Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Bren 2 (Page 89 of 102)
Page / 102
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I stumbled into this thread last night while looking for rabbit holes to explore and today while I was out trying to get my e-form 4 moving that I purchased back in December I noticed a 14" and an 11" on the shelf.  I have been stamping everything but in this case I bought the 14" model with a plan to pin/weld dead air hider and roll it as a rifle.   As expected of CZ these days its a nice weapon.  I ordered a HB handguard and am trying to track down the cz 922 stock kit.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:52:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a SIG Romeo5 on my 11 inch BREN 2 and it works quite well.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kells81:
I stumbled into this thread last night while looking for rabbit holes to explore and today while I was out trying to get my e-form 4 moving that I purchased back in December I noticed a 14" and an 11" on the shelf.  I have been stamping everything but in this case I bought the 14" model with a plan to pin/weld dead air hider and roll it as a rifle.   As expected of CZ these days its a nice weapon.  I ordered a HB handguard and am trying to track down the cz 922 stock kit.
View Quote

Here you go:

https://shop.cz-usa.com/cz-usa-bren-2-ms-5-56x45-922r-parts-kit-includes-stock.html
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 7:29:46 PM EDT
[#4]
On sale now.......$249.99.

https://www.preppergunshop.com/cz-bren-922r-parts-and-folding-stock-kit-black?mc_cid=dbc96b7a85&mc_eid=9bdcb8ccac
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Ordered the stock kit and also a 10" HBI handguard for it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:19:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: masterofpew] [#6]
View Quote

Good stuff man

@kells81

My son and I worked on the Bren 2Ms today after church service. HBI trigger, handguard and safety selectors. Aimpoint PRO and a folding side charger handle.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Made a mess of the kitchen table
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:47:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#7]
So I saw something that I can't unsee now in pics.
The lightning cuts on the receiver on the military moderns or the very first batch of imports.
Mishaco mentioned it in a video. Now every pic I see of the 2 I think the lightning cuts look so much more sick.
At the end of they I'm just over thinking it but idk what do you guys think?

EDIT: Alright-ish pic of the two near each other. Top being the early imports. Military guns have the same cuts, I believe. Bottom being the MS, current imports.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:
The lightning cuts on the receiver on the military moderns or the very first batch of imports.
Mishaco mentioned it in a video. Now every pic I see of the 2 I think the lightning cuts look so much more sick.

EDIT: Alright-ish pic of the two near each other. Top being the early imports. Military guns have the same cuts, I believe. Bottom being the MS, current imports.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/418820/bren_2_png-2269877.JPG
View Quote

Looks good with side milled out on the 2s version. Wonder why they changed the outer upper receiver. And not keep it for the 2Ms version too.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 10:59:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#9]
Originally Posted By shooter_from_show-me:

Looks good with side milled out on the 2s version. Wonder why they changed the outer upper receiver. And not keep it for the 2Ms version too.
View Quote

Yeah seeing them side by side if feel like the MS is a 'cost cutting' receiver.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 12:17:38 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Yes, the lightning cuts do look good. Even though the 2S isn’t an exact military clone, I think CZ should have carried over the cuts on the MS. European MS variants lack the lightning cuts as well.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 12:33:06 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

My two 11” Brens are SBR’s, and my 14” has a pinned/welded NOX FH.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 12:39:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By JackwagonJim:
My LGS has a bren 2 carbine in stock in 556...debating grabbing it tomorrow..

What kind of optics ya all running on the carbine?
View Quote

1.5X6 Elcan.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 12:58:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:
Some pics of the CZ Bren 2 PPS - a DMR variant of the Bren 2 BR also in 7.62 NATO.  Has an 18" barrel and MLok handguard like the Bren 2 Carbine.  Unfortunately this is a mil only variant right now like the BR.

https://www.czdefence.com/images/CLANKY/ACR/43/BREN2BR/bren2br_03.jpg
https://www.czdefence.com/images/CLANKY/ACR/43/BREN2BR/_DSC6190.jpg
https://www.czdefence.com/images/CLANKY/ACR/43/BREN2BR/drag_pps.jpg
View Quote

