BCM
User Panel

CZ Bren 2 (Page 30 of 101)
Page / 101
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JuanCarlos:
Who here that owns a bren 2 in 5.56 and a high end ar15 or scar 16 would grab the Bren 2 to defend your life over the ar15 or scar 16?
View Quote
It will take a long while before I grab anything except my Scar16 as my Go To. My Tavor SAR is the only competition at this time. Purchased my Bren 2 to test this very idea. It is a 7.62x39 variety, but functionality should be the same with exception of the ammo quality differences that may pertain to function. Both ammo types do not give me any concern on reliability though, as both are hundreds of millions of rounds proven in war zones. By the time I reach the 10k and 20k round counts in the Bren 2, should it still be going strong and new barrels are finally available, I will consider it as a potential Go To.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Who here that owns a bren 2 in 5.56 and a high end ar15 or scar 16 would grab the Bren 2 to defend your life over the ar15 or scar 16?
View Quote
One test was 12k rounds and had one extractor failure occur around the 6k mark. I think it is solid even if it feels like it has too much polymer going on, I guess they have worked it out. I have both the SCAR and BREN 2.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CavScout:

One test was 12k rounds and had one extractor failure occur around the 6k mark. I think it is solid even if it feels like it has too much polymer going on, I guess they have worked it out. I have both the SCAR and BREN 2.
View Quote
Do you like the Bren 2 over the scar 16? I sold my scar 16's  as soon as I bought my Bren 2's. I had a scar lower break as well as the kdg acre stock. Thats why Im still skeptical of the lower of the Bren 2. I bought extra lowers for the scars but thats why it never replaced my mk18's as my #1 Go to. I have a Bren 2 Folding stock but it has the polymer latch and polymer area around the latch same as the scar so I know it is a week spot and will easily break. I wish they would use a metal push button latch and reinforce the sorrounding area with some metal to strengthen it.   I have 2 new complete scar 16 lowers for sale here on EE that i purchased because I had 1 lower break.  Anyways...I love the Bren 2 and Im hoping its turns out as durable as I think it will.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:57:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LIONHART] [#4]
Originally Posted By gonnasellstuff:

Do you like the Bren 2 over the scar 16? I sold my scar 16's  as soon as I bought my Bren 2's. I had a scar lower break as well as the kdg acre stock. Thats why Im still skeptical of the lower of the Bren 2. I bought extra lowers for the scars but thats why it never replaced my mk18's as my #1 Go to. I have a Bren 2 Folding stock but it has the polymer latch and polymer area around the latch same as the scar so I know it is a week spot and will easily break. I wish they would use a metal push button latch and reinforce the sorrounding area with some metal to strengthen it.   I have 2 new complete scar 16 lowers for sale here on EE that i purchased because I had 1 lower break.  Anyways...I love the Bren 2 and Im hoping its turns out as durable as I think it will.
View Quote
Are you saying that your ACR stock broke? It wouldn't be the first that this has happened. I've seen one that cracked at the hinge. The Remington Defense ACR did away with the folding mechanism, or rather, some of them did. The SCAR IS a great rifle. I think Ron over at BFV said he has them going past 100,000rds with (If my memory is correct) just one broken extractor, and this is mostly full auto. That thread is in the FN section. I've owned SCAR's in the past, as well as, just about everything else. The polymer that CZ is using is what they term, carbon fiber reinforced polymer. I can be very nitpicky when it comes to firearms designs, materials used, number of parts, ECT. I have absolute faith in the Bren 2, so much so, that I've decided to go all in. Out with the old as some would say. Just a simple, robust design IMO. I love these guns, and I cannot wait to get my paws on the 7.62 BR model! My main concern would be the availability of spare parts, but CZ is great about stocking and selling spares, it just takes time for them to get the parts in, and listed. I also believe that the aftermarket will be quite large as well. True too, the Bren is still relatively new, so it's going to take some time. I contacted CZ a while ago about pic rails for the 2S models. They told me only for the LE models right now, so all hope is not lost!
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:20:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gonnasellstuff] [#5]
Originally Posted By LIONHART:

