User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Bren 2 (Page 77 of 102)
Page / 102
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Flthy_McNsty:

It appears you can order regardless if they are in-stock or not.  
Did you order it while it was in-stock, or did you just place your order and wait until they came it?  
View Quote

The "order" is actually a "backorder" and they are shipped as the orders are received as they receive them from the manufacturer.

FilthyMcnasty, kind of....

ATF NFA markings have to be on the barrel or receiver/frame.

Europe defines "receiver or frame" as the "pressure containing module", hence why CZ pistols have their serials engraved on the slide/barrel.

USA ATF dictates the "frame or receiver" as the device that contains the fire control group.

Hence why CZ handguns have S/N stamped slides/barrels but American made (non imported) firearms do not.

Best conclusion I've been able to make based on my research anyways, hence why I asked.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By rlbuzz:

Like others have said https://www.cz-parts.com/cz-bren-2-stock-complete-37s-a

I ordered one about three weeks ago and it arrived in just over one week. When I ordered mine it was $155 plus $25 shipping. Very reasonable.

I see now that the stock is currently out of stock as of 2/10 but the price has jumped to $195 plus shipping, which is the same price as the carbine stock. Not happy with the price increase but it's still reasonable considering the possibility that if biden cuts off foreign imports of gun parts as he is threatening, it might not be available at all in the future. Whether the stock is in stock or not, you can still order it and it will be shipped when it is available, which seems to be pretty regularly.
View Quote

Yep.  I've had two BR stocks on order for over a month.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:26:13 PM EDT
[#3]
https://www.reuters.com/article/czg-colt-idUSL1N2KH3HO

Oh I see. Gotta save money to buy gun companies. Can't spend that money on making spare parts.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 9:39:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Would this be a way in for .gov contracts? Sig has been stealing the thunder lately, but CZ acquiring a brand like Colt, with its long history within our .mil.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:
Would this be a way in for .gov contracts? Sig has been stealing the thunder lately, but CZ acquiring a brand like Colt, with its long history within our .mil.
View Quote

It certainly would give them a better foothold at getting it done.  I know they used to require US facilities to produce small arms, which is where we got Beretta and FN setting up large US plants to produce the M9, M249, M240, M2, M4, and M16.

That said, with the M17/M18 settled, they're not going to be winning any big handgun tenders.  We've seen the multiple goat ropes that have come from trying to replace the M4/M16 that leave everyone with blue balls.  I don't think the NGSW is going to end up being a huge replacement program, more like a specialized solution to the "using old M14s for everything sucks" problem they have.

From a .gov standpoint, I could see them trying to revitalize Colt's M4/M16 production to make them competitive in those contracts again.  Maybe take the innovation from Colt Canada and bring it to the US.  They've stagnated, have extreme labor costs, and are using tired equipment.  If CZ swoops in and breathes life into that, they could be very successful in military and law enforcement again.

Commercially, they've been successful with their Dan Wesson lines.  Colt's been sitting on a gold mine with the Python and Anaconda while they're too busy trying to run the rest of their business into the ground.  Competing in the basic AR market is a race to the bottom now, but again, they could take a lot of the innovation on the Colt Canada side and bring it to the US commercial market.  I don't need another basic M4 but some of the newer designs would be pretty enticing.  Aside from the Bren 2 at $2k, CZ is not competing in the semi auto rifle space very aggressively.  Having a US factory to produce Bren 2s would be advantageous as well.  I think FN and IWI have proven you can sell semi auto designs at multiple price points without eating into your own markets.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 2:15:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone with the 2020 7.62 2S know what the thread pitch is?  Apparently CZ themselves cant give me the answer.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 2:24:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By richiemfmead:

The "order" is actually a "backorder" and they are shipped as the orders are received as they receive them from the manufacturer.

FilthyMcnasty, kind of....

ATF NFA markings have to be on the barrel or receiver/frame.

