Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

CZ Bren 2 (Page 42 of 101)
Page / 101
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Decided against SBRing my Bren 2 since just found out today I might be relocating for work purposes.

Selling a new ACR stock + Dan Haga Bren 2 ACR adapter on the EE for the price I bought them for, to anyone looking for these.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 5:30:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Finally got my SBR squared away.

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:16:56 AM EDT
[#3]
How is that Razor sight? I have never actually held one, or even seen one in the wild. I am trying to decide on my optic for my Bren 14". Right now I have a Burris AR-536 mounted on it. However, I am not so certain I like the optic on the Bren.

What are most people running for optics now a days?
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By castroyy:
What are most people running for optics now a days?
View Quote

I have a Trijicon AccuPower 1-4x24 on mine.  I have astigmatism so red dots and holographics are a no-go for me.  So I pretty much just LPVOs on my semi-autos.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 9:57:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: castroyy] [#5]
Guess who just rolled up the driveway???? Fed Ex and my CZ BR stock... Yahooo...

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:01:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Fixed your pic...

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
Fixed your pic...

View Quote

Thank you.. What did I do wrong? I am never good at posting pics. Much appreciated
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:45:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By castroyy:

Thank you.. What did I do wrong? I am never good at posting pics. Much appreciated
View Quote
No problem.
Next time, just Right Click on your image in Imjur (or whatever host you use), and you should see "Copy Image Address".
In your post, click the little image icon and paste the link into that. Should work for ya.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:52:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I wish I didn't have astigmatism. It is annoying as hell for red dots. I even considered getting Lasix to fix it. The thing is, I don't really have vision problems besides it.

Just got a Aimpoint Pro and the dot looks like a weird X. Will be putting that in the EE soon. I am going to try prism red dots from Vortex.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Man I have never heard of that before. However, I might have it!!!! Lights are always blurry for me... Tail lights, head lights.. However, I have never had an issue with my red-dots. Or maybe I have and never knew it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Military Arms  Channel just posted his video of the carbine.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:
Military Arms  Channel just posted his video of the carbine.
View Quote

Nice. 26 minutes I'll lose right now. I need to take a break from work anyways.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 12:50:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz] [#13]
Originally Posted By castroyy:
Man I have never heard of that before. However, I might have it!!!! Lights are always blurry for me... Tail lights, head lights.. However, I have never had an issue with my red-dots. Or maybe I have and never knew it.
View Quote

Typically for me red dots have a slight starburst effect.  The one Eotech holographic I looked through wasn't too bad, but I pretty much now just stick to LPVOs with illuminated reticles.  I had lasik done, too, and I thought that would help out with it but it didn't.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#14]
probably asked before but should i go with

the carbine version for around 2k

or the 14.5 pistol for 1.5k and pin and weld to 16 and add a stock.

i saw the differences on military arms channel...probably need to see accuracy results for carbine.but pistol would be over all lighter i think
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:15:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz] [#15]
Originally Posted By AR-15_guy:
probably asked before but should i go with 

the carbine version for around 2k 

or the 14.5 pistol for 1.5k and pin and weld to 16 and add a stock. 

i saw the differences on military arms channel...probably need to see accuracy results for carbine.but pistol would be over all lighter i think
View Quote

The pistol is super light.  Compared to my 805 pistol it feels much lighter.  I'd say your decision ultimately should be based on which look you like more.  I like the look of the pistol way more than the rifle with its long MLok handguard, so I got the 14" and am going to have it pinned/welded.  You'd come out about even going with either route.  Figure $1,500 for the gun, $100 for the muzzle device, $50 for pin/weld at ADCO, $200 for stock and you're looking at $1,850 so roughly the same as street price on the carbine.  So again I'd just base it off which look you prefer more: pistol or carbine.

Also since the barrel is only 14" you'll want a longer muzzle device than what you'd toss on a 14.5" AR.  I got a POF brake which is 2.55" w/timing nut and it's just a tad short of meeting the 16" length, so I returned it and got a JP Industries FH which is 3.1" and now I am just over 16" in length.  So I'd say you probably want something 2.7" or longer and maybe some sort of spacer behind it just to be safe.  The UltraDyne Apollo should be just long enough as I think it's 2.96" or something like that, anything 3" or longer should be perfect with just a crush washer.