Are you saying that your ACR stock broke? It wouldn't be the first that this has happened. I've seen one that cracked at the hinge. The Remington Defense ACR did away with the folding mechanism, or rather, some of them did. The SCAR IS a great rifle. I think Ron over at BFV said he has them going past 100,000rds with (If my memory is correct) just one broken extractor, and this is mostly full auto. That thread is in the FN section. I've owned SCAR's in the past, as well as, just about everything else. The polymer that CZ is using is what they term, carbon fiber reinforced polymer. I can be very nitpicky when it comes to firearms designs, materials used, number of parts, ECT. I have absolute faith in the Bren 2, so much so, that I've decided to go all in. Out with the old as some would say. Just a simple, robust design IMO. I love these guns, and I cannot wait to get my paws on the 7.62 BR model! My main concern would be the availability of spare parts, but CZ is great about stocking and selling spares, it just takes time for them to get the parts in, and listed. I also believe that the aftermarket will be quite large as well. True too, the Bren is still relatively new, so it's going to take some time for the parts/accessories to show. I contacted CZ a while ago about pic rails for the 2S models. They told me only for the LE models right now, so all hope is not lost there!
View Quote
Yes I had the SCAR KDG ACR Stock Break where the push button latch locks into the adapter. (KDG did a great job replacing the stock for me).Doesnt take much pressure from the right side to pop that composite latch and surrounding area. The Scar Trigger Module also broke. I
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:
My Dan Haga ACR stock adapter is rock solid.  Zero wobble.  I'm very pleased with it although I still very much want a CZ factory stock.
View Quote
Would be great if he made enough to keep up with demand.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:36:16 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote
I certainly wouldn't be opposed to grabbing mine over a comparable gun.  It replaced my old sr-15 mod 0.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:38:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Any word on stocks and barrel kits?
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:09:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone removed the mag catch on a Bren 2? Have photos or a video of the parts?
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:28:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
Any word on stocks and barrel kits?
View Quote
I talked to CZ last week. As far as stocks/922R parts, "Any day" is what I was told for a release date. No word though on barrel kits.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:34:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Noctis] [#11]
Yea not looking good for the rails
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lordboogie:
I have two 2s’s 11inch 5.56 and 9inch 7.62, I have been pestering everyone I could at CZ even the LE sales about the picatinny rails and nobody is expecting them to come in.
Yea not looking good for the rails
The 2S models really need the side picantinny rails. MLOK suits the 2MS, but the S models look strange without them. I hope CZ changes their mind.

After some time with mine, I think the following accessories would be well received and the best companies in place to provide them.

1. Brace Retrofit
To retain as close a factory look on pistols, and remove the existing brace "looseness", an adjustable brace replacement for the collapsible portion of the stock akin to what's been done with the CZ scorpion would be great.
Since SBTactical has never offered something like this and Gearhead has, I would expect GH to produce something. I'm certain though that in 7.62x39 the metal brace would become uncomfortable very quickly.

Assumed MFR: Gearhead Works

2.Buttpad Replacement
The factory buttpad is possibly the worst material I can think of. It is a very uncomfortable plastic-feeling stiff rubber.
VLTOR has already produced this very similar product for the SCAR. VLTORs buttpad material is the best I've found, and I've tried them all, and the improved rake angle improves shoulder-ability from the alert position.

Assumed MFR: VLTOR Weapon Systems

3. Picantinny/1913 Bottom Rail BONUS: Side rails for the Bren 2S version.
MLOK is without question the latest and greatest but given the overwhelming existence of picantinny/1913 accessories (bipods, handstops, grips, heat covers) an accessory like this would sell well.
Include new screws too as the factory ones are substandard for the quality of the overall system.
Manticore Arms has produced 1913 insert rails for their own foreend for years now. Given Manticore's relationship with CZ, mayble they could do a special run of side rails for those with the 2S with their blessing.

