BCM
User Panel

CZ Bren 2 (Page 80 of 102)
Page / 102
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gonnasellstuff:

Most Ms models didnt come with a bayo lug. A few left over S Model barrels with bayo lugs were used with the Ms models.
View Quote

Thanks for the info.  I like the looks with lug.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I just came to this thread because I want to pick up one of the Bren 2 MS pistols that are out there. I'm looking at the 11' barreled model and planning on installing an SBA3 brace on it.
The cheapest I can find it is $1850 on GB.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:54:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#3]
Originally Posted By uncas1:
Well I just came to this thread because I want to pick up one of the Bren 2 MS pistols that are out there. I'm looking at the 11' barreled model and planning on installing an SBA3 brace on it.
View Quote

Well with all the rumblings from O'Biden & the left today,  I'd hit the "buy Now" if available.  It will probably be gone tomorrow.  I paid about $2K from a local shop for the 11 inch a few months ago when they were scarce.

Here's the family photo.  I've thought about getting rid of the 8" once I found the 11", but I like how compact it is when you fold the brace.

Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By dump1567:

Well with all the rumblings from O'Biden & the left today,  I'd hit the "buy Now" if available.  It will probably be gone tomorrow.  I paid about $2K from a local shop for the 11 inch a few months ago when they were scarce.

Here's the family photo.  I've thought about getting rid of the 8" once I found the 11", but I like how compact it is when you fold the brace.

https://i.imgur.com/DshqMkv.jpg
View Quote
Nice collection!

How do you like the Sig brace on your 8"?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:02:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
Nice collection!

How do you like the Sig brace on your 8"?
View Quote

It actually works out pretty well.  Mines pretty rigid and doesn't move around all that much.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Which of those braces do you like the best?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Which of those braces do you like the best?
View Quote

Probably the Gear Head.  And it has a letter of approval from the ATF ( if that’s important to you).  Where as I’ve seen letters from the ATF were they specifically state the SBA3 is a stock.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 8:51:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I’m going with the Gear Head, Midway has them in stock.

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:33:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: benbangui] [#9]

Here is a weird gear head works and A3 config. Don’t know if I like it yet. Wish it was shorter length of pull.

But I sent 14 barrel off to be shortened to 11 :) looking forward to getting it back :)
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:35:23 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Actually since MSRP is now up to $2075, $1850 isn't really that bad a price, especially coming from GB, unless you also have to pay extra for credit card use. I don't mean to panic anyone, but with all of the increased talk about gun bans, and with biden threatening executive action, it might be time to get anything that you are considering especially if it is foreign made.

If biden does do something with executive action, the easiest thing for him to do is to ban the importation of assault style weapons made in foreign countries like the CZ Bren. Like I said, I'm not trying to panic anyone, but if you pass on this one and wait for a slightly better price, it might be taken off the table all together if biden has his way.

It seems the 11" model is hard to find anyway, so if you can find it, I'd jump on it. By the way, I have an 11" Bren 2 and I love it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:54:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By rlbuzz:

Actually since MSRP is now up to $2075, $1850 isn't really that bad a price, especially coming from GB, unless you also have to pay extra for credit card use. I don't mean to panic anyone, but with all of the increased talk about gun bans, and with biden threatening executive action, it might be time to get anything that you are considering especially if it is foreign made.

If biden does do something with executive action, the easiest thing for him to do is to ban the importation of assault style weapons made in foreign countries like the CZ Bren. Like I said, I'm not trying to panic anyone, but if you pass on this one and wait for a slightly better price, it might be taken off the table all together if biden has his way.

It seems the 11" model is hard to find anyway, so if you can find it, I'd jump on it. By the way, I have an 11" Bren 2 and I love it.
View Quote

It's not like he wouldn't be able to sell it later either
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:16:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#12]
I predict a huge panic buying spree this weekend at the local shops and on GB.  And I could see mags starting to sell out.  In fact, a quick search of some popular websites, show a lot of mags are already out of stock.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Stack it deep, as they've said for the last year. I hope everyone gets all they need - I'm good.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By rlbuzz:

It seems the 11" model is hard to find anyway, so if you can find it, I'd jump on it
. By the way, I have an 11" Bren 2 and I love it.
View Quote

My experience as well.  I looked long and hard for an 11inch variant.  No joy.  I finally pulled the trigger on the 8 inch model when I found one at a non-rape price.   I'd still rather have the 11 I think, but the 8 inch gun is uber-compact with the folding brace and handles very well.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:

My experience as well.  I looked long and hard for an 11inch variant.  No joy.  I finally pulled the trigger on the 8 inch model when I found one at a non-rape price.   I'd still rather have the 11 I think, but the 8 inch gun is uber-compact with the folding brace and handles very well.
View Quote
Pics? Which brace are you using?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:41:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC_JA] [#16]
Pics? Which brace are you using?
View Quote

@jaqufrost

BR "stock" + Haga adapter + Tailhook

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:53:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks good!
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks good!
View Quote

Thank you, Sir.  Pricey but it turned out well.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Thank you, Sir.  Pricey but it turned out well.
View Quote
Going to put optics on it?

I've got an ACR stock laying around, maybe I should buy one of the tail hook adapters for it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Going to put optics on it?

I've got an ACR stock laying around, maybe I should buy one of the tail hook adapters for it.
View Quote

Current plan is a Gen II UH-1.  The lines of that optic should match up well....I think.   I recently stumbled across a less than MSRP SP5 and completely exhausted my black ops fund.  So, optics will have to wait.

Also plan to install a spare DA301 I have lying around for my Sandman K to help tame the percussion.  I'll add some pics once done.  

Will the ACR latch when folded?   That was the decisive feature in my decision tree as a "floppy folder" defeats the purpose for me.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:58:18 AM EDT
[#21]
I figured I'd swoop on this import before O'Biden bans it (or they're made domestically in the Colt Factory?).  It was offer I couldn't refuse.  $1650 OTD NIB.  One of my local shops loves giving these away for cheap.  I bought both my 7.62's from them for under $1600.  Can't say that about my 5.56's I bought elsewhere.  

Do all 14" 5.56's come with bayo lug?  I'll probably convert this to a rifle, but I found a brace in the garage to serve as a place holder until than.

https://i.imgur.com/IxkGUbl.jpg
View Quote

About 50 flawless rounds of Wolf Gold today.  Left me a nice pile of brass at the 1-2 O'clock.  This ones only 77 digits and 6 days (per the test target) from my 11" 5.56 serial number.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:07:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Current plan is a Gen II UH-1.  The lines of that optic should match up well....I think.  

I recently stumbled across a less than MSRP SP5 and completely exhausted my black ops fund.  So, optics will have to wait.

Also plan to install a spare DA301 I have lying around for my Sandman K to help tame the percussion.  I'll add some pics once done.  

Will the ACR latch when folded?   That was the decisive feature in my decision tree as a "floppy folder" defeats the purpose for me.
View Quote

With the ACR stock, I think that will depend on how the conversion piece is designed.  IIRC, you have to pull the pin for the hinge and that's where you attach it to the conversion piece.  If they built it right, it will have the same cam open action the ACR has.  I haven't seen one of the conversion pieces in person, so I'm not 100% they retained the original design features.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#23]

With the ACR stock, I think that will depend on how the conversion piece is designed.  IIRC, you have to pull the pin for the hinge and that's where you attach it to the conversion piece.  If they built it right, it will have the same cam open action the ACR has.  I haven't seen one of the conversion pieces in person, so I'm not 100% they retained the original design features.
View Quote

Tracking.  I'm unfamiliar with the ACR stock so I can offer no opinions there other than the stock is the largest part of the expense and you've already got that covered.   But the ACR stock profile aesthetically matches very nicely with the rear lines of the Bren 2.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#24]
So I sent my x39 Bren back to CZ in early January, and I opted for the exchange. Still nothing from CZ. I've called several times, asking for any information at all -- nothing. All they've said is, exchanges have priority when they receive shipments from CZ UB, but I have to imagine they've received a shipment or so since the beginning of January. One guy told me he'd talk to their "gunsmith" to see when they were expecting a new shipment and get back to me but never did. Truly disappointing support from CZ.

Has anyone received an exchange since January? I'm just hoping I get it before an EO banning imports.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By grinning:
So I sent my x39 Bren back to CZ in early January, and I opted for the exchange. Still nothing from CZ. I've called several times, asking for any information at all -- nothing. All they've said is, exchanges have priority when they receive shipments from CZ UB, but I have to imagine they've received a shipment or so since the beginning of January. One guy told me he'd talk to their "gunsmith" to see when they were expecting a new shipment and get back to me but never did. Truly disappointing support from CZ.