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:18:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: erwinp] [#16]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:
Also since the barrel is only 14"...
View Quote

Question... how long is the stock flash-hider?  Someplace else I read is that it was almost enough and you could get to 16" by adding a crush or peel washer.  There are also the barrel shims for timing a muzzle device if crush washer is not thick enough...
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:36:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz] [#17]
Originally Posted By erwinp:

Question... how long is the stock flash-hider?  Someplace else I read is that it was almost enough and you could get to 16" by adding a crush or peel washer.  There are also the barrel shims for timing a muzzle device if crush washer is not thick enough...
View Quote

I actually measured it yesterday to compare it to the POF I got. I think it was about 2.3" if I recall correctly.  Wherever you read that is spot on.  I added a spacer behind it and it gets close to the 16" length, but was short by about .15"
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By erwinp:

Question... how long is the stock flash-hider?  Someplace else I read is that it was almost enough and you could get to 16" by adding a crush or peel washer.  There are also the barrel shims for timing a muzzle device if crush washer is not thick enough...
View Quote
2.25" OAL.
1.62" from the end down to the crown.

Remember that the ATF measures down to the bolt face, where as the Europeans will measure overall barrel length.
Not sure what the 14" barrel actually measures from crown to bolt face, maybe someone else can chime in?
But whatever that is, adding 1.62 would give you the length with the stock FH P&W.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#19]
2.25" OAL.
1.62" from the end down to the crown.

Remember that the ATF measures down to the bolt face, where as the Europeans will measure overall barrel length.
Not sure what the 14" barrel actually measures from crown to bolt face, maybe someone else can chime in?
But whatever that is, adding 1.62 would give you the length with the stock FH P&W.
View Quote

When I get home today I can measure the barrel from the crown to boltface and see what it comes in at.  I forgot to do that yesterday when I was trying to time the brake on it for P&W, so I was just measuring the length with a muzzle device on it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 4:05:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz] [#20]
@tifosi

From bolt face to crown the barrel measures exactly 14", so CZ's number is spot on.

@erwinp

With the stock flash hider on, from bolt face to the end of the prongs is about 15 5/8"

Tifosi was spot on in that the flash hider is 2.25".

My POF muzzle brake plus timing nut is is 2.55" and with that on it is just a literal hair under 16".  So I'd venture to say anything that is 2.7" or longer is without a doubt safe in getting you over 16" in length.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 4:08:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:
So I'd venture to say anything that is 2.7" or longer is without a doubt safe in getting you over 16" in length.
View Quote

Nice, thanks for the follow up.

That'll be good information for anyone considering a P&W.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 4:26:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: erwinp] [#22]
@All
Thanks for the info.  

That'll be good information for anyone considering a P&W.
View Quote

This is my plan (with a purchase from balthezor ).  I have a 5.56 14” Bren 2 on order (the local gun shop is expecting to have in for me next week).  Already have the ACR stock w/adapter coming too.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#23]
For all the money I'm saving not SBRing, I am tempted to pick up a 5.56 Bren 2. Really want to compare it to my 7.62.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Finally!!

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
Finally!!

View Quote

After seeing them side by side, I am very glad I went with the BR stock!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
Finally!!

https://i.imgur.com/cXIP1iE.jpg
View Quote
Which do you like better?

I went with the BR style 'cause 1) I want to do a GIGN inspired build with mine 2) I think it looks better, and 3) the QD socket.
It doesn't look like there's a good way to attach a sling to the original style?
But what's your opinion? What do you think of the "gen 1" stock?
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 9:28:14 PM EDT
[#27]
I like them both. They are both solid. Theres an itty bitty amount of wiggle with the BR that the carbine doesnt have. This could just be my particular stocks though. I think the BR is better suited on my 14" with the LPVO, and the carbine on the 9" with red dot. I prefer the looks of the carbine more.

You can see the contour on top is different. The rounded BR looks more comfortable.

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:22:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I like them both. They are both solid. Theres an itty bitty amount of wiggle with the BR that the carbine doesnt have. This could just be my particular stocks though. I think the BR is better suited on my 14" with the LPVO, and the carbine on the 9" with red dot. I prefer the looks of the carbine more.