Assumed MFR: Manticore Arms

4. Suppressor Tuned Gas Regulator

Until someone releases a tuned gas regulator I won't be shooting mine suppressed. Some with lower backpressure suppressors may have had success. Personally I don't trust mine.
Some users earlier in this thread have had some success with drilling their own custom sized gas ports. I'd like to see a finished, with the appropriate treatments, tests and coating (Cryo, Heat, HPT, DLC, whatever), replacement regulator.
There are plenty of endusers in here that I'm sure would be willing participants in testing optimal port sizes for SiCo, Dead Air, Q, Vox, Surefire, Sig offerings.
KNS has gone all out taming the overgassing on AKs. They are absolutely capable of producing something vastly simpler than this below.

Assumed MFR: KNS Precision

5. Longer Handguard
Though I personally do not find the factory MS handguard too short when bare, the existing 14" pistols will inevitably beg for longer handguards to accommodate different shooting positions and bipod options.
I'm waiting to buy a longer version which closely mimics the design cues of the CZ Bren 2 BR with a side port for regulator adjustment.
HB Industries is the only MFR who has actually shown capability in producing and releasing a Bren 2 product, but it has its own styling and attachment method.

Assumed MFR: HB Industries
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:35:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Smurgeon:

Would be great if he made enough to keep up with demand.
View Quote
He's a small, one man business that has an EXCELLENT variety of products plus downright AMAZING customer service.  If he needs to do production runs in batches that aren't always available in order to keep his business alive I will gladly wait.

The guys is just a downright good dude and someone that I want to continue doing business with even if I cant have instant gratification all the time with his designs.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:48:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By wyoak41:
Speaking of barrels, would one of you fine individuals with a 14" 7.62x39 provide an OD of the barrel? Thank you in advance. I am wondering if it is heavier profile than the 11".
View Quote
Not him, but on a new non-bayo lug version 14"
O.D. for main barrel profile: 0.588"
O.D. at shoulder where it widens: 0.684"
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 1:02:20 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote
At first I was skeptical about how much I would like it and I would like an ACR stock but no adapters to be found. The brace I installed is from GearHeadWorks and is nice but not an ACR stock. I upgraded the charging handle, trigger and selector switch with the HBI and really like them a lot. My skepticism was mostly around the materials used in construction, the SCAR feels more substantial throughout but I am starting to go hmmmm CZ really has made something great! More to come...I need more trigger time.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 7:00:28 AM EDT
[#15]
So, this rifle has piqued my interest, however I haven't found a definitive answer if the Bren 2 MS will take STANAG magazines or not.  What's everyone's experience with the rifle?
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 9:02:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DeltaAir423:
So, this rifle has piqued my interest, however I haven't found a definitive answer if the Bren 2 MS will take STANAG magazines or not.  What's everyone's experience with the rifle?
View Quote
Yes, it will STANAG magazines.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#17]
For those who wish to permanently attach a muzzle device to their 14" Bren 2 5.56 pistol please take note.  CZ has the barrel listed at 14.17", whereas the actual measurement is 13.9". FWIW.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 7:21:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gonnasellstuff] [#18]
Originally Posted By BisonWorld:

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to grabbing mine over a comparable gun.  It replaced my old sr-15 mod 0.
View Quote
I sold all my Scar 16 rifles once I got a Bren 2 S. No looking back. And I loved my Scars :)
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 7:22:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LIONHART] [#19]
Originally Posted By DeltaAir423:
View Quote
No rifles yet. Perhaps' by years end? I'm making my own, though. Keeping the military profile barrel with bayonet lug and using a custom flash hider/ barrel extension for use with the
factory flash hider. I'll post pics when all is done.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#20]
For those who wish to permanently attach a muzzle device to their 14" Bren 2 5.56 pistol please take note.  CZ has the barrel listed at 14.17", whereas the actual measurement is 13.9". FWIW.
View Quote
Yea, it's quite inconvenient
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 10:43:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Can you put the BR stock on the 5.56 body? I assume you can.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 10:52:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:
Can you put the BR stock on the 5.56 body? I assume you can.
View Quote
You can.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:00:08 PM EDT
[#23]