Europe defines "receiver or frame" as the "pressure containing module", hence why CZ pistols have their serials engraved on the slide/barrel.

USA ATF dictates the "frame or receiver" as the device that contains the fire control group.

Hence why CZ handguns have S/N stamped slides/barrels but American made (non imported) firearms do not.

Best conclusion I've been able to make based on my research anyways, hence why I asked.
View Quote

Sort of.  NFA marking can be on 1 of 4 different named components, separated by commas.  Barrel, slide, frame, receiver.
The ATF is all over the place as to what constitutes the receiver.  We have a actual legal definition, but AR lower receivers do not fit that definition, so legally should not be considered firearms receivers.  But the ATF has decided they are, so they are the serialized part of the gun.  Except in the case of when guns are built using an AR lower and then an upper than supplies its own magazine, like a 50MBG or 5.7mm using P90 mags.  In that case, the upper in the firearm, and what is the lower?

And then you have guns like the thompson, which was the popular gun when the NFA was signed into law, and one of the main motivators for the NFA.  According to all the technical drawings and plans, the receiver is the bigass block of steel that houses the bolt and where the magazine attaches and the barrel screws on.  The frame is a completely different part.  It is the part that houses the fire control components.  The serialized part of the tommy gun is the receiver.  The gun does have separate frame, barrel, and receiver, and according to The Man, any of those parts are allowed to be used for NFA engraving.  And according to the drawings and diagrams for the CZ scorpion, the part everybody calls a bolt is actually called the "slide", and the bolt catch is called the "slide stop".  Therefore, if one were inclined, they could do their NFA engraving on the scorpion evo's bolt, and still be within the letter of the law as far as the ATF goes.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 12:23:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Findsman:

It certainly would give them a better foothold at getting it done.  I know they used to require US facilities to produce small arms, which is where we got Beretta and FN setting up large US plants to produce the M9, M249, M240, M2, M4, and M16.

That said, with the M17/M18 settled, they're not going to be winning any big handgun tenders.  We've seen the multiple goat ropes that have come from trying to replace the M4/M16 that leave everyone with blue balls.  I don't think the NGSW is going to end up being a huge replacement program, more like a specialized solution to the "using old M14s for everything sucks" problem they have.

From a .gov standpoint, I could see them trying to revitalize Colt's M4/M16 production to make them competitive in those contracts again.  Maybe take the innovation from Colt Canada and bring it to the US.  They've stagnated, have extreme labor costs, and are using tired equipment.  If CZ swoops in and breathes life into that, they could be very successful in military and law enforcement again.

Commercially, they've been successful with their Dan Wesson lines.  Colt's been sitting on a gold mine with the Python and Anaconda while they're too busy trying to run the rest of their business into the ground.  Competing in the basic AR market is a race to the bottom now, but again, they could take a lot of the innovation on the Colt Canada side and bring it to the US commercial market.  I don't need another basic M4 but some of the newer designs would be pretty enticing.  Aside from the Bren 2 at $2k, CZ is not competing in the semi auto rifle space very aggressively.  Having a US factory to produce Bren 2s would be advantageous as well.  I think FN and IWI have proven you can sell semi auto designs at multiple price points without eating into your own markets.
View Quote

The first order of business should be for CZ to get Colt the fuck out of CT and move the whole kit & kaboodle down to Arkansas. As the Small Arms Solutions guy says, Colt has already run off all their top engineers and management and the workers are firmly entrenched in unions operating antiquated equipment. The libtard Northeast is a toxic environment for any gun manufacturer.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:44:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By apocalypserisin:
Anyone with the 2020 7.62 2S know what the thread pitch is?  Apparently CZ themselves cant give me the answer.
View Quote

14x1 LH
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 1:01:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By apocalypserisin:
View Quote