You can see the contour on top is different. The rounded BR looks more comfortable.  
View Quote

I don't have any wiggle in my BR stock. Although, I don't have the carbine stock to compare it too. I will say this. With no stock on, there was a little play between the lower and the upper. WIth the adaptor removed, and the stock installed that play is gone. So that's a win right there!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:26:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gonnasellstuff] [#29]
Finally!!

View Quote

Will you be keeping both?
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:41:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Finally!!

View Quote

That bottom stock is awesome!
How would I go about getting one like that?
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:25:46 AM EDT
[#31]

Nice, thanks for the follow up. 

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zeebz:
So I'd venture to say anything that is 2.7" or longer is without a doubt safe in getting you over 16" in length.

Nice, thanks for the follow up. 

Well that's depressing. Griffin doesnt make anything in taper-mount that long.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By gonnasellstuff:

Will you be keeping both?
View Quote

Yes, I have two 2S.

Originally Posted By BarrettBoy:

That bottom stock is awesome!
How would I go about getting one like that?
View Quote

Euro-military.com
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Military arms channel review of Bren 2 Carbine

https://youtu.be/FhyU-6h4kMs
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#34]
I like them both. They are both solid. Theres an itty bitty amount of wiggle with the BR that the carbine doesnt have. This could just be my particular stocks though. I think the BR is better suited on my 14" with the LPVO, and the carbine on the 9" with red dot. I prefer the looks of the carbine more.

You can see the contour on top is different. The rounded BR looks more comfortable.

https://i.imgur.com/yDv0e6u.jpg
View Quote

Which one would you say would allow you to get on target faster with a red dot like aimpoint mounted at a 1/3 iron sight co witness height?
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 10:17:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 29212:

Which one would you say would allow you to get on target faster with a red dot like aimpoint mounted at a 1/3 iron sight co witness height?
View Quote

Imo, the carbine stock
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:52:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BisonWorld] [#36]
Figured I would go over my carbine build a little more in detail as promised.

While not a personal fan of medium weight contoured barrels, they do look great dimpled.

ETA. Total weight loss from barrel rework was about 9 ounces, around 3.5 of that was from shortening down to 14.5 (barrel starts at ~16.9 in. from the breech face)

Frank Proctor direct m-lok light mount also works just about perfect here for a low profile set up, though it is a bit of a pain to assemble on the angled sections due to the awkward angle your Allen key or screw driver ends up in when tightening down the screws. (Also needed to shave down the thickness of the pads on the mount a little ways as their height is slightly larger than the handguard wall thickness, believe about .010" here did the trick)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

After various accessories (HBI trigger and charging handle are fantastic upgrades I would highly recommend), optic, and flash light, whole set up ends up about 7lbs 6 ounces empty(no mag)
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm debating adding a 5.56 Bren 2 to my collection. With the Bren 2 carbine finally out in the wild, anyone have any thoughts between the carbine and an 11" 5.56?

If the price difference didn't matter.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#38]
I prefer the 11 inch, not really interested in the carbine. I got the 5.56 version Weds.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 8:09:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By BisonWorld:
Figured I would go over my carbine build a little more in detail as promised.

While not a personal fan of medium weight contoured barrels, they do look great dimpled.

ETA. Total weight loss from barrel rework was about 9 ounces, around 3.5 of that was from shortening down to 14.5 (barrel starts at ~16.9 in. from the breech face)

Frank Proctor direct m-lok light mount also works just about perfect here for a low profile set up, though it is a bit of a pain to assemble on the angled sections due to the awkward angle your Allen key or screw driver ends up in when tightening down the screws. (Also needed to shave down the thickness of the pads on the mount a little ways as their height is slightly larger than the handguard wall thickness, believe about .010" here did the trick)

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299270/20200305_213645_jpg-1417128.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299270/20200305_213715_jpg-1417129.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299270/Resized_20200118_140825_jpeg-1417181.JPG

After various accessories (HBI trigger and charging handle are fantastic upgrades I would highly recommend), optic, and flash light, whole set up ends up about 7lbs 6 ounces empty(no mag)
View Quote

That looks amazing!
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Once again, Bison wins the Bren 2 thread.