Has anyone received an exchange since January? I'm just hoping I get it before an EO banning imports.
View Quote
Wow...
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By grinning:

View Quote

Curious what will happen if you dont get a replacement before any EO goes into place. The prices on the brens (regardless if they are fixed or not) will double overnight once any EO may happen.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah, I suppose I could just ask for the x39 back theoretically. I'm going to call them again on Monday, fifth time's the charm I hope.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Got bored and added the new HB Industries handguard. I was on the fence... But I kinda like this one better for the simple access to the gas block.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/27/2021 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#29]
The Brens...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/27/2021 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
Awesome collection!
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 9:35:08 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm wanting to order a new muzzle device for my Bren 2ms 11" barrel. What would be the correct thread pitch?
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By rw66:
I'm wanting to order a new muzzle device for my Bren 2ms 11" barrel. What would be the correct thread pitch?
View Quote

1/2 x 28

Link Posted: 3/31/2021 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Love the collection. Are the lower 2 guns MS models with Preston precision pic rails? Been trying to find decent pics for a while.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 10:12:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#34]
Awesome collection!
View Quote

Thanks!

Originally Posted By Name_Here:

Love the collection. Are the lower 2 guns MS models with Preston precision pic rails? Been trying to find decent pics for a while.
View Quote

Yes, but only the bottom one has the Preston rails.

Here's a closer image

and Here's a small writeup

Edit - the bottom 2 have the lower picatinny rail from Haga Defense, Bushtac is the name.

Link Posted: 4/3/2021 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:
Got bored and added the new HB Industries handguard. I was on the fence... But I kinda like this one better for the simple access to the gas block.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137230/PXL_20210327_191155129_jpg-1882273.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137230/PXL_20210327_191251854_jpg-1882274.JPG
View Quote

I’m curious if the hbi 10.8 hand guard would be too long for the 8” Bren. I’d like to move the front sight forward and have more rail space on my 8”. Looks like the 10.8 hand guard might be close to flush with the stock flash hider on the 8” gun.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 1:10:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By terdferguson:

I'm curious if the hbi 10.8 hand guard would be too long for the 8" Bren. I'd like to move the front sight forward and have more rail space on my 8". Looks like the 10.8 hand guard might be close to flush with the stock flash hider on the 8" gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By terdferguson:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137230/PXL_20210327_191155129_jpg-1882273.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137230/PXL_20210327_191251854_jpg-1882274.JPG

I'm curious if the hbi 10.8 hand guard would be too long for the 8" Bren. I'd like to move the front sight forward and have more rail space on my 8". Looks like the 10.8 hand guard might be close to flush with the stock flash hider on the 8" gun.

Possibly could work if you ditch the factory flash hider and add a 3" length linear comp.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/3/2021 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Possibly could work if you ditch the factory flash hider and add a 3" length linear comp.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137230/PXL_20210403_164811859_jpg-1891253.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137230/PXL_20210403_164919866_jpg-1891254.JPG

View Quote

Thanks very much for that pic. That’s exactly what I was thinking of doing, just didn’t know if it would work. The front sight is in the way of my grip with the stock 8” barrel hand guards. And there’s not a lot of space underneath for my preferred hand stop with the stock 8” barrel hand guards.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#38]
https://osagecountyguns.com/cz-bren-2-ms-carbine-16-5-5-56mm-nato.html

I was able to land one of these bad boys and a great price.  Two left if anyone is interested
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By JKF204:

I was able to land one of these bad boys and a great price.  Two left if anyone is interested
View Quote
That's tempting. I've already got one on backorder or I would probably jump on it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 2:13:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By JKF204:

View Quote

There was only one left and I snagged it. Thanks for sharing. About $50-100 cheaper than other places shipped for today.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 2:21:29 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Nice optic on the carbine - the Steiner, specs please? And how does it work? I had a Primary Arms 1-6x24 FFP ACSS and somehow did not warm up to it and sold it. Look for good and lightweight AR or 5.56 scope alternatives.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 2:46:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FullAssault] [#42]
Originally Posted By esdunbar:

I have 5 scars, 4 Virtus', 2 POF 415's a Tavor X95 and a Sig 516 (all piston guns...probably more that I can't recall).  Not a single one of them have damage to the lugs like my two Bren 2's do.  Can you show pics of the guns I've mentioned with damaged lugs like we're seeing on the Bren?  Respectfully, I think your comment is very wrong.