I can actually personally verify they made them in different thread pitches probably depending on the barrel length. I have a 2S 14" that is 1/2x28 (yes, you read that correctly) and I have a 2S 11" that is 14x1LH.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I did this upgrade for my 11"inch 5.56. It made it shoot a lot softer suppressed and I wasn't getting as much gas into my face as before (on the regular setting).
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By zoutou86:
I did this upgrade for my 11"inch 5.56. It made it shoot a lot softer suppressed and I wasn't getting as much gas into my face as before (on the regular setting).
View Quote

What upgrade?
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 7:04:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kian503] [#13]
My 2019 14" 2MS X39 FTE Machine is 5/8x24.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:29:54 AM EDT
[#14]
My 2020 2S is 11", guess I'll try and throw on my 14x1 slant brake from my AK to see if it fits, if I ever even get to see the gun again.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:29:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Has anyone here elected to exchange their x39 gun for a 5.56 model? If so, has CZ fulfilled the offer yet?
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes and yes. My 11 inch 5.56 runs like a.top.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By armoredman:
View Quote

Would you or do you choose your 11" 5.56 Bren 2 as your go to weapon of choice over a high end ar15 or any other available weapon?
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 5:39:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#18]
Originally Posted By JuanCarlos:

Would you or do you choose your 11" 5.56 Bren 2 as your go to weapon of choice over a high end ar15 or any other available weapon?
View Quote

I don't see why not. I have a few 5.56mm Brens and they have all functioned flawlessly

With that said, I also have other options...

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 5:50:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By armoredman:
View Quote

Awesome. How long did it take them? I opted for the exchange and gave them the info about a week ago, figured I’d probably be waiting another month or two at least.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 6:17:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Flthy_McNsty] [#20]
For those that may have ordered recently or are thinking about ordering from CZ-Parts.com, I received shipping notification for the #37S-B stock I ordered last week.  I never saw it show in stock though.  So they may be drop shipping them.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:01:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Would've never guessed I would be getting a Bren 2 BR stock at a reasonable price before I got my gun back from CZ, but here we are.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:52:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sweet5ltr] [#22]
Looks like Zack has left the chat.  CZ-USA could at least provide some sense of courtesy and mass-email those who returned their Bren 2's a weekly update or status.  

My Bren 2S is sitting in the safe, waiting like everyone else for the 'warranty fix' - whatever that may be - to be finalized, along with SPARE PARTS!  If it was a normal 2Ms, it would have been returned for a full refund a long time ago.  

This company essentially left us all in the dark during one of the most critical time periods in US history.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 3:19:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#23]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Right now? No, not until I get about another 100-200 flawless rounds through it. So far it has been doing exactly as advertised. Today was another 50, while my best friend used up some more reloads in my P-10C. Once I get enough through it to be satisfied with it's performance, as I would any firearm, AND get rid of that crappy green dot SIG MSR and replace it with a solid Romer5, then yes, I wouldn't have any problem as a go to, as it is light, comfortable and so far, reliable.

Attachment Attached File

80 yards off hand with said green dot - I had a REALLY nice group from the very first run, but of course I painted it over waiting for a better one. This was average. Target is 3/4 scale IDPA. Of course according to the internet, I can't shoot at all, and should be relegated to the shallow end of the gene pool.

Attachment Attached File

Honestly, I think my biggest problem with this firearm is the dot. Other than that, it is just as advertised.

Awesome. How long did it take them? I opted for the exchange and gave them the info about a week ago, figured I’d probably be waiting another month or two at least.

I jumped in early and it was a few months. Stuff isn't coming in as fast as anyone would like from the Czech Republic, and a LOT of attention has been focused on the Colt acquisition.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Okay, thanks. I expected it to be at least a month or two. Hopefully that’s all it is!
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Sweet5ltr:
Looks like Zack has left the chat.  CZ-USA could at least provide some sense of courtesy and mass-email those who returned their Bren 2's a weekly update or status.  

