Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#1]
We were able to get some testing in with the new cam profile and its working great.

First test was with the reduced spring, the recoil and climb were very low but feeding not so good due to lack of force on the bolt.

Second test was with the standard HK spring and its rocking but recoil is up a bit.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 1:38:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Where do I mail money for a receiver with your barrel welded in?  Or an assembled rifle?
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Offer a SD version as a pistol with a 4" or 5" barrel with 5/8x24 threads please.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Offer a SD version as a pistol with a 4" or 5" barrel with 5/8x24 threads please.
View Quote

We have a ton of 7" 45acp stubs sitting around. That would be easy enough. Probably better than the AR15 short barrels that I was thinking too.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 11:39:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you get it running that will be a beast of a smg.
View Quote
Absolutely. The G3 has a great rep for durability. The Thompson mags were built to be solidly in the receiver despite recoil (minimal to no wiggling), and are double-stack, double-feed. The .45 is a lower pressure cartridge by far than the .308, and even less than the 9mm - good lord, your mean rounds between parts breakages would probably be measured in pallets of ammo.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Apex is blowing Cetme 308 kits out pretty good this weekend for $125. They are not as nice as the HK parts, but they work.

Apex Cetme kits
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 3:42:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Apex is blowing Cetme 308 kits out pretty good this weekend for $125. They are not as nice as the HK parts, but they work.

Apex Cetme kits
View Quote
Are we going to need one of these kits to get a completed 45 acp firearm from you?
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 4:24:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you saying that if we buy this we will be able to buy a welded receiver from you in the immediate future?
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Are you saying that if we buy this we will be able to buy a welded receiver from you in the immediate future?
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#10]
We will be offering this as a kit at first that will have the adapter, barrel and if wanted a bolt locking piece.  Locking piece will end up with a unique plating and etching to ID that this is a 45acp only bolt.

We are looking for another company that has in house welding/finishing capabilities as well as capacity to supply the receiver with barrel, trunion and cocking tube installed.  Would really like to have one in Texas close to us, but most are up in the north east.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I took a slightly different approach on mine;
http://i.imgur.com/XVpgzZU.jpg
Lightweight, polymer USC mags, last round bolt hold open, integrally suppressed, full length rail, AR trigger --basically everything the UMP should have been but wasn't

Still working on ejection; those short cases like to fall off the breechface too soon
View Quote
That’s very very cool. I had a similar idea but lacked the skills to make it happen.

Tell us about the bolt hold open. Does it engage the face of the bolt head or bolt carrier? If the former, how are you preventing roller dimples in the bolt rails?
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I just saw this in your email. I'm gonna grab a cetme kit and see how this plays out. It's not worth it to build on my own, if I have to buy jigs to assemble/finish the receiver flat, but I'd be interested in buying an assembled barrel and receiver. Sending it off to a builder would be my second option I guess.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Are you going to run an interest list or pre order for these?
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Found 2 more Thompson Mags today. One is new in wrap. The other is a 20rd that someone elongated the mag catch hole badly.

Are these conversions going to use the original GI Mag catch location or ?
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 7:37:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Any update on this?   About to write it off as vaporware but I don't want to.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 10:30:11 AM EDT
[#16]
What did you do for the extractor?
I know the SW-45 had a proprietary extractor. Will yours interchange with theirs?
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:16:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry guys, I have not checked this in awhile.  The summer months are usually pretty slow so we take the time to travel and shut the business down while we are gone. This project is still on, we love 45acp conversion kits.  Its just slow going and combined with vacation not helping matters.

This uses the factory extractor, no issues with it. You can use this in a blowback or delay blowback system. I actually like the straight blowback best but the suppressor crowd will go the delay system I am sure. Delay blowback will need a different locking shoulder, we will make them for the cetme and hk as they are slightly different. We are lining that up and will most likely plate them in gold TIN and laser etch to make dam sure they are not used on anything but a 45acp.

We are going to go with an unusual surface finish on the barrel, something like a extremely fine thread pitch to help aid in cooling and a couple other benefits.

These kits will be ready by late August. Once we get a bit further along we will start a list. I hate to use it, but that should be in around 2 weeks
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:20:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I forgot to add, we have a boat load of mag catches we made for the FN FAL 45acp conversions we did about 20 years ago. It allows for the use of slightly elongated holes in the mag.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 2:55:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We are going to go with an unusual surface finish on the barrel, something like a extremely fine thread pitch to help aid in cooling and a couple other benefits.
View Quote
I  hope all these additions don't drive the price up a bunch!
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I forgot to add, we have a boat load of mag catches we made for the FN FAL 45acp conversions we did about 20 years ago. It allows for the use of slightly elongated holes in the mag.
View Quote
Awesome. Thank you for the updates.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 9:17:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Tag...
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 9:56:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Very interested!
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#23]
I just checked.  Apex and Sarco still have Cetme kits for around $150.

Like I needed another project...
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Very interested!
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 10:55:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

We have a ton of 7" 45acp stubs sitting around. That would be easy enough. Probably better than the AR15 short barrels that I was thinking too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

An HK 51 configuration would be a nice option for a pistol build, but I think that would be a barrel just over 8" long.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 4:33:22 PM EDT
[#26]
We just finished up the programing for the primary adapter block on this thing and on the home stretch. We are on track for having these kits ready sometime in Sept.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
We just finished up the programing for the primary adapter block on this thing and on the home stretch. We are on track for having these kits ready sometime in Sept.
View Quote
Awesome News!
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 6:20:35 AM EDT
[#28]
price estimate?
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#29]
how much will this weigh??

a 10lb 45acp?
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 2:51:05 PM EDT
[#30]
@RhinelandArms

Just to confirm what is needed:
1.) Cetme C or G3 Parts kit
2.) Cetme C or G3 receiver
3.) Thompson magazine
4.) You kit

Anything else?
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 10:41:07 AM EDT
[#31]
It looks like its going to weight around 8 pounds, but could come in lower. We are machining weight out of the adapter and the barrel currently it is a pig.