Also, it's not "one guy."  Numerous of us have reported the same issue in this thread.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By esdunbar:

The 5.56 Bren 2 is a great gun. Very few issues with it. 1 person had some bad damage to his extension lugs but other than that I havent heard any issues at all with the 5.56 model. Some peening on the lugs is normal for piston guns. Nothing to worry about as it happens with fn scar, Lmt, Acr and so on. Buy the 5.56 with confidence you are getting a really good weapon.

I have 5 scars, 4 Virtus', 2 POF 415's a Tavor X95 and a Sig 516 (all piston guns...probably more that I can't recall).  Not a single one of them have damage to the lugs like my two Bren 2's do.  Can you show pics of the guns I've mentioned with damaged lugs like we're seeing on the Bren?  Respectfully, I think your comment is very wrong.

Also, it's not "one guy."  Numerous of us have reported the same issue in this thread.
I have scars, x95s, AUGs,arxs, many more. None look this even after 1000s of rounds. I just bought a Bren yesterday.... wish I’d saw this 1st.   Has anyone looked as the SN range and dates on the Brens with the issues and the ones without?
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Was looking at some of the accessories hbi offers for the carbine.  Is drilling out a suppressor setting needed for carbine?  The hbi selectors and charging handle that much of an improvement?  Is the rail mlok?  Would like to add a surefire mini scout.  Will need to wait for a warcomp looks oos every where I buy from
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 1:33:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By bob9181:

There was only one left and I snagged it. Thanks for sharing. About $50-100 cheaper than other places shipped for today.
View Quote

Well I guess I jinxed it. The order got cancelled.

I wanted to reach out to you because we ran into a bit of an issue. We operate a full retail store and the last Bren2 sold before the inventory level on the website updated so we are unfortunately out of stock. We do have more units on order, but we don't have an ETA from CZ. It could be a week or 3+ months. I can issue a full refund or I can hold the order open to ship as soon as CZ delivers the next gun. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Link Posted: 4/5/2021 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#45]

I wanted to reach out to you because we ran into a bit of an issue. We operate a full retail store and the last Bren2 sold before the inventory level on the website updated so we are unfortunately out of stock. We do have more units on order, but we don't have an ETA from CZ. It could be a week or 3+ months. I can issue a full refund or I can hold the order open to ship as soon as CZ delivers the next gun. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

View All Quotes

That sucks.

Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:54:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sweet5ltr] [#46]
This is my last firearm purchase from CZ-USA, it's appalling the way they've treated individuals like those above - who were provided an expensive failed product (like many of us) and then, put to the back of the line.  The (real) engineers at CZ-UB could have designed a completely new platform by now if that was a priority, yet they still haven't solved an FTE issue that American companies did (for the most part) in a few weeks.  It seems like they don't really care about the success of the 7.62x39 Bren 2 in the USA, which is the only reason to really buy a Bren 2 IMHO as it's first class in that segment.  I would personally have gotten a refund last year if I didn't own the 2S model.  

One call, CZ-USA could have pulled in a 5.56 Bren 2Ms from any major distributor to replace this one example with.  They aren't even trying to maintain positive customer relations anymore.  How does a major importer or distributor that employs thousands of people, claim they can't determine if a large shipment of small arms (or spare parts for that matter) will arrive tomorrow or in three months?  It's hilarious, but this is the same importer who didn't import spare parts (and still hasn't) for two years so it's understandable.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:10:25 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Still liking your Sig Virtus? Whats your Go To Weapon of choice?
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:00:57 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Yes, the Virtus is still king.

Link Posted: 4/9/2021 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Nice! I agree. IAfter talking to you about it a while back I bought a rattler and an 11.5" in 5.56 and a 9" 300 BLK. Great platform. What would be awesome would be if they made a 22 lr conversion kit to use with 5.56 and a x39 model. Thanks for the nudge that direction.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:50:50 AM EDT
[#50]

Nice! I agree. IAfter talking to you about it a while back I bought a rattler and an 11.5" in 5.56 and a 9" 300 BLK. Great platform. What would be awesome would be if they made a 22 lr conversion kit to use with 5.56 and a x39 model. Thanks for the nudge that direction.
View All Quotes

Awesome! I just have the 11.5" Virtus and 2 MPX K's. Love the platform.

Unfortunately the Brens have been relegated to shoot to destruction as of now. Puff pieces... Safe gems... Side show stuff. Lol

Page / 102
CZ Bren 2 (Page 80 of 102)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top