Interesting. There appears to be a mounting block for the stock just rearward of the receiver mounted QD sling mounts that is secured by a screw on both sides, and four additional receiver screws, most likely for an internal steel rail, on the LH side. I wonder then if the standard BR model has been updated, or if these revisions were only added on the PPS model?
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Co vše vydrží CZ BREN 2 PPS
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 2:58:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By LIONHART:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yttm7WIZTd4
View Quote

God damn Czech bastards....just sell us this already.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:43:38 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Current military Bren 2 rifles are up to Ms spec now...unofficially the Bren 2 has been revised globally to the Ms...
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

Current military Bren 2 rifles are up to Ms spec now...unofficially the Bren 2 has been revised globally to the Ms...
View Quote

Appreciate the info. I wasn't aware of that. I just saw pics of Czech soldiers with the 2s.
Its funny Gun Jesus posted a video on the 805 today and said something similar in nature about the 805s. They quietly updated the 805s to a gen 2.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:28:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#18]
Yeah...Bren 805 was great...they quickly moved to Bren 2...when CZ USA requested the Ms change...it looks like it is trickling into the military guns too..

7.62 BR is def a Ms type upper...
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:37:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Load test at 50 yards, just for POA/POI, think this will work well, 11 inch barrel
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Smurgeon:

God damn Czech bastards....just sell us this already.
View Quote

I just went and got a B&T APC308.  Tired of waiting for the damn BR variant
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#21]
@Zeebz you know that APC308 will make it to me some day right ...
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 4:18:17 PM EDT
[#22]
@Zeebz you know that APC308 will make it to me some day right ...
View Quote

Hands off!
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 12:44:42 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Saves time on the mill and cuts production costs.  Current MIL/LE models still incorporate the lightning cuts, based on their product images.  The BR does not have the lightning cuts.

https://www.czub.cz/en/defend-and-serve/utocne-pusky-defend
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Probably so.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 6:26:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Mail call,

HBI G36 stock setup
HBI longer rail
HBI Trigger
HBI Disco
HBI whatever
CZ 922 stock kit

Link Posted: 2/11/2022 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Ok, so I prelim read the directions of the HBI rail which say remove the bayo lug.  I held off on removing it until the rail got here and while I could make it fit without removal I figured the best course was to remove.  

The 14” setup with the Dead Air flash hider came out to 16.25” which I measured 3 times.  You may find it interesting to know that a magpul barrel tool for the AR fits this barrel setup which is how I held it while tightening the flash hider.  

Link Posted: 2/14/2022 6:36:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Has anyone here added a QD swivel insert to the rear of a waffle stock? If so, what did you use? Years ago, GG&G offered a sling thing that required drilling two holes and put a QD on both sides. That wouldn’t work here, as it had a protruding lip on the underside for use with AR stocks, but something similar would if the mounting plates were flat. Looking for suggestions. I don’t particularly care for receiver mounted slings.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 9:27:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Bren 2: Every Aspect of the 805 Refined
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 11:42:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Has anyone here added a QD swivel insert to the rear of a waffle stock? If so, what did you use? Years ago, GG&G offered a sling thing that required drilling two holes and put a QD on both sides. That wouldn’t work here, as it had a protruding lip on the underside for use with AR stocks, but something similar would if the mounting plates were flat. Looking for suggestions. I don’t particularly care for receiver mounted slings.
View Quote

Get the BR stock.
https://www.euro-military.com/CZ-Bren-2-BR-Folding-Adjustable-Butt-Stock-d785.htm
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 12:00:53 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

I have the BR stocks, but  I do sometimes prefer the aesthetics of the waffle over the BR, and for that reason, I’d like to add a QD socket to a few of them.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#31]
You could always retrofit a Magpul QD point somehow to one…
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 12:35:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LIONHART] [#32]

You could always retrofit a Magpul QD point somehow to one…
View Quote

I was thinking that, or recessing a Magpul Type 1 & 2. Thought I’d ask hoping for an easier alternative, but there doesn’t appear to be a screw on universal ambi QD sling mount on the market.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 6:33:05 PM EDT
[#33]

I was thinking that, or recessing a Magpul Type 1 & 2. Thought I’d ask hoping for an easier alternative, but there doesn’t appear to be a screw on universal ambi QD sling mount on the market.
View Quote

If you don't mind drilling a hole in your stock....

https://grovtec.com/products/heavy-duty-push-button-bases
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#34]
I used that on an A2 stock...worked well...
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 3:18:42 PM EDT
[#35]
I use a Magpul Type 1 which I drilled open for the specific thread.

