 with less than an 18" barrel... too much back pressure. You must use a low back pressure suppressor designed can like a Surefire Socom style suppressor or something similar.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 12:00:40 AM EDT
[#20]
I called Scott.  He was extremely nice
I was planning on running a silencer co hybrid on the 14.3 inch b&t apc 308.  He was nice enough to inform me that it it rated to a 16 inch barrel with 308
And I would have messed up my suppressor
I ordered a vox s suppressor  with silencer co ASR
Adaptor but I don’t see that as an option on the tar heel  firearms website
I don’t think they would take the surefire adaptor off and re-pin with a silencerco adaptor
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 7:41:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
I already have two suppressors in jail at THSF. Guess I need a third...any other 5.56 suppressor suggestion other thank the Sico Saker?
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 8:50:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I called Scott.  He was extremely nice
I was planning on running a silencer co hybrid on the 14.3 inch b&t apc 308.  He was nice enough to inform me that it it rated to a 16 inch barrel with 308
And I would have messed up my suppressor
I ordered a vox s suppressor  with silencer co ASR
Adaptor but I don’t see that as an option on the tar heel  firearms website
I don’t think they would take the surefire adaptor off and re-pin with a silencerco adaptor
View Quote
I asked him about having a SICO flash hider put on the APC308 also because I have a lot of SICO suppressors... that is when he informed me that SICO has no low back pressure suppressors... they are all high pressure. I was pretty bummed that I have to buy yet another suppressor but that's the breaks some times.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I already have two suppressors in jail at THSF. Guess I need a third...any other 5.56 suppressor suggestion other thank the Sico Saker?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really don't have any exact suggestions... if I were you I would talk to Scott and let him know what your needs truly are. If you don't want to purchase a lot of suppressors and if you ever want to shoot 300BLK or 7.62 also... you might want to consider getting a 30 cal suppressor instead. It won't be quite as quiet as a 5.56 can but is way more versatile. You also have to consider barrel length for back pressures and max pressures with SBR's. That is why it is good to have a well thought out strategy going in to try and cover as many bases as possible to keep expenses down. I don't like to hot swap so I've gone with dedicated suppressors. Between upgrades and older purchases I have ended up with a crazy amount of suppressors and still need a few more unfortunately. It gets pretty frustrating some times because there seems to be no end to the financial burden of this hobby.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:51:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I really don't have any exact suggestions... if I were you I would talk to Scott and let him know what your needs truly are. If you don't want to purchase a lot of suppressors and if you ever want to shoot 300BLK or 7.62 also... you might want to consider getting a 30 cal suppressor instead. It won't be quite as quiet as a 5.56 can but is way more versatile. You also have to consider barrel length for back pressures and max pressures with SBR's. That is why it is good to have a well thought out strategy going in to try and cover as many bases as possible to keep expenses down. I don't like to hot swap so I've gone with dedicated suppressors. Between upgrades and older purchases I have ended up with a crazy amount of suppressors and still need a few more unfortunately. It gets pretty frustrating some times because there seems to be no end to the financial burden of this hobby.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes it can be quieter than a 5.56 due to the extra volume of the .30 cal can.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 11:38:58 AM EDT
[#25]
I’m a little confused on the posted sizes for the APC223.  Atlantic firearms has it listed at 611 mm which is almost 25 inches when folded. And has the size listed at almost 32 inches when the stock is deployed. Looking at photos online it looks to be at most 4 to 6 inches bigger than an APC9 which would put it shorter like 20” folded / 28” deployed. Also some disparity in barrel length measurements from 8.3-8.9”. Figure that’s measuring with or without FH but unsure.

Has anyone broken it down size, weight, etc?
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 10:15:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I’m a little confused on the posted sizes for the APC223.  Atlantic firearms has it listed at 611 mm which is almost 25 inches when folded. And has the size listed at almost 32 inches when the stock is deployed. Looking at photos online it looks to be at most 4 to 6 inches bigger than an APC9 which would put it shorter like 20” folded / 28” deployed. Also some disparity in barrel length measurements from 8.3-8.9”. Figure that’s measuring with or without FH but unsure.

Has anyone broken it down size, weight, etc?
View Quote
Mine is about 20 3/4" folded and 29" with the BT folding stock deployed. That is with a Dead Air FH on the muzzle.
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#27]
@hermy
@AlphaThree

Well I finally made it down to THSF and picked up my B&T APC308 with 16.3 barrel. I put on my waiting accessories and she is pretty much ready to be sighted in. I hope to make it out to the range in the next 3-4 weeks to stretch her legs and see what kind of groupings I can get.

Link Posted: 9/9/2019 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Wow.   That is a piece of artwork!
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 10:47:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
@hermy
@AlphaThree

Well I finally made it down to THSF and picked up my B&T APC308 with 16.3 barrel. I put on my waiting accessories and she is pretty much ready to be sighted in. I hope to make it out to the range in the next 3-4 weeks to stretch her legs and see what kind of groupings I can get.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121296/B_T_APC_308_with_SB_scope-1084910.jpg
View Quote
Oh wow. Who is making ACR adapters for the APC?
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 8:15:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@hermy
@AlphaThree

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121296/B_T_APC_308_with_SB_scope-1084910.jpg
I got the ACR stock adaptor from Dan Haga Designs. I'm switching all of my B&T APC's over to this design. It looks amazing and is extremely comfortable.

https://danhagadesigns.com/b-t-apc-acr-adapter/
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Finally got around to picking mine up. Feels real good. Hopefully I can shoot it a little next week.