What you will need. The adapter is drop in with no receiver mods. We used a PTR receiver and really like it.

Receiver
Parts kit
Conversion kit
Thompson mag
Ammo
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 1:29:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
.....What you will need. ......... We used a PTR receiver and really like it.

Receiver
View Quote
Are you going to offer a kit with receiver and the welding completed?
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What did you do for the extractor?
I know the SW-45 had a proprietary extractor. Will yours interchange with theirs?
View Quote
I missed this one, we are using the factory extractor and spring setup without issue. We do have a different ejector though.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#34]
SARCO has the CETME kits on sale, this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 12:23:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Any movement on these?
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Its been painfully slow. Trying to get machine time in Texas is crazy right now. This project got bumped by an actual defense project.

The barrels and adapters will be done this week. That just leaves anodization and a couple small parts left. I think the facebook person will post a short video of the machining. We could not get a good video of the 4 axis machining due to the coolant flying all over the place.

It should start picking up really soon. I think for sure by Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 1:09:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Are you still going to sell the kit with a receiver and welding done?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 2:21:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Are you still going to sell the kit with a receiver and welding done?
View Quote
^^^ @RhinelandArms, What he said.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#40]
I am definitely in on this!!! I will buy a CETME kit right now! Are you going to be selling the barreled receivers?

if i use a CETME kit would i still be able to use HK furniture?
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:11:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Update,  we are making some small changes to the adapters and will be making the final small pieces over the next week or so. The barrels are coming out really nice with a near perfect chamber bevel.  Trying to get this kit ready before years end.

We will start looking for a company to help with offering barreled actions once the kits are finished and ready to go.

We will also start with the SD version set up sometime next week, we are supposed to be having some off the shelf parts come in from the guys at HKparts and RTG. Our collapsible stock came in and its really neat with that on.

Yes, you can mix and match just about everything. The only big issues to watch out for are HK stocks with Cetme bolts. If you use this combo, you have to reduce the size of the nylon spring guide. We use HK stocks and a Cetme bolt and just pop the nylon guide onto a sander to reduce the size of it.

The other one to watch for are Cetme bolts with HK locking pieces. If you do this you will get a lot of play in the bolt head and could  not feed. Use Cetme locking pieces with Cetme bolts and HK pieces wtih HK bolts. We will be offering these for those of you wanting the delay system. This is a non issue if you use the set up in regular blowback.

We also smoothed and polished the top of our HK hammer with a file to make the extraction/ejection cycle better. We also smoothed the rod for the recoil spring.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 2:18:03 AM EDT
[#42]
I really look forward to doing this build

Link Posted: 12/9/2018 6:38:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Update,  we are making some small changes to the adapters and will be making the final small pieces over the next week or so. The barrels are coming out really nice with a near perfect chamber bevel.  Trying to get this kit ready before years end.

We will start looking for a company to help with offering barreled actions once the kits are finished and ready to go.

We will also start with the SD version set up sometime next week, we are supposed to be having some off the shelf parts come in from the guys at HKparts and RTG. Our collapsible stock came in and its really neat with that on.

Yes, you can mix and match just about everything. The only big issues to watch out for are HK stocks with Cetme bolts. If you use this combo, you have to reduce the size of the nylon spring guide. We use HK stocks and a Cetme bolt and just pop the nylon guide onto a sander to reduce the size of it.

The other one to watch for are Cetme bolts with HK locking pieces. If you do this you will get a lot of play in the bolt head and could  not feed. Use Cetme locking pieces with Cetme bolts and HK pieces wtih HK bolts. We will be offering these for those of you wanting the delay system. This is a non issue if you use the set up in regular blowback.

We also smoothed and polished the top of our HK hammer with a file to make the extraction/ejection cycle better. We also smoothed the rod for the recoil spring.
View Quote
Hell yeah!

I have been curious about this ever since you first started listing the kits on your site. Emailed you guys a few times about it. Definitely want to use the delay system, but what parts kit do you suggest using? Also, what parts exactly do you use from the parts kit?

I know this will get asked eventually, so might as well ask now. Have you tested to see if 45 super/SWC will run in this? Hell i wonder if 460 Rowland is possible!?! Imagine a semiautomatic 460 Rowland! That is some hog slaying fun right there!
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Thats a good idea about the 460 Roland. I can tell you right now that pressure will not be a problem but it may be a different curve to the lock.

This project has really moved slow but we are about there. All parts are officially finished and we should have them  next week.  Adapters are currently going together.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#45]
I saw the email just now. Who's gonna be the first to buy it and tell us how difficult it is?
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#46]
@RhinelandArms

Will you make modified locking shoulders available in the future to those of us that buy a kit now?
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I saw the email just now. Who's gonna be the first to buy it and tell us how difficult it is?
View Quote
I just ordered one. If I understand correctly I have every thing else I need.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I just ordered one. If I understand correctly I have every thing else I need.
View Quote
Have you built an HK style rifle kit before?
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 8:57:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Have you built an HK style rifle kit before?
View Quote
Yes sir.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 9:11:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top