My Bren 2S is sitting in the safe, waiting like everyone else for the 'warranty fix' - whatever that may be - to be finalized, along with SPARE PARTS!  If it was a normal 2Ms, it would have been returned for a full refund a long time ago.  

This company essentially left us all in the dark during one of the most critical time periods in US history.
View Quote

https://hongkongfp.com/2021/02/16/hong-kong-police-buy-firearms-from-czech-supplier-after-us-order-blocked-by-sanctions-report/

CZ is too busy buying Colt and selling Scorpions to the Hong Kong Police too worry about us.

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:47:54 PM EDT
[#26]
What!!!! I ordered the same stock from them 3-4 weeks ago, and I haven't heard anything.  I will have to give them a call tomorrow.  When I placed the order, they didn't take payment information, I thought that was strange.  Did you have the same experience?
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:37:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By MKEman:
What!!!! I ordered the same stock from them 3-4 weeks ago, and I haven't heard anything.  I will have to give them a call tomorrow.  When I placed the order, they didn't take payment information, I thought that was strange.  Did you have the same experience?
View Quote

Their payment process is a bit weird.   When I ordered, I basically went through an online shopping cart checkout process but like you, they did not collect any payment information during it.  You only select a "Online Payment" option.  Then after I completed that process by clicking the "Finish the order" button,  I was taken to a 3rd party payment processor by the name of Barion to complete my payment with a Credit Card.    
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#28]

Their payment process is a bit weird.   When I ordered, I basically went through an online shopping cart checkout process but like you, they did not collect any payment information during it.  You only select a "Online Payment" option.  Then after I completed that process by clicking the "Finish the order" button,  I was taken to a 3rd party payment processor by the name of Barion to complete my payment with a Credit Card.    
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MKEman:

I had the same problem and was never sent payment information and there was no link to 'online payment'. I emailed their customer service and they replied that they have had problems with their payment service and that I should reorder.  The second attempt sent me to Barion payment processing as was earlier reported. After completing the payment process, all went smoothly.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#29]
There is a 2MS carbine in the EE. I requested a picture from the seller with his name written beside it and he sent me this.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 12:04:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vectorsc] [#30]
Anyone else have this wear pattern starting in their receiver extension?  

Mine is beating the fuck out of itself.  I think that one lug is 30% gone now and another is damaged 10%.  

11” 2MS 556. 1500 rounds.  

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
There is a 2MS carbine in the EE. I requested a picture from the seller with his name written beside it and he sent me this.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/57761/image_123927839_JPG-1833381.JPG
View Quote

Why does it have MBUS sights instead of the factory CZ troy copies?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By thearmschest:

View Quote
No idea, as it's not mine.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 12:21:24 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes

I realize that. Was just making an observation based on the pic you posted. The missing factory sights would be something to consider prior to purchasing as they are substantially more expensive than the MBUS shown in the pic.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By vectorsc:

Mine is beating the fuck out of itself.  I think that one lug is 30% gone now and another is damaged 10%.  

11” 2MS 556. 1500 rounds.  

https://i.postimg.cc/CMjt09MG/F4-E56575-C86-E-4566-BFB0-D47103-C89153.jpg
View Quote

Interesting, hadn't looked until you posted this but I'm starting to see wear in the same spots on my 8" 556. Mine only has 600 or so rounds through it at this point but its definitely starting.

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Hmm, interesting. Mine only has 100 through it so far, will check to see if anything is starting to show.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Just asked another Bren buddy if his was doing it.  He’s a collector so he mostly doesn’t shoot his.  

This was his answer.

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By vectorsc:

11" 2MS 556. 1500 rounds.  

https://i.postimg.cc/CMjt09MG/F4-E56575-C86-E-4566-BFB0-D47103-C89153.jpg
View Quote

Shit just keeps getting worse for CZ on these bad boys...

How's the bolt lugs looking like?

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:

Shit just keeps getting worse for CZ on these bad boys...

How's the bolt lugs looking like?