Will this brace fit on a APC9? It has 223/300 marked on it but THSF lists their APC collapsible stock for all APC models.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Finally got around to picking mine up. Feels real good. Hopefully I can shoot it a little next week.

Will this brace fit on a APC9? It has 223/300 marked on it but THSF lists their APC collapsible stock for all APC models.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299341/25D3E6C4-83A7-41E3-8894-836E595D0C60_jpeg-1088859.JPG
View Quote
It will not work in the APC9/45 series. They are slightly different and that is why they are clearly marked which models they will work with thank goodness. BTW your APC223 looks great man... congrats!!!

P.S... if you look at the THSF link for the telescopic stocks... it has a drop down box which normally lets you select which stock you want. They are currently out of the APC9/45 version hence it does not show in the drop down menu.

http://www.tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=57_123&product_id=366
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 8:41:37 AM EDT
[#33]
My APC didnt come with BUIS. Are the factory APC BUIS the same as GHM9 BUIS?
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:32:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don’t have a GHM9 so I can’t compare but they are polymer and have no identifiable brand markings
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, mine were the same on both guns. Both of mine are early release/first gen guns.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 11:14:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Just saw on Facebook that a few bolt carriers are starting to crack at the bottom where the cam path ends. Anyone check theirs?
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 9:00:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just saw on Facebook that a few bolt carriers are starting to crack at the bottom where the cam path ends. Anyone check theirs?
View Quote
Any updates on the carrier issue? I have until Monday evening to decide if i want to buy a new APC300 from my dealer for a good deal, and hearing news about cracked carries has me iffy.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 10:15:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Any updates on the carrier issue? I have until Monday evening to decide if i want to buy a new APC300 from my dealer for a good deal, and hearing news about cracked carries has me iffy.
View Quote
I have two APC223's and an APC300 and have had NO issues whatsoever. I would not hesitate to purchase an APC300... I say FO.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 9:08:17 AM EDT
[#39]
THSF lists two blast deflector options. Do both work on the factory APC 223 muzzle device?
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 10:44:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
@hermy
@AlphaThree

View Quote
Excellent taste in rifle, optic, and mount. Well done.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 10:33:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Nvm.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:25:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Anyone have thoughts on the APC223 vs a 10.3” AR? Weight/Size/Overall Feel?

Haven’t had a chance to handle one and the stated weight is about 1+ lbs heavier than my 10.3” Mega. Just curious how does in a head to head with a high quality AR.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Anyone have thoughts on the APC223 vs a 10.3” AR? Weight/Size/Overall Feel?

Haven’t had a chance to handle one and the stated weight is about 1+ lbs heavier than my 10.3” Mega. Just curious how does in a head to head with a high quality AR.
View Quote
The APC is definitely heavier.  I think the APC feels like a tank compared to a standard DI AR both in terms of weight and quality.  To me, it has more of a feel like a SCAR or HK416 due to the larger rail diameter and forward weight due to the piston systems.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 5:26:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Anyone have good things to say about the telescoping stock for the 223? I know haha makes an ACR stock adapter but I’m kinda liking the idea of keeping the system small
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 3:43:55 PM EDT
[#45]
I prefer the mp5 style folder.  Much cheaper, much lighter
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Anyone have good things to say about the telescoping stock for the 223? I know haha makes an ACR stock adapter but I’m kinda liking the idea of keeping the system small
View Quote
The APC223 I bought came with the collapsible stock and I initially intended to put on a ACR stock or the B&T folder but I actually really like it. It’s solid and the cheek weld and line of sight isn’t as bad as I anticipated.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 1:55:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The APC223 I bought came with the collapsible stock and I initially intended to put on a ACR stock or the B&T folder but I actually really like it. It’s solid and the cheek weld and line of sight isn’t as bad as I anticipated.
View Quote
Yeah, I’ve been itching to see one pop up for sale used. I need a decent LOP so the folder is a no go and I’m just not a big enough fan of the ACR stock to go haga on that
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 7:38:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yeah, I’ve been itching to see one pop up for sale used. I need a decent LOP so the folder is a no go and I’m just not a big enough fan of the ACR stock to go haga on that
View Quote
The B&T HK UMP folding stock will provide an extra inch LOP over the APC folder.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 12:24:42 PM EDT
[#49]
The telescoping looks to have the best LOP I’m guessing by looking at it. Can’t find any nomenclature to be sure though
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What happens when the socialists take over and ban imports and imported parts, or if the foreign country doesn't allow exports?

For instance, FNC parts.  Hardly existent.  Parts for my Daewoo and FAMAS?  Same.
View Quote
It'll cost some money, but any part can be recreated in this country.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top