No rifles yet. Perhaps' by years end? I'm making my own, though. Keeping the military profile barrel with bayonet lug and using a custom flash hider/ barrel extension for use with the
factory flash hider. I'll post pics when all is done.
View Quote
Are you fitting a spacer behind the flash hider then installing the flash hider to the spacer?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:20:57 AM EDT
[#24]
I would but that bottom rifle in additon to my 8" if it came out
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 45pulse:

Are you fitting a spacer behind the flash hider then installing the flash hider to the spacer?
View Quote
Spacer is threaded, welded/blended to the flash hider, threaded onto the barrel, pinned/welded.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:02:49 PM EDT
[#26]

Spacer is threaded, welded/blended to the flash hider, threaded onto the barrel, pinned/welded.
View Quote
Who did the work?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#27]
My LEO source is telling me Q2 for 922R kits and stocks.

I really wish everyone was on the darned same page...
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:
My LEO source is telling me Q2 for 922R kits and stocks.

I really wish everyone was on the darned same page...
View Quote
Why would a leo know any more than the actual employees at CZ?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ShadowAngel:

View Quote
He means the CZ employee that deals with LEO sales. I can also confirm that information as I tried to order a stock and was advised I could not as they were to be offered in Q2 with the 922r kits together as a package.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 3:59:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wyoak41] [#30]
Originally Posted By Noctis:

View Quote
Thank you for this info!

11" has a 0.56" main barrel profile. The 14" is indeed slightly thicker, at least the non-bayo variety. 3" difference (or slightly less in length), + slightly thicker profile sounds like good engineering to me.

Hopefully barrel kits are available before the end of this decade...
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
Who did the work?
View All Quotes

Who did the work?
LRK in Arizona.

Also, for those who have a 5.56 with a 14" barrel and a HB handguard, the instructions say that it might be necessary to remove the roll pin on the bayonet lug, and to rotate the lug upwards for the handguard to slide on. Alternately, it suggests removing the fh and lug. This isn't necessary, as the HB handguard slides right over the lug without removing anything.

As far as the stocks. Ugh, I too have received conflicting information from CZ. Last month they were set to be released this month, then last week it was, "any day", to a now Q2 release. We're in the same situation as when the Scorpion came out. It would have been really great if CZ had all this ready to go, like they said they would at the 2019 Shot Show. Obviously this isn't the case, but hopefully we'll see everything soon!

I'm also looking forward to different brace options as I just ordered an 8" model! These  Brens are getting rather addictive, lol
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Thank you for this info!

11" has a 0.56" main barrel profile. The 14" is indeed slightly thicker, at least the non-bayo variety. 3" difference (or slightly less in length), + slightly thicker profile sounds like good engineering to me.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Noctis:

Thank you for this info!

For anyone wondering, we're talking about the 7.62 x 39 versions, 5.56 is probably different.

Barrel swaps are pretty simple. Not as quick as an MRP, but it's easy. I think caliber conversions will be popular if not absurdly priced (LMT & FN).
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#33]
We need a forum just for our type. Maybe B&T APC and CZ Bren types?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ShadowAngel:

View Quote
Other people have already address this but I'm speaking about my Law Enforcement sales contact.

Sorry for the confusion.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 6:24:41 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
Periodically the subject of adding a B&T forum and a CZ forum come up.  The two companies have continued to grow so, maybe it is the time now.  They are certainly more popular than ever.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:10:35 AM EDT
[#36]
CZ has an annoying habit of forcing a bundle of 922R parts with a stock, making the price higher.

I wonder what the forced items will be?