View Quote

I’ll look later this week when I get back to work.   I don’t like what I’m seeing so far.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 5:11:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Ffs. Maybe I'll just hang mine on the wall for deco instead of shooting them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 5:19:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#40]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
Ffs. Maybe I'll just hang mine on the wall for deco instead of shooting them.
View Quote

Hmm, offload now or shoot until destruction... (Don't think new barrels, bolts, etc. are in our near future or if ever at this point)

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Fuck my life. I just sold my LWRC SMG 45 due to all the issues. I have the CZ Bren 2s w14" barrel in 5.56 and the CZ Bren 2MS carbine. Have about 300 rounds down the pipe of the Bren 2s and just checked only to find some slight damage to one lug already starting. What the fuck already? I  just cant win. Thinking about dumping all CZ, but what to get in place of them?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:
My former 2019 production gun was running a 1.69mm port.  My new 2020 is running a 1.65mm port.

To note, my 2019 gun was measured at 5100+ rounds so there may have been some erosion.  I'm not sure if there is a port size difference.
View Quote

@Magsz18

Can we see the barrel extension and bolt of your Bren 2 with 5100 rounds?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:39:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#43]
Fuck my life. I just sold my LWRC SMG 45 due to all the issues. I have the CZ Bren 2s w14" barrel in 5.56 and the CZ Bren 2MS carbine. Have about 300 rounds down the pipe of the Bren 2s and just checked only to find some slight damage to one lug already starting. What the fuck already? I  just cant win. Thinking about dumping all CZ, but what to get in place of them?
View Quote

I have an 11.5" Sig Virtus, PWS MK111 plus an 11" Robinson XCR on the way for all my piston needs... I've already decided to ditch the Brens...

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#44]

I have an 11.5" Sig Virtus, PWS MK111 plus an 11" Robinson XCR on the way for all my piston needs... I've already decided to ditch the Brens...

View All Quotes

Yeah...already looking for replacements. As a huge fan of CZ...this breaks my heart.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:52:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Interesting to see pictures of guns with locking lug gouging issue.
I only have about 1000rds through my Bren 2 5.56 14" gun and the lug still looks perfect.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Do you like the Virtus better than a high end ar?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:17:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#47]
Originally Posted By gonnasellstuff:

View All Quotes

I have to say yes. I have been very impressed by the Virtus, until the Robinson shows up anyway... I'm hoping for very good things from the XCR

With that said, I still like my Triarc DI guns, but the Virtus and even the PWS is really where it's at for me.

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:25:32 PM EDT
[#48]

I have to say yes. I have been very impressed by the Virtus, until the Robinson shows up anyway... I'm hoping for very good things from the XCR

With that said, I still like my Triarc DI guns, but the Virtus and even the PWS is really where it's at for me.

View Quote

I heard the Virtus was really front end heavy but a great gun. Right now my go to is Knights Armament Sr-15 11.5". Great guns. My Bren 2 with 8000 rounds has near zero wear on the lugs or barrel extension and has been flawless but concerning how Cz has treated its customers.  :(
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:50:29 PM EDT
[#49]

I heard the Virtus was really front end heavy but a great gun. Right now my go to is Knights Armament Sr-15 11.5". Great guns. My Bren 2 with 8000 rounds has near zero wear on the lugs or barrel extension and has been flawless but concerning how Cz has treated its customers.  :(
View Quote

It's really not that bad plus the heavier front helps keep the gun on target. It takes some getting used to, but it works quite well.

I like the Brens but I'm cutting my losses. I have the wear on the lugs on two guns already. It's not as bad as the others posted but it's there.

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:12:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sweet5ltr] [#50]
CZ is basically going to warranty replace these entire pistols before this is over.

I would never consider a Bren 2 in 5.56.  LMT, Geissele, Knights, there are too many proven manufactures here in the US with outstanding customer service.
Page / 102
CZ Bren 2 (Page 77 of 102)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top