We need our own damn forum so we can dedicate a pic thread to his builds. :P
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#41]
got the last dan picatinny adapter.

just need to replace a couple screws on the a3 double offset and wait to put it together
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Not a very successful day:

122 grain Wolf FMJ.  About 150 rounds give or take 20.  2X stovepipes and 1X failure to eject.  The only outlier is the shitty clear magazines that ive been using.  I really should probably switch to my black mags and give those a whirl.  This gun really needs a suppressor setting.

In regard to the HBI handguard.  It appears that the bolts are holding with the loctite 2422 and 45 inch lbs of torque.  I still need to run the gun hard before I call it good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL75snWpbcQ
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:
Not a very successful day:

122 grain Wolf FMJ.  About 150 rounds give or take 20.  2X stovepipes and 1X failure to eject.  The only outlier is the shitty clear magazines that ive been using.  I really should probably switch to my black mags and give those a whirl.  This gun really needs a suppressor setting.

In regard to the HBI handguard.  It appears that the bolts are holding with the loctite 2422 and 45 inch lbs of torque.  I still need to run the gun hard before I call it good.

View Quote

Get that port drilled. 1.3mm for 9". No issues so far for me.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Black mags all the way.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:23:39 PM EDT
[#45]

122 grain Wolf FMJ.  About 150 rounds give or take 20.  2X stovepipes and 1X failure to eject.  The only outlier is the shitty clear magazines that ive been using.  I really should probably switch to my black mags and give those a whirl.  This gun really needs a suppressor setting.

In regard to the HBI handguard.  It appears that the bolts are holding with the loctite 2422 and 45 inch lbs of torque.  I still need to run the gun hard before I call it good.

View Quote

Damn, is that flash with the sandman k?  I've been running a full size RC2 and haven't gotten any flash.  Now if I take it off, I burn my retinas with the muzzle brake
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 12:58:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz] [#46]

View Quote

Saw in the description of your video you said the gun is overgassed.  That's a tan bit concerning to me as overgassed guns annoy the hell out of me.  I thought my Galil ACE was going to be an amazing gun because I fell in love with the ergonomics instantly in addition to it being an AK platform gun, and I love the AK operating system.  It was suuuuuper overgassed to the point it felt like I was shooting lighter .308 (mine was 7.62x39).  I'm not recoil shy at all as I own a 375 H&H and have owned even bigger calibers that I loved shooting.  When I expect a gun to shoot smoothly and it ends up recoiling more than I expect it to I get annoyed of it quickly.  I'm not a the biggest AR fan, but I can't deny how smooth DI guns shoot.  The only thing that has shot as smooth as an AR for me previously was my Bren 805 carbine, and oddly my Arsenal SAM7 AK rifles shot insanely smooth as well.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:15:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Name_Here:
Military arms channel review of Bren 2 Carbine

https://youtu.be/FhyU-6h4kMs
View Quote

are the carbines actually in stock anywhere? I can't seem to find any.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By rfm05:

are the carbines actually in stock anywhere? I can't seem to find any. 
View Quote

My LGS got three in from their distributor this week and I've seen them starting to show up on GB.

Picked mine up yesterday.

Link Posted: 5/17/2020 9:52:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By OLI62:

My LGS got three in from their distributor this week and I've seen them starting to show up on GB. 

Picked mine up yesterday.
https://i.imgur.com/B35ThEC.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/SDq2O55.jpg
View Quote

Maybe it’s just the light but it looks like they’re using a much lighter colored polymer on the lowers now, mine is almost as dark as the upper.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 11:32:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By OLI62:

My LGS got three in from their distributor this week and I've seen them starting to show up on GB. 

Picked mine up yesterday.
https://i.imgur.com/B35ThEC.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/SDq2O55.jpg
View Quote

Both you and MAC (Military Arms Channel) have that new primary arms GLX 2x.
On paper it seems like a perfect match for a rifle length Bren 2 in 7.62 x 39.
Any early impressions how they feel together?
Page / 101
CZ Bren 2 (Page 42 of 101)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top