You can use an european screw size (not sure the size. M5? M6?) and put it instead of the original pin.

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 3:34:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Another easy DIY-mod I use:

Cutting foam in a T-shaped piece. Prevents alot of gas in the face.

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 3:43:47 PM EDT
[#37]
@kells81 how is that handguard? Any issues installing it or anything?
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#38]
@kells81 how is that handguard? Any issues installing it or anything?
View Quote

No issues at all on the install but I am thinking about picking up the other version that gives access to the valve/piston.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Can anyone confirm if the 7.62x39 Bren 2MS uses a "standard" are 7.62x39 AR extractor? Mine broke and CZ said "sorry can't tell you when we'll have them. So a SBR I have almost 3k in sits waiting.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Cormu:
I use a Magpul Type 1 which I drilled open for the specific thread.

You can use an european screw size (not sure the size. M5? M6?) and put it instead of the original pin.

https://bilderupload.org/image/thumbnail/resized-133b52657-img-20220215-200931.jpg

https://bilderupload.org/image/thumbnail/resized-20c852706-img-20220215-200949.jpg

View Quote

I knew that I wasn’t the only one that wanted to add QD inserts to a waffle. Ideally, an ambi mount where the QD cups sat below the bridge, and retained by a cross bolt where the original roll pin is would be great.

Another option would be drilling/recessing Magpul Type 1 & 2 cups in the upper portion of the stock, but that’s a bit more involved.

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#41]

No issues at all on the install but I am thinking about picking up the other version that gives access to the valve/piston.
View Quote

@kells81 ... if you get rid of that rail you got ... let me know how much you'd want ... I hate the factory carbine OEM handguard and want to run a more squared off setup like the HBI 10.8" instead ...
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 8:29:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By richiemfmead:
Can anyone confirm if the 7.62x39 Bren 2MS uses a "standard" are 7.62x39 AR extractor? Mine broke and CZ said "sorry can't tell you when we'll have them. So a SBR I have almost 3k in sits waiting.
View Quote

I believe they are proprietary to the Bren 2.

At least you can join the club! I'm at almost 2 years on having a non functional Bren 2.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 8:50:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Ouch :(
Just when the SBR papers came back too
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:54:35 AM EDT
[#44]

@kells81 ... if you get rid of that rail you got ... let me know how much you'd want ... I hate the factory carbine OEM handguard and want to run a more squared off setup like the HBI 10.8" instead ...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

HB is working on a handguard for the carbine model.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 10:25:36 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Really? How did I miss that announcement?
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

I don’t think there was one. Just keep an eye on their site. Personally, I like the OEM one, but we’ll see what HBI comes up with.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#47]

I don’t think there was one. Just keep an eye on their site. Personally, I like the OEM one, but we’ll see what HBI comes up with.
View Quote

Copy. I hate the OEM slant in the handguard. Squared off would have been so much better asthetically…
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 10:45:13 PM EDT
[#48]

Good stuff man

@kells81

My son and I worked on the Bren 2Ms today after church service. HBI trigger, handguard and safety selectors. Aimpoint PRO and a folding side charger handle.
View All Quotes

Good stuff man

@kells81

Who makes that folding charging handle?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 6:17:38 PM EDT
[#49]
If any of you guys are so in love with your Bren 2 that your 805 S1 pistol has been relegated to the back of the safe, please email me. I’m looking for a black one.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 5:06:24 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Good stuff man

@kells81

@JackwagonJim

Guy on Reddit in the Bren2 subforum makes and sells small batches of them. He's out of CA. I'll see if I can get his info and forward it to if you'd like.
Page / 102
CZ Bren 2 (Page 89 of 102)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top