I mean, if I have a US made mag, trigger, HBi hadguard and my griffin suppresor mount.... thats 6 right there. I really wish they'd stop with that practice.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:44:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: barnbwt] [#37]
View Quote
We should just conquer the dying ACR forum
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 7:32:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LIONHART] [#38]
Anyone have their Bren coated green like the French GIGN Brens?  Looks nice!

GREEN BREN 2
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
CZ has an annoying habit of forcing a bundle of 922R parts with a stock, making the price higher.

I wonder what the forced items will be?

I mean, if I have a US made mag, trigger, HBi hadguard and my griffin suppresor mount.... thats 6 right there. I really wish they'd stop with that practice.
View Quote
What foreign manufacturer sells OEM stocks originally designed to go on the rifle version of the gun they had to turn into a pistol to import without including the necessary parts to comply with 922r?
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:19:20 PM EDT
[#40]

GREEN BREN 2
View Quote
Someone here has. I remember exchanging PMs at one point. Cant remember who it was tho.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 10:14:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By AzAgLover:

What foreign manufacturer sells OEM stocks originally designed to go on the rifle version of the gun they had to turn into a pistol to import without including the necessary parts to comply with 922r?
View Quote
I get the reason. The option should be there to just buy the stock alone, for those of us whom have previously modified brens.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 10:52:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Hey so how do we install alternative muzzle devices? I read earlier that some have done it but is there a lock washer or some kind of mod required? I’m thinking of putting a SF war comp on my 8 & 11 556 pistols,
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Hey so how do we install alternative muzzle devices? I read earlier that some have done it but is there a lock washer or some kind of mod required? I’m thinking of putting a SF war comp on my 8 & 11 556 pistols,
View Quote
With the 1/2X28 threading you will have enough shoulder to install the muzzle device of your choice.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 1:09:44 AM EDT
[#44]

GREEN BREN 2
View Quote
Anyone recognize the red dots on those brens?
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By col_hapablap:

Anyone recognize the red dots on those brens?
View Quote
I believe they are made by Meopta.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Someone here has. I remember exchanging PMs at one point. Cant remember who it was tho.
View All Quotes

GREEN BREN 2

Was it this one?
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By The_Sugar_Weasel:

https://i.imgur.com/aJ0gUCi.jpg

Was it this one?
View Quote
That looks really good! Is it yours, and if so, what did you use?
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:21:00 PM EDT
[#48]

That looks really good! Is it yours, and if so, what did you use?
View Quote
That's the "deep forest green" Rustoleum paint. And thank you! It is one of mine
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Was it this one?
View All Quotes

GREEN BREN 2

Was it this one?
Yup. It's beautiful
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 2:30:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wyoak41] [#50]
The Bren 2 borrowed the scope from the Scar 17. Started to shoot some groups. Began with steel case. It groups well for the bulk 7.62x39 ammo. Better than Draco sbr, and Zastava M92, but a bit worse than the milled Norinco and Galil Ace (16"). Strangely, the first shot which was always loaded from a magazine, from a locked open bolt, resulted in a unpredictable POI. Not a cold bore thing, as it was not repeatable. Never seen this behavior before. So, shot 6-shot groups. First shot is marked, then 5 shots to calculate a group. Basically, best group was 1.42" at 100 yard and worst was 2.87", discounting first flyer of course. Golden Tiger grouped well even with the first round flyer. This is just a teaser, showing what appeared to be averag results from several groups of each ammo (sample of 1 barrel). More to show, but I'll be putting all into a large blog post later to provide stats, different of ammo types, etc.
Edit: target dots are slightly less than 1" diameter for reference
Unfortunately, double checking zero on my MRO, did discover my rear sight extreme left offset is back. The small aperture vs. large aperture POI are different! Will contact CZ and renew the warranty claim, since the barrel re torque I did was apparently not it, instead actually sighting in on the little aperture vs. large.

Page / 101
CZ Bren 2 (Page 30 of 101)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top